• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OFFICIAL ELECTION THREAD MEANS ALL ELECTION-RELATED STUFF GOES IN HERE, DUR

Status
Not open for further replies.

impirius

Socreges said:
:lol Someone please tell me what "hanging chads" are. I've laughed too many times at the jokes without knowing what they mean.
chadhang1.gif

DJ_Tet

Banned
NBC just reported that the senate race between Bowles and Burr is still too close to call.

Bowles conceded about a half hour ago.

I wonder if there's been a concession speech that was given when that candidate actually won? Did Dewey's opponent concede? I only know about Dewey because of Cheers btw ;)

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Randam_Hajile said:
I think it's safe to say that this race is still undecided.

sorry, but no. Kerry is an underdog. There's no way around that. It's all pointing Bush right now.

Mason

I wonder if there really will be full-on rioting in the streets. Is that what they mean by battleground states?

:D

Mashing

I'm a Bush supporter and I'm against gay marriages...

It's not surprising... I seem to disagree with views most people have here on the GAF

Xenon

It's not that I didn't see it hours ago, it's just that I now saw individual voting stats for each state and they were overwhelmingly against gay marriage. Pretty sad.

Yeah it is pretty sad. Gay people need to get a new spokesperson, Rosie O’Donnell just isn’t cutting it. If only they could get someone from NASCAR.

SKluck

Banned
Bush win. Ohio and Colorado are leaning bush. He gets them he wins. Ohio is close though, 100k diff or so.

Edit, diff increased to 150k. Bush has Ohio.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like Team Bush has started its victory rally.

Arrogant assholes. I know it's almost certain they are going to win, but goddamn.

Anthropic

Here's an update on urban Ohio counties...It's looking very close...

Code:
Cuyahoga County (Cleveland): 962/1437

Kerry, John F.  	Democratic  	282,406  
Bush, George W. 	Republican 	163,732 

Franklin (Columbus): 748/825

Kerry, John F.  	Democratic  	244,527
Bush, George W. 	Republican 	215,259

Hamilton (Cincinatti): 320/1018

Kerry, John F.  	Democratic  	73,430  
Bush, George W. 	Republican 	76,388

Lucas (Toledo): 330/495

Kerry, John F.  	Democratic  	62,437
Bush, George W. 	Republican 	36,878

Mahoning County (Youngstown): 294/312

Kerry, John F.  	Democratic  	77,284 
Bush, George W. 	Republican 	46,475 

Montgomery County (Dayton): 541/589

Kerry, John F.  	Democratic  	111,390
Bush, George W. 	Republican 	108,299 

Stark (Canton): 214/364

Kerry, John F.  	Democratic  	57,775 
Bush, George W. 	Republican 	54,268

Summit County (Akron): 430/498

Kerry, John F.  	Democratic  	139,251 
Bush, George W. 	Republican 	106,901

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
What the projected time for the counting to be done? I'd like to find out who wins but not if it means only getting four hours of sleep. Hurry the fuck up Ohio.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Well in the UK we have *no one* to vote for instead of Blair. The opposition party is still a joke, and the third party stands no chance of getting in. So unless the Labour party itself gets rid of Blair, we are stuck with him.

If Bush loses it would atleast give Blair a wake-up call, and make him question some of the decisions he has made. I can't believe we're gonna get more of the same shit we've had the last few years. And if anything Bush/Blair could be encouraged to go even further.

Very depressing stuff :(

Bowser

hmm...237-206 Yahoo.com with Ohio being 51%-48% Bush...I'm thinking the winner of Ohio is going to win the election.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Kerry is within 100K of Bush in Ohio. I still dont think he has it :(

God damnit this country deserves whatever happens to it in the next 4 years.

beto

Simian. Sexual. Servitude.
Mason said:
I wonder if there really will be full-on rioting in the streets. Is that what they mean by battleground states?

If there's any rioting it will be in Ohio. Why the hell were people still waiting to vote 5 hours after the polls should have closed.

Mason

NBC gave Colorado to Bush. But they still didn't give Florida to him. This is getting crazy with every network reporting different results.

Suranga3

You liberals down there need to move to Canada, it doesn't look like there will ever be a democratic president (or moderate) ever again. If an idiot redneck can be your president, you know there's something wrong with your country.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Mashing said:
I'm a Bush supporter and I'm against gay marriages...

It's not surprising... I seem to disagree with views most people have here on the GAF

GAF is the most anti-Bush place ever. Don't feel bad. At all. GAF's anti-Bush on every goddamn thing made me sick. And I'm not a fan of Bush.

Hell, I voted for Kerry and I'm against gay marriages.

impirius

MSNBC calls Colorado for Bush but still won't call Florida. ...oh wait, there it is!

Does anyone expect Ohio to be resolved before tomorrow morning?

Suranga3 said:
You liberals down there need to move to Canada, it doesn't look like there will ever be a democratic president (or moderate) ever again. If an idiot redneck can be your president, you know there's something wrong with your country.
I think most of us are seriously considering.

Kon Tiki

Banned
NBC gave Colorado to Bush. But they still didn't give Florida to him. This is getting crazy with every network reporting different results.

Heh, CBC (tv) and cbc.ca are giving different numbers.

SKluck

Banned
Why was Cali awarded to Kerry so early? It was guaranteed he would get it, it is always dem, but they called it when only 500k votes were in, and now there is only a 130k diff (2 million votes) and it has been Kerry. Ohio has a 150k diff and is still up in the air.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Eminem said:
GAF is the most anti-Bush place ever. Don't feel bad. At all. GAF's anti-Bush on every goddamn thing made me sick. And I'm not a fan of Bush.

I voted for Bush *puts on riot gear*

Socreges

Banned
Eminem said:

Why aren't you a fan of Bush? Why did you vote for Kerry? Maybe consider that some people take those concerns a little more seriously than you do, in addition to some things that you may not know or see the significance of.

Mason

Randam_Hajile said:
I think most of us are seriously considering.

Like I said a couple pages back, I've been considering moving to Canada since I was about 14. This country is looking more and more hopeless everyday. It's turned into an ethnocentric, redneck, overweight, uneducated pigpen. If it were easier, I would leave tomorrow.

impirius

P DIDDY ON MSNBC!

Matthews: "Do you have any numbers to suggest that you've really blossomed here, or is it the same old same old?" :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom