• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OFFICIAL ELECTION THREAD MEANS ALL ELECTION-RELATED STUFF GOES IN HERE, DUR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

Refreshing the browser and watching the elections is like a very sad (from the perspective of how its heading) version of Myst.

Willco

Hollywood Square
THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK...

dick_cheney.jpg

"YOU'VE LEARNED MUCH, YOUNG ONE."

edwards.jpg

"YOU'LL FIND I'M FULL OF SURPRISES."

cheney.gif

"INDEED YOU ARE AS POWERFUL AS THE EMPEROR HAS FORSEEN. BUT YOU ARE NOT THE PRESIDENT... YET."

Phoenix

In the next 15 minutes the bulk of the country will be reporting in and we'll see a clear trend on who is going to win the election.

mattx5

This is going to be fucking brutal. I know quite a few people who are going to commit ceremonial suicide is Bush wins....

Phoenix

mattx5 said:
This is going to be fucking brutal. I know quite a few people who are going to commit ceremonial suicide is Bush wins....

That's be pretty stupid... you could always just move :D

Vgamer said:
even bigger lead in Flordia for Bush 56% to 43% with 34% reporting

Still none of the Democratic counties reporting in yet though. I'd keep optomistic, but unless something strange happens on the west coast, it'll be either Ohio or Florida that makes or breaks this thing. Just wish Ohio would come in a bit quicker.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
I honestly wonder who would be more upset:
-Republicans if Kerry wins, or
-Democrats if Bush wins.
I'm thinking the latter..

Razoric

Banned
Pochacco said:
I honestly wonder who would be more upset:
-Republicans if Kerry wins, or
-Democrats if Bush wins.
I'm thinking the latter..

Democrats will be insane if Bush wins. Not saying Republicans wouldnt be... but Democrats hate bush for many, many reasons. Republicans only hate Kerry because he's a democrat.

chimpychi

I'm listening to Air America all night...they're the only one's who can make me feel better if Bush wins..god no..come on Kerry!

Keio

For a Finer World
According to the BBC:

-Ohio has queues up to 5 hours
-Additional voting machines are being brought in
-Republicans have sent lawyers to contest the votes cast with the "added on machines" and claim that those votes would be illegal

Jak140

California; here are a few of the things I voted for/against:

+1 Kerry/Edwards
+1 Boxer

-1 60
+1 62
+1 66
-1 69

impirius

chimpychi said:
I'm listening to Air America all night...they're the only one's who can make me feel better if Bush wins..god no..come on Kerry!
It'll be the first time someone runs themselves through ON THE AIR

DJ_Tet

Banned
Sal Paradise Jr said:
My entire family is Republican. They are all Cuban-born, and nothing could ever get them to switch camps. It can get heated if I allow it to when discussing politics. For the most part, I just avoid them and stay quiet. My mom is the closest to being open-minded in this family, and she just decided not to vote today. It always goes back to fucking Castro. :rolleyes:

My cousin (Cmdr Solrak on GA) just this morning was yelled at by his mom when he notified her he was going to vote for Kerry.

That's funny in a sad sort of way. I believe it was on ABC tonight where they mentioned that young Cuban voters were swinging democrat even though Cubans are traditionally VERY STRONG Republicans. Cool to hear it in a real story, thanks for sharing.

If you live in Ohio, now would be the time to start stockpiling provisions and getting into your doomsday bunker. Things are going to get crazy, I guess.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Keio said:
-Republicans have sent lawyers to contest the votes cast with the "added on machines" and claim that those votes would be illegal
If those are deemed invalid, I'll go crazy. Such fucking nonsense. "Hey, thanks for voting, now go fuck yourself."

Matt

impirius said:
?!
What the hell is wrong with the Democratic contender?
It's now within 200 votes (Dem ahead), with 90% of precincts reporting. Bunning keeps going up, though...

+1 Kerry in NJ. I knew NJ would be strong for Kerry despite what analysts were saying. At this point it's looking like it won't be as close as predicted in other states either.

Pimpwerx

Jesus, Bush has all those states, but most of them are worthless. Let's hope they never gain power. PEACE.

EDIT: Still no suprises. I'm rating it by Zogby's predictions. They were off on Florida though. Bush is gonna take it pretty handily I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom