• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OFFICIAL ELECTION THREAD MEANS ALL ELECTION-RELATED STUFF GOES IN HERE, DUR

Status
Not open for further replies.

AniHawk

I'm going to go and hijack a helicopter, steal a rocket launcher, and blow shit up to let some anger out.

Then I think I'll play GTA: San Andreas.

ShadowRed

Banned
Keio said:
Ohio Judge just ruled, in OHIO, that because the wait is going to be 4, 5 or 6, hours that they can pass out PAPER BALLOTS to all the people in line so they can vote.

Oh shit now anyone can just walk up and vote, even if they already voted. God this sucks. This country is a joke when it comes to voting.

Keio said:
Ohio Judge just ruled, in OHIO, that because the wait is going to be 4, 5 or 6, hours that they can pass out PAPER BALLOTS to all the people in line so they can vote.

Attention attention! Impending disaster!

Oh, do you have a link for that?

mattx5

ShadowRed said:
Oh shit now anyone can just walk up and vote, even if they already voted. God this sucks. This country is a joke when it comes to voting.

I think they closed off the line when the polls closed, so saboteurs couldn't get in.

Anthropic

Here's an Ohio Counties That Matter Update:

Code:
Cuyahoga County (Cleveland): 47/1437

Kerry, John F.  	Democratic  	54,368  
Bush, George W. 	Republican 	29,750 

Franklin (Columbus): 413/825

Kerry, John F.  	Democratic  	127,163
Bush, George W. 	Republican 	133,618 

Hamilton (Cincinatti): 20/1018

Kerry, John F.  	Democratic  	20,848  
Bush, George W. 	Republican 	25,829 

Lucas (Toledo): 0/495

Kerry, John F.  	Democratic  	0
Bush, George W. 	Republican 	0

Mahoning County (Youngstown): 63/312

Kerry, John F.  	Democratic  	24,485 
Bush, George W. 	Republican 	15,019 

Stark (Canton): 0/364

Kerry, John F.  	Democratic  	0 
Bush, George W. 	Republican 	0

Summit County (Akron): 0/498

Kerry, John F.  	Democratic  	13,852  
Bush, George W. 	Republican 	12,001

Vgamer

man that would be lame if people start running back to the polls and voting again in Ohio. Lets hope they have tight security

mattx5 said:
Have the pro-Kerry counties been counted yet?

No, and the absentee ballots in the three biggest democratic counties might not be completely counted until Thursday. This is all on CNN right now. Big argument over this...

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
CrimsonSkies said:
"That so many people are stupid. Really, really stupid. Kerry is no saint, but if you can't see he's a better option than Bush, there's a problem."

Fuck you for calling Bush supporters stupid. I have a masters in mechanical engineering with a 4.0 GPA. I voted for Bush.

Well he did say the rest of the world was laughing at you for that reason....

And that's kind of how it actually is where I'm from. All the coverage we see before the election goes like this

Interviewer: Who are you voting for
Person: George bush all the way, Gods with that man, he can do no wrong!

That's not made up either, I saw that last night, + at least 5 more quotes similar to that. The coverage made it all look Church, Church, GOD, BUSH. Really disturbing.

Being that your president seems to actually be as unintelligent as these people, hes bring up a pretty valid point (as far as the population is perceived outside US).

Edit: The anti bush folks all seem like they don't agree with the war in IRAQ, Economy etc, but the pro Bushers all seem so uh, like they have a fever.

Socreges

Banned
To put a more positive spin on things, some thoughts:

City = Democratic
Rural = Republican

Right? If there are long lineups of people that haven't voted, wouldn't those be in the most concentrated areas? ie, cities? So, isn't it possible that the Kerry could make significant gains in the final percentages?

Phoenix said:
Laughing at us for what, because our populace is voting for who they want in office?
Tricky wording there. :p

If it turns out that the majority want Bush - that's just the way it is.
Well, yeah. But those who don't think fondly of Bush will justify his victory by assuming ignorance/stupidity. Not as simply a function of democracy.

Bush is far, FAR more impeachable than Nixon. Wait and see. It would almost be more entertaining to see a Bush win and then implosion capped by trial and jail time.

If you think a Republican congress is going to impeach Bush, then you are out of your mind.

Seriously, how is Florida having difficulties AGAIN!? They've had 4 years to prepare for this bullshit, and now the absentee ballot situation is WORSE than it was before!? What is their problem!?

Neither Republicans nor Democrats accept this shit.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
This needed to have been shown on the US networks:

The Power of Nightmares

http://www.acutor.be/silt/index.php?id=572

torrent for episode 1:
http://66.90.75.92/suprnova//torrents/2842/The_Power_Of_Nightmares_pt1-avi.torrent

torrent for episode 2:
http://66.90.75.92/suprnova//torrents/2903/Power of Nightmares 2-avi.torrent

"In the past, politicians promised to create a better world. They had different ways of achieving this. But their power and authority came from the optimistic visions they offered to their people. Those dreams failed. And today, people have lost faith in ideologies. Increasingly, politicians are seen simply as managers of public life. But now, they have discovered a new role that restores their power and authority. Instead of delivering dreams, politicians now promise to protect us from nightmares."

Good news is Hoeffel is smoking Specter...that will even the Senate back up(Illi, PA vs GA, SC).

Looks like we lost one in Kentucky...with Mongiardo...not loss loss but we should have had it. This sucks.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Utah goes to Bush (shock and awe).

Things are not looking good. I had a feeling Kerry wouldn't take Florida, but I was a bit more optimistic about Ohio.

But remember that something on the order of a quarter million absentee ballots in Florida may not be counted for a couple days.

The real disappointing thing, though, is that Bush is currently leading in both Michigan and Wisconsin, and I think at last check Minnesota was showing a Bush lead too (but I think that was only like 1 or 2% reporting).

Zilch

Banned
ShadowRed said:
Grow up you big baby. "Wahh Wahh he called me a name on the internet. Mommy ban him." Log off if you can't take it.

Sal Paradise wasn't insulting me. I pointed it out cuz I thought it was an extremely weak display of character

Only 2% of the precincts in Milwaukee county in Wisconsin have been reported. It's basically Madison/Milwaukee VS Rest of State, with a few whacky counties/cities in between.

Iceman

Man, isn't that the definition of our state?

Wisconsin is Madison, Milwaukee and everything else. Madison is overwhelmingly liberal (although I'm told recently the city has been becoming more conservative) and the campus vote is a dominating factor here...

It's basically a lot like New York right? Where the big cities vote dem and the rest of the state vote republican.

BTW, you guys.. for your own piece of minds, just add 55 to your tally and take a breath.

"hes bring up a pretty valid point (as far as the population is perceived outside US)"

Am I suppose to care how people view intelligence associated with political preference? Only a simpleton would make that correlation. Apparently something some are accusing those of us who voted for Bush of.

Duck of Death said:
Only 2% of the precincts in Milwaukee county in Wisconsin have been reported. It's basically Madison/Milwaukee VS Rest of State, with a few whacky counties/cities in between.

Fox Cities could be big too. Appleton area and such. Kerry campaigned up there a couple times.

Diablos

I somehow doubt those 250,000 lost ballots in Ohio will end up being counted by Thursday. Bush will get his way once again.

I feel sick... this is looking bad. Really, really bad.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Gek54 said:
Who was he running against? Better yet, what color of skin was his opponent?

Cardell Shelton, a retiree he financed his entire campaign on his own, don't know the color his skin. As has been said no surprises yet in the vote or the trends, every state has pretty much gone as expected... but the biggies haven't checked in yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom