• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OFFICIAL ELECTION THREAD MEANS ALL ELECTION-RELATED STUFF GOES IN HERE, DUR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthropic

Update on the Ohio situation...Check out Cuyahoga County there...

Code:
Cuyahoga County (Cleveland): 471/1437

Kerry, John F.  	Democratic  	147,696  
Bush, George W. 	Republican 	97,979 

Franklin (Columbus): 561/825

Kerry, John F.  	Democratic  	174,336
Bush, George W. 	Republican 	170,063 

Hamilton (Cincinatti): 89/1018

Kerry, John F.  	Democratic  	33,268  
Bush, George W. 	Republican 	32,583 

Lucas (Toledo): 105/495

Kerry, John F.  	Democratic  	18,693
Bush, George W. 	Republican 	8,367

Mahoning County (Youngstown): 153/312

Kerry, John F.  	Democratic  	44,291 
Bush, George W. 	Republican 	30,926 

Mongomery County (Dayton): 322/589

Kerry, John F.  	Democratic  	65,577
Bush, George W. 	Republican 	55,332 

Stark (Canton): 48/364

Kerry, John F.  	Democratic  	20,486 
Bush, George W. 	Republican 	19,542

Summit County (Akron): 136/498

Kerry, John F.  	Democratic  	58,379  
Bush, George W. 	Republican 	37,665

Santo

Michigan, Ohio and Florida all leaning Bush according to YAHOO.com.

That coupled with the 17% figure of 18-29 year old voter and I feel extremely sick to my stomach.

PA for Kerry according to CBS. They also gave Specter PA Senate but Hoeffel is up by 8,000 on CNN with 65% in.

Think they jumped the gun with Specter...hopefully.

Mason

Gahiggidy said:
That is ridiculous.

How can any legislator, in any nation, avoid having thier religious/moral beliefs affect the thier votes?

How about the belief that "thal shall not kill"? What if some dude says that according to his religion of Nintendoism says that every November 15th, I am allowed to sacrafice one child-xbot to my God? Your votes to outlaw homicide are imposing your religious beliefs on me!! :mad:

THat bad. You are a bad man. A baaad, intollerant, zeallot! Let me worship Mario the Magnificant in peace.

Something like, say, gay marriage, isn't hurting anyone else. It doesn't involve murder. If you aren't imposing on anybody else's rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, it shouldn't be up to anyone else to decide what you can do to make yourself happy.

ShadowRed

Banned
Gek54 said:
Frustrated that Texas machines are not working? :lol Like it would ever matter?

Agreed but the flaw was a suspicous one at that. If you voted straight ticket Democrat at the end it would have you voting for Bush. A lot of people didn't realize this others did and brought it to the attention of people. They never reported on the news what would happen if you voted straight Republican. If the machine cast the vote for Kerry then I can see it as a simple mistake and a value got switched somewhere, but if it counted the straight Republican vote correctly then I would think that something fishie was going on. The media never ran with the story like they should have or asked the deeper questions to get to the bottom of the situation.

Chony

All my friends are very political, so I knew we would all vote (we are all 18 - 23), but I guess the majority of kids our age just dont care. Sad really, everyone should get out to vote, should be mandatory like in aussie.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Yeah, I can't believe voter turnout among youths was exactly the same as 2000 after all the shit Democrats were talking about kids coming out to vote.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Time for the west coast to color in the map. The total electoral votes are suddenly about to become very even.

Kerry wins Cali and Washington.

Bush wins Idaho.

Oregon and Hawaii too soon to call.

Kettch

OK, here's what matters. Kerry needs Florida, Ohio, OR Colorado for a chance to win. Otherwise the best he can do is tie, even if he takes every other 2000 Bush state he has a chance in.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
CNN IS REPORTING THAT KERRY TOOK CA! WHOO! 197-188... Bush look in your rear view mirror baby!

Diablos

This is it guys, you better be hoping and/or praying for an Ohio or Florida victory.

You cannot get too excited over Cali because dems ALWAYS win it. Kerry has to take his own states and THEN SOME if he wants to surpass Bush. So far, that isn't happening. Cali is kind of transparent in a way.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Kerry is back ahead in Michigan and Minnesota according to MSNBC.

It is now 207 - 199 in favor of Bush according to MSNBC.

CNN is showing 197 - 188 for Bush.

TheQueen'sOwn

insert blank space here
mattx5 said:
CNN has Kerry at 188!

Damnit, Canadian TV cut off the Daily Show for local news, I don't have Comedy Central :(

SAME!
I'd rather watch John than Lloyd "I look like a dead body" Robertson. :(

Source: CBS

11:03pm 11/02/04 ELECTORAL VOTES SO FAR: BUSH 209, KERRY 199 -- CBS NEWS

11:01pm 11/02/04 BUSH WINS IDAHO, 4 ELECTORAL VOTES -- CBS NEWS

11:02pm 11/02/04 KERRY WINS CALIFORNIA, 55 ELECTORAL VOTES -- CBS NEWS

11:01pm 11/02/04 BUSH WINS COLORADO, 9 ELECTORAL VOTES -- CBS NEWS

11:01pm 11/02/04 KERRY WINS WASHINGTON, 11 ELECTORAL VOTES - CBS NEWS

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Gahiggidy said:
That is ridiculous.

How can any legislator, in any nation, avoid having thier religious/moral beliefs affect the thier votes?

Well how about decisions regarding abortion, stem-cell research etc. are left to experts in those fields to draw up guidelines. And when laws need to be passed on morally contentious issues, the parliament is given a free-vote where there is no party line on the issue.

And because there is no party-line on these issues, they aren't used as political footballs in election campaigns. And people vote on all the issues rather than a single one like abortion.

Call it crazy, but it seems to work in the UK. And our political system and country doesn't seem as ridiculously divided as America seems. Mixing politics and religion just leads to more polarised views.

Socreges

Banned
OMG KERRY WON CALIFORNIA!!!

WHAT ABOUT NEW YORK??? COULD HE POSSIBLY TAKE NEW YORK, TOO????

And Illinois?? WHAT IS THE STATUS ON ILLINOIS????

;)

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
People are STILL voting in Ohio... some people have been standing in line for as much as NINE HOURS... WOW.

so have their been any upsets yet, or are both guys getting all the staes they were supposed to so far? Im assuming the battleground states are still all up for grabs?

Iceman

Socreges said:
OMG KERRY WON CALIFORNIA!!!

WHAT ABOUT NEW YORK??? COULD HE POSSIBLY TAKE NEW YORK, TOO????

And Illinois?? WHAT IS THE STATUS ON ILLINOIS????

;)

roofles.

btw, this is a momentous occasion in the history of the OT. MORE people are viewing OT threads than gaming forum threads right now. WOOT.

Mason

Some of the states were voting tonight on propositions to divide their electoral votes. I know it got defeated in Colorado, but what about the other states?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom