• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OFFICIAL ELECTION THREAD MEANS ALL ELECTION-RELATED STUFF GOES IN HERE, DUR

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like a gay marriage ban sweep so far. It has won pretty much everywhere so far.

And to that, I would like to say that this country sucks. :D

DJ_Tet

Banned
What will be interesting is to see Bush take the popular vote and Kerry take the Electoral College. Talk about flip-flopping ;)

Phoenix

Its really not looking good for Kerry, but this won't be decided tonight unless something bizarre like California turning Bush happens.

Zilch said:
We were here first. :D

The hell you were! :D
Indian.jpg

BTW "indian search" with the safe mode off = indian chicks galore

Mason

Zilch said:
We were here first. :D

People came to America for freedoms they weren't allowed anywhere else. Now Bush and the Republicans want to impose their prudish views on everyone. No abortion, Howard Stern is too racy, gays can't marry (it's fer a man an a wuman), etc etc etc. If you don't like abortion, don't get one. If you don't like Howard Stern, don't listen to his show. Don't like gay people? Don't go marry someone of the same sex. Who are you to say what others can and can't do when they're hurting nobody else. Everyone is forgetting the principles the US was founded on. This country is going to hell in a handbasket and we're all watching it unfold live on tv.

thefit

Well if anything I have at least been able to compile a list of crappy states I will never visit not like theres much to see in Arkansas anyway I'm sure they have running water now but that still ain't enough to warrant a plane ticket.

Iceman

DJ_Tet said:
What will be interesting is to see Bush take the popular vote and Kerry take the Electoral College. Talk about flip-flopping ;)

I would actually be interested in hearing the spin on that.. from both sides if that were to occur. That could be classic.

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
Mason said:
People came to America for freedoms they weren't allowed anywhere else. Now Bush and the Republicans want to impose their prudish views on everyone. No abortion, Howard Stern is too racy, gays can't marry (it's fer a man an a wuman), etc etc etc. This country is going to hell in a handbasket and we're all watching it unfold live on tv.
Because in Heaven, there is abortion, Howard Stern can play rings with a woman's ass and gays can get married.

Iceman

thefit said:
Well if anything I have at least been able to compile a list of crappy states I will never visit not like theres much to see in Arkansas anyway I'm sure they have running water now but that still ain't enough to warrant a plane ticket.

you and bin laden, making your lists.. how cute.

thefit

Iceman said:
you and bin laden, making your lists.. how cute.

I hope your not comparing me to a terrorist cuz with that rational you may be getting a WMD in your stocking this year. HO,HO, HO!! KABOOM!!!

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Lathentar said:
Because in Heaven, there is abortion, Howard Stern can play rings with a woman's ass and gays can get married.

What happened to separation of church and state dammit?!?!!?

Yahoo is reporting that Michigan, Florida and New Mexico are trending Bush, though the percentages reporting in vary all over the place from only 8% reporting in for MI and NM and 79% reporting in from Florida.

BTW Cardell Shelton is black.

Anthropic

Here's another Ohio Counties That Matter Update...

Code:
Cuyahoga County (Cleveland): 143/1437

Kerry, John F.  	Democratic  	74,316  
Bush, George W. 	Republican 	47,367 

Franklin (Columbus): 413/825

Kerry, John F.  	Democratic  	127,163
Bush, George W. 	Republican 	133,618 

Hamilton (Cincinatti): 20/1018

Kerry, John F.  	Democratic  	20,848  
Bush, George W. 	Republican 	25,829 

Lucas (Toledo): 0/495

Kerry, John F.  	Democratic  	0
Bush, George W. 	Republican 	0

Mahoning County (Youngstown): 153/312

Kerry, John F.  	Democratic  	44,291 
Bush, George W. 	Republican 	30,926 

Mongomery County (Dayton): 245/589

Kerry, John F.  	Democratic  	51,118
Bush, George W. 	Republican 	37,454 

Stark (Canton): 0/364

Kerry, John F.  	Democratic  	8,569 
Bush, George W. 	Republican 	9,080

Summit County (Akron): 0/498

Kerry, John F.  	Democratic  	13,852  
Bush, George W. 	Republican 	12,001

Jak140

I forgot to say that they didn't even check my ID when I voted today. Is that normal? I'm pretty sure the checked it last time (CA Governor recall).

Gek54

Greenpanda said:
Hey, if you check the popular vote tallies, you'll see we never elected him in the first place

Yeah, becuase the whole concept of Electoral College is beyond you.

Vgamer

Jak140 said:
I forgot to say that they didn't even check my ID when I voted today. Is that normal? I'm pretty sure the checked it last time (CA Governor recall).

they didnt check mine either where i voted. I think they only check for some people. Of least where I did my voting there was a sign that said Random ID checks so be prepared with ID.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
The rest of the world is going to need that Virtua Fighter Cyber Generation OMGWTF pic if they wake up to news of a Bush win ...

Phoenix

Jak140 said:

I don't think California will be close enough for them to have cared :)

Iceman

the popular vote for bush has gone down from 54% to 52%... those hoping for a debauched society that ostracizes anyone with religious beliefs and mocks the deaths of tens of millions of babies and loves to impose social experiments on the rest of us (while making us pay for them) should have a little more spring in their collective step.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Voting snafu in Charlotte. That's Erskine's home city (I was in his daughter's graduating class). Apparently a lot of votes haven't been counted in Charlotte yet, so any lead that Burr has could easily be erased.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Iceman said:
the popular vote for bush has gone down from 54% to 52%... those hoping for a debauched society that ostracizes anyone with religious beliefs and mocks the deaths of tens of millions of babies and loves to impose social experiments on the rest of us (while making us pay for them) should have a little more spring in their collective step.

That's satire right?

If not, then !!!!

Gek54

Iceman said:

IAWTP

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Desperado said:
so what are the Democratic locks yet to come in? California and what else? and how many votes do those have?
Well, California is 55 votes all by itself. Kerry should also take Washington, which is another 11. There's a good chance he takes Oregon, another 7 votes. so that's 73 votes right there. It's also looking pretty good so far for him in NH (a state Bush carried in 2000) which is another 4 votes. Almost everything else is swing. New Mexico with 5 votes, Ohio with 20. Pennsylvania with 21. Florida with 27. Minnesota with 10. Iowa with 7. Michigan with 17.

So God knows what will happen. But Kerry needs those swing states pretty desperately now, and frankly, I don't think he's going to get them. If Kerry wins this election, it's going to be very narrowly, and it's probably only going to be after challenges to the provisional and absentee ballots in Florida, Pennsylvania, and Ohio.

What I'm really curious about is if we will hear a victory speech tonight from either candidate.

EDIT: I guess things aren't looking good in NH anymore. Dammit. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom