• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OFFICIAL ELECTION THREAD MEANS ALL ELECTION-RELATED STUFF GOES IN HERE, DUR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
julls said:
america, we laugh at you

i don't get posts like this...it's like america had no choice in the matter. GAF does not represent the country.

Bush has nearly 2 million more votes than Kerry. The majority of Americans obviously still want Bush over Kerry.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
CVXFREAK said:
Half of America simply doesn't get it.

This Black woman actually said this to me today. "I voted for Bush because he is a Christian..." What the hell is Kerry then? :lol

goodcow

Eminem said:
i don't get posts like this...it's like america had no choice in the matter. GAF does not represent the country.

Bush has nearly 2 million more votes than Kerry. The majority of Americans obviously still want Bush over Kerry.

The majority of Americans are obese, religious, uninformed assholes.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
From the way Bush talked in the presidential debate, it seemed that church+state were the same thing though. That his personal beliefs were dictating the direction he wanted to take the country in.

That's a very odd thing to see, we haven't seen anything even remotely like that in the UK. Religion is a personal thing, it's not something you should enforce on others or use as a political football.

cvxfreak

Ohio President/Vice President
Office Candidate Party Votes % Of Votes
Statewide Totals
Bush, George W. Republican 1,127,260 52.59%
Kerry, John F. Democratic 1,000,627 46.69%

Belfast

Nash said:
Ok, as a Brit, I'm confused. Could someone from the US explain this.

Doesn't the US constitution separate church from state? And that the Government is of the people, by the people, for the people. So to impose one religion on all the people would be excluding those people with different beliefs, and is therefore unconstitutional.

If so, how on earth can the Republicans play the religion card so heavily, and pass laws which are based on someone's moral beliefs?

Religion and politics really shouldn't mix, it's asking for trouble.

It basically comes down to the fact that some people give more of a shit about their religion than their politics and thus vote with a religious-minded morality. Yes, separation of church and state is SUPPOSED to be the norm, but the religious right is REALLY REALLY skirting the issue. They're kind of getting as close to the line as they can without going right over it.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Grizzlyjin said:
This Black woman actually said this to me today. "I voted for Bush because he is a Christian..." What the hell is Kerry then? :lol

Catholic

belgurdo

Banned
Jesus%20wept.jpg

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Florida where if you aren't careful you'll tan to a too dark to vote color.

LOL!

mattx5

Kettch said:
Still a good chance for that tie.

Bush with 193+

Florida-27
Wisconsin-10
Arizona-10
Colorado-9
Nevada-5
New Mexico-5
Idaho-4
Montana-3
Alaska-3

Bush-Edwards presidency.

You forgot Ohio :(

Socreges

Banned
Grizzlyjin said:
A personal Christian that doesn't employ his beliefs when operating in politics. You can't feel comfortable with that! You need someone who's crazy enough to speak to God and tell you about it!

DJ_Tet

Banned
Nash said:
From the way Bush talked in the presidential debate, it seemed that church+state were the same thing though. That his personal beliefs were dictating the direction he wanted to take the country in.

That's a very odd thing to see, we haven't seen anything even remotely like that in the UK. Religion is a personal thing, it's not something you should enforce on others or use as a political football.

The problem with the system is not religion. It's two political parties. It's one thing I'd like to see us take from the UK. I'd be all for more choice. As it is, conservatives represent more of my values, but CERTAINLY don't represent all of them. There are some important values I hold, like stem cell research/abortion, that go against what my "party" believes.

DarienA

Ed Helms at the rocked Bush Party! LOL I should have turn to the Daily Show much sooner.

ShadowRed

Banned
DarienA said:
Problem in SW Florida... the touch screen voting system is apparently having problems, they are actually on the phone with the company that created the machines/software to see why the machines are reporting wrong. The numbers aren't matching up from what is being taken at the machines vs. what the machines are reporting to the poll folks as the number being taken.

You gotta be shitting me. There have been problems in Texas with the voting machines and I have read on other boards that in many other states their machines have been fucking up. Do these machines get beta tested or do they just drop them off at the polls and cross their fingers. This shit is so fucking frustrating. A fucking video game gets more error testing than the fcking polling machines.

DarienA

Every state that had it on the card voted for the gay marriage ban? WOW.

CNN and Yahoo both reporting that Kerry took PA.

Mason

Jon Stewart looks so sad behind all the funny. Seriously, he seems kind of pissed/depressed. I'd better get back to NBC.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
goodcow said:
The majority of Americans are obese, religious, uninformed assholes.
I wouldn't say the majority of America is "obese". Obese is pretty fucking fat. Maybe at least slightly overweight.

Too much of america is comprised of mindless religious zealots, though.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Nash said:
Ok, as a Brit, I'm confused. Could someone from the US explain this.

Doesn't the US constitution separate church from state? And that the Government is of the people, by the people, for the people. So to impose one religion on all the people would be excluding those people with different beliefs, and is therefore unconstitutional.

If so, how on earth can the Republicans play the religion card so heavily, and pass laws which are based on someone's moral beliefs?

Religion and politics really shouldn't mix, it's asking for trouble.
That is ridiculous.

How can any legislator, in any nation, avoid having thier religious/moral beliefs affect the thier votes?

How about the belief that "thal shall not kill"? What if some dude says that according to his religion of Nintendoism says that every November 15th, I am allowed to sacrafice one child-xbot to my God? Your votes to outlaw homicide are imposing your religious beliefs on me!! :mad:

THat bad. You are a bad man. A baaad, intollerant, zeallot! Let me worship Mario the Magnificant in peace.

Chipopo

Banned
demon said:
I wouldn't say the majority of America is "obese". Obese is pretty fucking fat. Maybe at least slightly overweight.

Too much of america is comprised of mindless religious zealots, though.

Actually I'm pretty sure "obese" is only 20 pounds overweight.

It packs the punch of a "you fat fuck" in American vernacular though.

thefit

Well blame the fat in there brains for that! No seriusly WTF is up with all the fatties? I see a food place at every corner its sad, this is one epidemic Africa could do with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom