• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OFFICIAL ELECTION THREAD MEANS ALL ELECTION-RELATED STUFF GOES IN HERE, DUR

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Yahoo reporting that Michigan, and NH are trending Kerry. Kerry took Illinois.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
WTF...Fox News has yet to give Cali to Kerry.

The ACLU has filed a lawsuit in S. Florida asking to push back the deadline for domestic absentee ballots to Nov. 12, the deadline for overseas suits because they were late in arriving to voters in the first place.

explodet

Iceman said:
btw, this is a momentous occasion in the history of the OT. MORE people are viewing OT threads than gaming forum threads right now. WOOT.
Well, everyone knows when Halo 2 is being released, or already own a copy of GTA: San Andreas. The gaming news can keep.

I've got CBC and CNN on two televisions, and I'm getting dizzy.

chimpychi

DarienA said:
People are STILL voting in Ohio... some people have been standing in line for as much as NINE HOURS... WOW.
jebus..I want Bush gone so bad but there's no way I would have waited for 9 hours...wow...applause for those people..

Chesapeake Silt said:
Wow... some people in Ohio have been in line for nine hours. People are still in line. This is fucked up. (NBC is reporting this.)

What's going on there? 9 hours? WTF? Do they not have enough polling places?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Kerry now has a 4 point lead in Iowa.

Things are slowly starting to look a little bit better for Kerry. Looks like we've going to have a razor thin victory one way or the other after all.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Kerry's up 9% in Michigan with 28% of precincts reporting.

Wisconsin is pretty much the exact opposite...

explodet said:
Well, everyone knows when Halo 2 is being released, or already own a copy of GTA: San Andreas. The gaming news can keep.

I've got CBC and CNN on two televisions, and I'm getting dizzy.

Well that, and the voting numbers are coming in a bit faster than the new EGM review scores. That will make this election look like a simple flamewar. :)

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The Court of Appeals has held up the paper ballot idea for those voters who still have yet to vote, so that is what they are going to do.

Of course, now you have the problem of actually counting those paper ballots.

impirius

Ninja Scooter said:
:lol Alan Keyes giving his concession speech on MSNBC. He should have done this months ago.
The FCC should regulate that guy... the frequency of his voice probably causes all sorts of electronic devices to go crazy

Matt

I just did some quick calculations, and if the % of votes going to each contender in Cuyahoga hold up, Kerry should take Ohio. This is mostly guesswork on my part, though.

Willco

Hollywood Square
CIVIL WAR Y2K4 IS IMMINENT.

I VOTE TO IMMEDIATELY SECEDE FROM THE SOUTH AND RENAME OUR NEW, BETTER COUNTRY THE REAL UNITED STATES of AMERICA. LET THE SOUTH KEEP IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN, AND WE'LL TAKE HAWAII AND PUERTO RICO. ALASKA CAN BECOME PART OF RUSSIA.

WHO WILL RISE UP AND BE OUR LEADER?

mattx5

I'm going to bed.

By the way, Montreal is a nice city. Come visit sometime. Also, you won't mind the Canadian winters so much once you get used to them....

Mason

It's pretty sad that I've wanted to move to another country since I was old enough to understand how the US government works.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
So... there's going to be mysteriously massive amounts of absentee ballots that somehow swing these states into Kerry's favor... right?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
CBS is now reporting 219 - 199.

Florida is coming dangerously close to being a lost cause. I think there is a decent chance that they MIGHT be able to call it for Bush tonight. But Kerry desperately needs to turn Ohio around. If he doesn't win it, he has very little chance of winning. Using CBS' current electoral tally, if Kerry loses both Ohio and Florida, then he CANNOT lose another state. Losing any other state that remains (except for Alaska) would award Bush the Presidency.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Willco said:

I VOTE TO IMMEDIATELY SECEDE FROM THE SOUTH AND RENAME OUR NEW, BETTER COUNTRY THE REAL UNITED STATES of AMERICA. LET THE SOUTH KEEP IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN, AND WE'LL TAKE HAWAII AND PUERTO RICO. ALASKA CAN BECOME PART OF RUSSIA.

That would be Triumph

*points*

Mason

Ninja Scooter said:
why do people keep voting for Nader? Idiots!

People don't vote for Nader because they think he's going to win. They're voting for the person they believe should be in office, as they have a right to do.

SD-Ness

Matt said:
I just did some quick calculations, and if the % of votes going to each contender in Cuyahoga hold up, Kerry should take Ohio. This is mostly guesswork on my part, though.
But is it enough!?

xexex

Banned
bush_smiling_sm.jpg

I feeeeeel gooooood

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
IF i just added the numbers up right if this holds to how yahoo currently shows the trending then Bush is gonna take it.

Chony

Willco said:

AND TEXAS BACK TO MEXICO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom