• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OFFICIAL ELECTION THREAD MEANS ALL ELECTION-RELATED STUFF GOES IN HERE, DUR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mason

Iceman said:
the popular vote for bush has gone down from 54% to 52%... those hoping for a debauched society that ostracizes anyone with religious beliefs and mocks the deaths of tens of millions of babies and loves to impose social experiments on the rest of us (while making us pay for them) should have a little more spring in their collective step.

Yeah, that's exactly what liberals want. Or maybe you're being a drama queen and they just want the freedom to make their own decisions.

Joe

if its one thing i learn tonight its that ive been spelling connecticut wrong my entire life. not that ive had to write it all that much thought.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
The Daily Show is hilarious. Al Sharpton is throwing in some pretty personal jabs, but Weld is just having fun. Good stuff.

Pimpwerx

Aren't the majority of the absentee ballots usually Republican? I mean, aren't they mostly servicemen? Oh well, I think Bush is gonna take FL now. Come on Ohio. PEACE.

nathkenn

Borg Artiste
if you think it sucks for you guys over sees with bush in office, imagine how it is to actually live in this shithole, especially florida, the same idiots who are voting for bush now are the kind of people i grew up around in north florida(south georgia) intolerate, stupid biggots
it's disgusting - bush voters after he is done laying waste to environment and getting us nuked by terrorists that people like him will continue to piss off i'm going to use your bones as jewelry as i ride around in the wasteland on my dune buggy

The Humongous '08

Culex

Banned
I think it's safe to say Bush is going to win now. Thank god. All these damn Kerry smoochers can finally be quiet for 4 years now. ;)

Mason

Pimpwerx said:
Aren't the majority of the absentee ballots usually Republican? I mean, aren't they mostly servicemen? Oh well, I think Bush is gonna take FL now. Come on Ohio. PEACE.

I BELIEVE (don't quote me) a lot of the absentee ballots are going to be from troops over seas....and I get the feeling they're not exactly big fans of Bush right now.

NLB2

Banned
Iceman said:
the popular vote for bush has gone down from 54% to 52%... those hoping for a debauched society that ostracizes anyone with religious beliefs and mocks the deaths of tens of millions of babies and loves to impose social experiments on the rest of us (while making us pay for them) should have a little more spring in their collective step.

You want to talk about being ostracized? In fifth grade I attended a public school. For some reason the fact that I was an atheist came to my teacher's attention. Hearing this news she looked at me shook her head and sighed "That's a shame."
And then in my public highschool every Friday night before our football game, the coach would lead the team in a group prayer while I sat seperate from the rest of the team. That's ostracization.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Pimpwerx said:
Aren't the majority of the absentee ballots usually Republican? I mean, aren't they mostly servicemen?

According to MSNBC, yes, they're expected to be largely in Bush's favor.

in florida, anyway. they said Bush expects to make up 90,000 more votes after the absentees.

Anthropic

A lot of media is saying that Ohio is "leaning" towards Bush, but I'm not so sure looking at the breakdown...It's going to be hillariously close, but Kerry will make up a lot of ground in Cuyahoga County.

Here's the update:

Code:
Cuyahoga County (Cleveland): 143/1437

Kerry, John F.  	Democratic  	74,316  
Bush, George W. 	Republican 	47,367 

Franklin (Columbus): 413/825

Kerry, John F.  	Democratic  	127,163
Bush, George W. 	Republican 	133,618 

Hamilton (Cincinatti): 89/1018

Kerry, John F.  	Democratic  	33,268  
Bush, George W. 	Republican 	32,583 

Lucas (Toledo): 0/495

Kerry, John F.  	Democratic  	0
Bush, George W. 	Republican 	0

Mahoning County (Youngstown): 153/312

Kerry, John F.  	Democratic  	44,291 
Bush, George W. 	Republican 	30,926 

Mongomery County (Dayton): 245/589

Kerry, John F.  	Democratic  	51,118
Bush, George W. 	Republican 	37,454 

Stark (Canton): 0/364

Kerry, John F.  	Democratic  	8,569 
Bush, George W. 	Republican 	9,080

Summit County (Akron): 136/498

Kerry, John F.  	Democratic  	58,379  
Bush, George W. 	Republican 	37,665

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Problem in SW Florida... the touch screen voting system is apparently having problems, they are actually on the phone with the company that created the machines/software to see why the machines are reporting wrong. The numbers aren't matching up from what is being taken at the machines vs. what the machines are reporting to the poll folks as the number being taken.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Ok, as a Brit, I'm confused. Could someone from the US explain this.

Doesn't the US constitution separate church from state? And that the Government is of the people, by the people, for the people. So to impose one religion on all the people would be excluding those people with different beliefs, and is therefore unconstitutional.

If so, how on earth can the Republicans play the religion card so heavily, and pass laws which are based on someone's moral beliefs?

Religion and politics really shouldn't mix, it's asking for trouble.

impirius

Bill Weld and Sharpton were on to analyze the night so far, and Sharpton kept taking potshots at Weld.

:lol at Tron cycles carrying electronic votes to the server

Aaaaaaahahahahaha! "I was... exit polling... Covenant aliens!"

Mason

Nash said:
Ok, as a Brit, I'm confused.

Doesn't the US constitution separate church from state? And that the Government is of the people, by the people, for the people. So to impose one religion on all the people would be excluding those people with different beliefs, and is therefore unconstitutional.

If so, how on earth can the Republicans play the religion card so heavily, and pass laws which are based on someone's moral beliefs?

Exactly. You get it, why doesn't half of America?

cvxfreak

DarienA said:
Problem in SW Florida... the touch screen voting system is apparently having problems, they are actually on the phone with the company that created the machines/software to see why the machines are reporting wrong. The numbers aren't matching up from what is being taken at the machines vs. what the machines are reporting to the poll folks as the number being taken.

::sigh::

DJ_Tet

Banned
Mason said:
I BELIEVE (don't quote me) a lot of the absentee ballots are going to be from troops over seas....and I get the feeling they're not exactly big fans of Bush right now.

I've got the feeling that you've got the wrong feeling. It's amazing how much more optimistic you can be about the country when you are in a country like Iraq and don't watch the news all-day everyday.

NLB2

Banned
Nash said:
Ok, as a Brit, I'm confused.

Its not like the constitution has some super powerful robotic army to enforce it. Plenty of unconstitutional actions take place.

Nash said:
What law isn't based on someone's moral beliefs?

DJ_Tet

Banned
Nash said:

It's impossible to take religion totally out of our politics based on the founding documents of this country.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Nash said:

Shhhhhhh! The South might hear you.

cvxfreak

Nash said:

Half of America simply doesn't get it.

Kettch

Still a good chance for that tie.

Bush with 193+

Florida-27
Wisconsin-10
Arizona-10
Colorado-9
Nevada-5
New Mexico-5
Idaho-4
Montana-3