• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OFFICIAL ELECTION THREAD MEANS ALL ELECTION-RELATED STUFF GOES IN HERE, DUR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth C

Mason said:
Exactly. You get it, why doesn't half of America?

Excuse me? Obviously they DO get it, and they vote for the person they want in office. Yes, there is seperation of church and state, and that SHOULD limit laws being created that infract on someone's religious beliefs, however, that does NOT stop people from voting in someone they feel has similar religious beliefs, and there is NOTHING wrong with that. Of course you vote for someone you feel is "like me." It only makes sense to do that.

Mason

I just can't believe this is happening. There is no way Bush should be getting this many votes. It just doesn't make sense.

impirius

Willco said:
CIVIL WAR Y2K4 IS IMMINENT.

I VOTE TO IMMEDIATELY SECEDE FROM THE SOUTH AND RENAME OUR NEW, BETTER COUNTRY THE REAL UNITED STATES of AMERICA. LET THE SOUTH KEEP IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN, AND WE'LL TAKE HAWAII AND PUERTO RICO. ALASKA CAN BECOME PART OF RUSSIA.

WHO WILL RISE UP AND BE OUR LEADER?
Hey dude, if the South doesn't get to secede, the Northeast doesn't either!

Besides, I can't lose my Redskins.

robochimp

Dan said:
Kerry's up 9% in Michigan with 28% of precincts reporting.

Wisconsin is pretty much the exact opposite...

The Wisconsin numbers do not include any Milwaukee votes. Kerry is going to take the state

SD-Ness

vert.kerry.tuesday.ap.jpg

"Goodbye, America."

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
If Bush takes OH and FL, it's game over for Kerry. Yahoo says Ohio is Bush, but some folks here have said Kerry's got an edge there.. what's the story?

The Wisconsin numbers do not include any Milwaukee votes. Kerry is going to take the state
Milwaukee's looking a little too 50/50 for my liking thus far... DAMN THIS BLUSTERY CITY.

Still, glad I cast my ballot here and not Cali...

*Noel Coward Parody

Willco

Hollywood Square
impirius said:
Hey dude, if the South doesn't get to secede, the Northeast doesn't either!

Besides, I can't lose my Redskins.

Redskins stay in the NORTH, dude. D.C. and Maryland are part of The REAL United States of America.

How will the major sports leagues survive civil war?

nathkenn

Borg Artiste
Mason said:
I just can't believe this is happening. There is no way Bush should be getting this many votes. It just doesn't make sense.

say thanks to jeb bush, katherine harris and diebold

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
DarienA said:
If Bush takes OH and FL, it's game over for Kerry. Yahoo says Ohio is Bush, but some folks here have said Kerry's got an edge there.. what's the story?
Bush has the lead in Ohio, but it is still definitely too early and too close to be able to call it. I think only something like 50-60% of the precincts are reporting so far.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
robochimp said:
Ah, excellent. I can't figure this crap out since it's all done by county and I don't know where the major cities are in all of these states that I've never even been to.

Kerry is starting to build momentum in Wisconsin. There are still half of the districts in Dane county (Madison) and more than 90% of the districts in Milwaukee to be counted, plus there is strong democratic support in Rock county (the one I voted in), which has two larger cities.

Kon Tiki

Banned
Bizarro Sun Yat-sen said:
Actually there are still two plausible scenarios for a Kerry victory. One is winning Ohio, the other is winning Wisconsin + New Hampshire + Nevada.
I can see NH and Nevada, not Wisconsin.

Vgamer

Bizarro Sun Yat-sen said:
Actually there are still two plausible scenarios for a Kerry victory. One is winning Ohio, the other is winning Wisconsin + New Hampshire + Nevada.

Wait I dont think there is anyway for Kerry to win if Bush wins Ohio and Florida right? The numbers dont add up that if Kerry wins Neveda Wisconsin and NH he wins.

Willco

Hollywood Square
bush.jpg

"... HELLO?"

kerryaa.jpg

"HEY GEORGE, I'M CALLING TO CONCEDE AS CANDIDATE FOR THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, AND ANNOUNCE MY BID FOR THE PRESIDENCY OF THE REAL UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!"

NYHETER-23s14-bush-13.jpg

"YAY! I WIN, YOU WINDSURFING LIBERAL PUSSY!"

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Vgamer said:
Wait is there anyway for Kerry to win if Bush wins Ohio and Florida? The numbers dont add up that if Kerry wins Neveda Wisconsin and NH he wins.
I'm pretty certain he needs to literally win every other state left if he loses both.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Yahoo now reporting WI is 50-49 for Kerry.... Incredibly(to me) it looks like FL is gonna go Bush...

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Randam_Hajile said:
Does anyone think that Kerry can still win Florida?
No, I do not.

I would be very close to making the decision to call the state, if I were the networks. I'm sure they're apprehensive because of what happened last time around.

I would like to add that Fox News still HAS YET TO GIVE CALIFORNIA TO KERRY.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Im not going to say how I know this, but the exit polls have been giving Kerry this election since about 9:00 EST. How correct those are going to be this year since we know they were wrong in 2000, who knows.. but Florida and Ohio were both projected Kerry and have been for a while.

MIMIC

Banned
Urban Ohio has hardly reported:

Cuyahoga County (Cleveland) Precincts Reporting: 9.96%

Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Precincts Reporting: 11.25%

Lucas County (Toledo) Precincts Reporting: 6.06%

Gore won Wisconsin in 2000 by like 6000 votes.

In other words, if ONE person who didn't vote from EACH district had voted for Bush, then he would have won Wisconsin.

Basically, one vote CAN make a difference.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
ABC is reporting a Florida win for Bush.

How the fuck can Kerry be doing worse than Gore did back in 2000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom