• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OFFICIAL ELECTION THREAD MEANS ALL ELECTION-RELATED STUFF GOES IN HERE, DUR

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvxfreak

Phoenix said:
170-112 Bush. Things will pick up for Kerry as we get to the west coast. Remember, this (relative) ownage could all flip immediate with a win of California.

Right. 55 + 11 + 5 will bring Democrats back up in high spirits.

People on this board need to learn a little something called PATIENCE. Sheesh, they're still counting votes in major swing states, and we haven't hit the west side of the country yet.

Fucking DRAMA QUEENS.

...and may I add, that so far Zogby's been dead on. Though Florida's looking perilous...

*Noel Coward Parody

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Seth C said:
Basically, everyone in the country save the northeast, Illinois, and California will go Bush. Maybe it's the rest of the country that should be making an IQ related generalization about YOU?

Oh yeah because Bush has been a great president whose been honest and open about all his intentions and sticking to all his plans to keep us safe and sound.

Keio

For a Finer World
Voters are STILL standing in line in many Central Ohio precincts at 9:20 pm (if you were in line at 7:30 when the polls closed, you get to vote) - the county will not report out results until all polls closed.

Many pro-Kerry counties are still voting and thus not yet counted. Let's not discount the exit polls yet.

Anthropic

Here's an update of Ohio Counties that matter...

Code:
Cuyahoga County (Cleveland): 47/1437

Kerry, John F.  	Democratic  	54,368  
Bush, George W. 	Republican 	29,750 

Franklin (Columbus): 126/825

Kerry, John F.  	Democratic  	46,669
Bush, George W. 	Republican 	55,791 

Hamilton (Cincinatti): 0/1018

Kerry, John F.  	Democratic  	18,162  
Bush, George W. 	Republican 	22,826 

Lucas (Toledo): 0/495

Kerry, John F.  	Democratic  	0
Bush, George W. 	Republican 	0

Mahoning County (Youngstown): 63/312

Kerry, John F.  	Democratic  	24,485 
Bush, George W. 	Republican 	15,019 

Stark (Canton): 0/364

Kerry, John F.  	Democratic  	0 
Bush, George W. 	Republican 	0

Summit County (Akron): 0/498

Kerry, John F.  	Democratic  	13,852  
Bush, George W. 	Republican 	12,001

Phoenix

Mason said:
Americans are so fucking disappointing. This is just sad. The rest of the world is laughing at us.

Laughing at us for what, because our populace is voting for who they want in office? If it turns out that the majority want Bush - that's just the way it is. I've been projecting that for a while though I really don't want Bush in there for another 4.

ShadowRed

Banned
impirius said:
Toledo and Miami (OH) are playing on ESPN2!

No thanks I don't like college football. I did find a Keenan Ivory Wayans movie playing on Showtime I haven't seen before. Some action film in which he's trying to play a real tough guy, not a joke character like he does in his other films. It's still pretty funny though seeing him try and act all tough and shit. Has Jada Pinkett Smith in it as well.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
I really don't understand how Bush is doing this well.

But then to people in the UK, the amount religion and moral issues play in your elections makes no sense either. Isn't your country meant to separate church from state? Cos it really doesn't look that way.

Also the negative campaigning we saw in your election campaigns just wouldn't be allowed over here. Mud sticks, even if it isn't true. The worrying thing if Bush wins is I can imagine it only getting worse next time round, cos the negative campaigning will be proven to work.

Chipopo

Banned
N Coward Parody said:
People on this board need to learn a little something called PATIENCE.

:lol the SPINE of this forum is Insta-Gratification ©

This is just going to get more and more painful as the night wears on...

Phoenix

What is scary is taht the republicans are in a position to rout the democrats and get the presidency, the house, and the senate. That is scary folks, very very scary.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I'm looking at some of the specific counties in Florida and I'm shocked at how small they are. Just a couple thousand voters in an entire county? There are BUILDINGS on my campus that have as many people.

Mason

Phoenix said:
Laughing at us for what, because our populace is voting for who they want in office? If it turns out that the majority want Bush - that's just the way it is. I've been projecting that for a while though I really don't want Bush in there for another 4.

That so many people are stupid. Really, really stupid. Kerry is no saint, but if you can't see he's a better option than Bush, there's a problem.

Phoenix

Mason said:
That so many people are stupid. Really, really stupid. Kerry is no saint, but if you can't see he's a better option than Bush, there's a problem.

It really depends on what's important to you. If you love religious fundamentalism, Bush is your man.

"That so many people are stupid. Really, really stupid. Kerry is no saint, but if you can't see he's a better option than Bush, there's a problem."

Fuck you for calling Bush supporters stupid. I have a masters in mechanical engineering with a 4.0 GPA. I voted for Bush.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Red Mercury said:
Didn't you get the memo?

Democrats = Elitism

Republicans = Stupid

Pass that around, make sure everyone gets a copy. If you didn't know, I can't imagine the number of people who didn't? I mean, a huge generalization tossed around almost daily, and you didn't know?

Or was that a weak attempt and trying to sound like you were above such things?

I didn't get the memo. I came up with that all on my own.

Triumph

Banned
Phoenix said:
The majority of the electorate in 72 wanted Nixon re-elected, and look how that turned out! :D

And Bush is far, FAR more impeachable than Nixon. Wait and see. It would almost be more entertaining to see a Bush win and then implosion capped by trial and jail time.

Mason

GOD I can't stand watching this shit. Why does everyone consider Bush to be such a great leader when it comes to the "war on terrorism?" I think I'd much rather have someone who can look at facts, analyze situations, and change his mind accordingly rather than a dipshit who goes, "WE'RE GOIN TO WAR! STAND WITH ME CUZ I'LL GO TO WAR NO MATTER WHAT! WOO HOO!"

CrimsonSkies said:
"That so many people are stupid. Really, really stupid. Kerry is no saint, but if you can't see he's a better option than Bush, there's a problem."

Fuck you for calling Bush supporters stupid. I have a masters in mechanical engineering with a 4.0 GPA. I voted for Bush.

Lots of idiots have masters degrees.

*coughs*

cvxfreak

CrimsonSkies said:

5_1doh-shocked.gif

Phoenix

Bush up by over 2 million votes in the popular election.... the trend is scary folks... in both the electorate and the popular vote Bush is pulling away. We have many people left to go but I think ny morning the writing will be on the wall.

TheQueen'sOwn

insert blank space here
Well it's not so much who you Americans are voting for, it's your reactions right now, and the (inexplicably difficult and "muddy") voting process that you have. You would think that after a crapshoot that was the 2000 election some serious reform would have taken place...

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
The popular vote is creeping closer and closer.

Bush - 53%
Kerry - 47%
@ CNN

impirius

Nash said:
Also the negative campaigning we saw in your election campaigns just wouldn't be allowed over here. Mud sticks, even if it isn't true. The worrying thing if Bush wins is I can imagine it only getting worse next time round, cos the negative campaigning will be proven to work.
Studies have shown that negative campaign ads are more effective than positive ads. Candidates just stick with what works. I (and many others) find it obnoxious, but people are free to say what they want as long as it isn't libelous.

SC SENATE RACE IS CALLED! DeMint, a Republican, wins the seat vacated by Fritz "Hollywood" Hollings, a Democrat who introduced legislation written by the big media companies. GOOD RIDDANCE

CrimsonSkies said:

Good for you. You shame our country.

Xenon

Americans are so fucking disappointing. This is just sad. The rest of the world is laughing at us.

I have a feeling they aren't finding this funny. But then again I dont think they are thinking about what is best for the US either.

I would hope when they elect their own leaders they are not thinking "Now who do I think the rest of the world would want to lead us."

Mason

CrimsonSkies said:

Not necessarily stupid people, but obviously not very savvy when it comes to politics.

Brannon

Okay, so people want the troops to come home. Why not vote for somebody with the EXPERIENCE to handle a situation that is similar to Vietnam at the moment? Why vote for somebody who sucks even as an armchair general? Damn it all.

Vgamer

Hey if Bush wins the Popular and Electoral vote this time no one can complain its not what the people wanted. Compared to last time where he lost the popular vote and barely won the electoral this would be a landslide for bush.

actually it wouldn't be over. Kerry would just have to take Nevada and Colorado and hold the rest of Gore's states. Very possible.

Missouri is looking close too.

AniHawk

Raoul Duke said:
And Bush is far, FAR more impeachable than Nixon. Wait and see. It would almost be more entertaining to see a Bush win and then implosion capped by trial and jail time.

But then wouldn't we have "President Cheney?"

Mason said:

Laughing? More like cowering in the corner in terror.

The entire world is fucked over, not just the States

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Bush called press to the White House... so we could see all the family sitting there? Ok...

ShadowRed

Banned
DarienA said:
Bush called press to the White House... so we could see all the family sitting there? Ok...

It's a sig for the Republican sleepers to jump into action, just like when Osama releases a new tape.

Keio

For a Finer World
Ohio Judge just ruled, in OHIO, that because the wait is going to be 4, 5 or 6, hours that they can pass out PAPER BALLOTS to all the people in line so they can vote.

If some bad shit goes down for Kerry, I hope it happens while the Daily Show is on. At least I'll be able to laugh at my electoral doom, if that's the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom