• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OFFICIAL ELECTION THREAD MEANS ALL ELECTION-RELATED STUFF GOES IN HERE, DUR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthropic

Did anyone happen to hear when absentee ballots are being counted in Ohio?...I'm wondering when my +1 for Kerry will be counted...

Socreges

Banned
AniHawk said:
Canada, I hope you have room for a lot of sane people.
Absolutely! Plenty of room in Nunavut. Bring a parka. ;)

I consider myself a pessimist and I still think Kerry will win.

Malakhov

Banned
Come on peeps, if Bush wins, at least it's his final term.

I try to see it like this as to make myself feel better, even if Kerry wins, the U.S. won't withdraw from Iraq for a while, so whatever.

4 more years Bush and you're gone for good.

Dur, you DO realize that most predictions assumed Bush would sweep the Midwest, right? The graphic may look impressive, but their electoral votes aren't.

dem

Thank god I live in Canada...

Wtf is going on down there?? Seriously.. what does America see in Bush??

Phoenix

fart said:
calling on exit polls when people are still waiting on line seems pretty dumb, boys

Its not called on exit polls (they are just polls). They get projected wins based on the number of people who have voted, where they are, what the trend is in that area, and a whole crapload of statistical math.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I want to go to Japan to teach English on the JET program. If I get in, that wouldn't be until late summer 2005.

If Bush gets elected, I'm finding a way to get to Japan in January. :p

Iceman

Razoric said:
Democrats will be insane if Bush wins. Not saying Republicans wouldnt be... but Democrats hate bush for many, many reasons. Republicans only hate Kerry because he's a democrat.

uh, what?

democrats hate bush because he's a republican and that's it.... don't get all elitist on us again. You understand that he's done basically what only a republican president could/would do. It's the republican way of doing things you're against. Sure all republicans don't agree with everything he does all the time (I bet I only agree with him 66% of the time) but basically he's done what a republican president would have done.

This is all just election day talk that always goes overboard.

I can't possibly hate Kerry because he doesn't stand for anything at all. That just makes him a curious choice for a presidential nominee... and definitely not worth a vote in my mind. But in the game of party politics this is the your guy so we have to hate him right?

Willco

Hollywood Square
A NEW HOPE... CRUSHED.

dick-cheney.jpg

"WHAT IS MY BIDDING, THY MASTER?"

200.jpg

"SEND THE FLEET TO THE FAR SIDE OF FLORIDA. THERE IT WILL STAY UNTIL CALLED FOR."

dick_cheney4_rnc_day3.jpg

"WHAT OF THE REPORTS OF THE DEMOCRATS MASSING NEAR MIAMI-DADE?"

_39350125_bush_ap.jpg

"IT IS OF NO CONCERN. SOON THE REBELLION WILL BE CRUSHED AND AMERICA WILL BE ONE OF US. YOUR WORK HERE IS FINISHED, MY FRIEND. GO OUT TO THE COMMAND POST AND AWAIT MY ORDERS."

Dick-Cheney.jpg

"YES, MY MASTER."

Anthropic

For those getting depressed at the Ohio data...There are a lot of rural counties in southern Ohio that will go for Bush. So, as the precincts report in, it might look like Bush is edgeing ahead at some points. When the more urban precincts report in, it will probably look much closer.

Ohio, Florida, Pennsylvania.... the iron triangle.... the unholy trinity... the axis of evil.... the cradle of democracy... three states to rule us all....

chimpychi

Anthropic said:
For those getting depressed at the Ohio data...There are a lot of rural counties in southern Ohio that will go for Bush. So, as the precincts report in, it might look like Bush is edgeing ahead at some points. When the more urban precincts report in, it will probably look much closer.
I hope so...

Anthropic said:

Anyone have any idea what those precincts are? Florida we know from 2000, but Ohio I havn't heard. If this news is true, and that the typically democractic precincts have not been counted yet, I'd be a bit more optomistic consider that it isn't an enitre blow out yet.

Raven.

Banned
I'll just give this nice quote:

"Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve."
-- George Bernard Shaw
:D

Wtf is going on down there?? Seriously.. what does America see in Bush??

Subconsciously... the scythe of God's wrath that will paint their streets crimson red with the blood of innocents....

Anthropic

Here's a county by country breakdown in Ohio...

http://election.sos.state.oh.us/results/RaceDetail.aspx?race=PP

Doing a quick look at the breakdown, in Cuyahoga County (Cleveland), where Kerry is leading by a 2-1 margin, only 1.53% of precincts are in. Summit County (Akron) isn't reporting anything yet. Lucas (Toledo) isn't in yet either. Stark (Canton) isn't in yet. Franklin (Columbus) is dead even, but less than one percent of the precincts are in. Hamilton (Cincinatti) is also not in yet.

Pimpwerx

Well, black people were out in force this morning. I hope it's a Kerry landslide. Stupid Nader, why did you make me vote for you with your smart ideas? PEACE.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Hey look on the bright side, atleast Kerry is gaining ground on Bush.

I'm hoping for a blowout win for Kerry in NY and CA (not likely) but still

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
There hasn't been any deviation from the 2000 election results thus far, aside from New Hampshire.
It's kinda scary. Things have changed drastically in these 4 years, but people continue to vote the same in these areas. People and their political goggles...

Phoenix

fart said:
statistics are hardly infallible.

Yes they can be incorrect, and there is a probability of that as well. When its within a certain comfort zone such that the trend is clear, most states will be called. Only if its within a (larger) percent error will a state not be called to avoid the problems of last year and people having to go testify before COngress on how it could have happened and all the pain and suffering associated with that.

mattx5

GSG Flash said:
Hey look on the bright side, atleast Kerry is gaining ground on Bush.

I'm hoping for a blowout win for Kerry in NY and CA (not likely) but still

It was a blowout win in New York.

Chony

Has turnout exceeded that of 2000?

I am still guessing it will be 50% of eligible voters, I could be wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom