• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OFFICIAL ELECTION THREAD MEANS ALL ELECTION-RELATED STUFF GOES IN HERE, DUR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
So we can once again conclude that it will come down to the state that won't be done counting before December. Time for some z's.

xsarien

daedsiluap
impirius said:
MSNBC calls Colorado for Bush but still won't call Florida. ...oh wait, there it is!

Does anyone expect Ohio to be resolved before tomorrow morning?

I don't expect Ohio to be resolved until Christmas. And I'm going to bed, as much as I'd love to stay up, I do have work tomorrow.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
kerryedwards2.040302.jpg

WOO HOO - WE WON!!! ...

new%20cheney.gif

WAKE UP FUCKAS IT'S OVER - AMERICA YOUR SOUL IS MINE...

vert.kerry.edwards.jpg

NO...NO!!! THIS CANNOT BE...

NYHETER-23s14-bush-13.jpg

012004teresa.jpg

FUCKING MOTHER FUCKING SHIT ASS BUSH WIFE FUCK CRAP SHIT!!!...

teresa-heinz-kerry-_359875h.jpg

earth.jpeg
d06tvstewart.jpg
laden.fbi.jpg
ga_corner.gif

"...say it ain't so..."

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
SKluck said:
Why was Cali awarded to Kerry so early? It was guaranteed he would get it, it is always dem, but they called it when only 500k votes were in, and now there is only a 130k diff (2 million votes) and it has been Kerry. Ohio has a 150k diff and is still up in the air.
Exit polls.

TheDuce22

Banned
Some if you guys need to get back in touch with reality. Bush winning is not the end of the world. After 4 years of him our country is still standing, im sure it can handle another 4. Those rooting for a civil war must lead pretty sad lives.

Mason said:
Like I said a couple pages back, I've been considering moving to Canada since I was about 14. This country is looking more and more hopeless everyday. It's turned into an ethnocentric, redneck, overweight, uneducated pigpen. If it were easier, I would leave tomorrow.
I agree. I'm 26 and I've been considering canada for a few years now.

goodcow said:
NBC says Kerry needs Michigan, Montana, Wisconsin, Iowa, New Mexico, Hawaii, and Ohio to win.

eh?

it seems hed just need nevada
michigan, iowa, new hampshire, wisconsin, minnosota and ohio...and hed win.

and all of these seem to be leaning towards him except ohio

if he loses ohio..then he is gonna be hurting big time.

its all up to ohio to decide our fate...

Phoenix

With Bush still having roughly a 3 million vote lead... I think its unfortunately clear where things are heading.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Socreges said:
Why aren't you a fan of Bush? Why did you vote for Kerry? Maybe consider that some people take those concerns a little more seriously than you do, in addition to some things that you may not know or see the significance of.

I'm just not a fan of how he's handled the economy in his 4 years. I honestly don't see a huge difference in either candidate. I voted for Kerry because I think a change couldn't hurt.
However, I'm not gonna care as much as all the hardcore Kerry/anti-Bish people here. Both candidates were subpar. The OMG I'M MOVING thing is simply beyond ridiculous to me. Fucking absurd, in my opinon.

TheDuce22 said:
Some if you guys need to get back in touch with reality. Bush winning is not the end of the world. After 4 years of him our country is still standing, im sure it can handle another 4. Those rooting for a civil war must lead pretty sad lives.

agreed 100%

Vgamer

Phoenix said:
With Bush still having roughly a 3 million vote lead... I think its unfortunately clear where things are heading.

Ya its looking more and more that Bush not only will win the Electoral Vote but the Popular Vote to.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
TheDuce22 said:

Take a look at the deficit, social security, healthcare, the war in iraq, job growth, what was that again? I don't want to imagine what it will be like in 4 years.

Phoenix said:

dude thats just popular vote (and how he is winning this one i dont know).

its all about them electorial man

There's actually a closer margin b/t Dems and Reps in Hamilton County then I though (Cincinnati.) I thought Bush would majorly score that.

269 tie possible. If Bush takes Ohio and Kerry takes everything else that is free out there(besides colorado)....We have a tie.

House and senate will be controlled by republicans though. But if Kerry gets most votes overall.....we can protest like mad.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I'm more scared about Bush appointees to the Supreme Court than anything else. Those guys will be around way past Bush's presidency...

Phoenix

Strangely enough, as I do the computation this is still very much a tossup. Republicans have a definite lock on the house though.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, here are Kerry's only chances.

1) Win Ohio: Kerry will likely win the election as he is winning most of the other states left as of right now.

2) Lose Ohio, Win every other state: Kerry wins the election 272-266

3) Lose Ohio and Alaska, win every other state: 269-269...election goes to the House (where Kerry will likely lose, but at least he gets a respite)

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
after all the shit bush took here for losing the popular vote last year...i'd love to see the response here if kerry won the electoral vote and lost the popular.

the number of hypocrites here would be innumerable. you all know it too.

Vgamer

Fixed2BeBroken said:
dude thats just popular vote (and how he is winning this one i dont know).

its all about them electorial man

May not count to who wins but its BIG for Bush if he wins the popular vote. Especially sinceso many people hammered him last time for losing the popular vote. If he does end up winning the electoral vote the popular vote shows that the majority of people in this country wanted him for another term.

xexex

Banned

1) Win Ohio: Kerry will likely win the election as he is winning most of the other states left as of right now.

3) Lose Ohio and Alaska, win every other state: 269-269...election goes to the House (where Kerry will likely lose, but at least he gets a respite)

well if this is true, it seems to me Kerry is more likely to win than Bush. but i could be totally wrong.

TheDuce22 said:

If Bush wins, and things continue on this path, I will love to see the republicans explain it away when they will have had a total control over the government. If things get better, then hell, I'm down with that. But things have not gotten better. Anywhere.

To avoid making dirty looks at everyone I meet now I have to assume that people just did not want to change presidents while in a War. It's stupid, but people are allowed to have their own views. Also, I think it's sad, but the fact that Bush is currently leading in the popular vote says alot to me.

Maybe I am wrong and the last 4 years have not been absolutely horrible for the world and the USA in general. I hope I missed the info that changes my mind. But, this president has brought us closer to the end then any president before him, and I fear with another 4 years we will go over that edge. I know this saying gets tossed around alot, but again, no other president has brought us to our knees so damn quickly, and with such little regard.

As for the Canda thing. It's a great idea. But there is a large part of me that will not say, "Well fuck it, it isn't going to get any better so screw it. " Because then of course things won't change. Bush winning will be horrible I think, but as of right now, the majority of people seem to dissagree with me. Either I'm wrong, or America has got its blinders on. I want to be here when the blinders come off if I am right. Plus, no offense to the Canadians on here, but my one (short) trip to Canada was a monumental waste of time. :p

Well.. back to the music, and the watching...

Iceman

wake up guys.. months ago Kerry had no shot to win this.. right now he is still at the doorstep. I think it's down right depressing that he has made it this close.

BTW, it looks like New Mexico will be called before Ohio.. heck the vote in New Mexico in 2008 will probably be called before Ohio.

MetatronM said:

That sounds so good. Still, I'm staying optimistic. I want Kerry to WIN!!!

Kon Tiki

Banned
MetatronM said:

Kerry leading in everthing but Ohio, NM and Alaska. :|

Ill Saint

Putting up with John Howards huge win over here in Australia was hard enough. This is just downright scary. Four more years of madness.

GG-Duo

I’m upset and I leave the doors wide open
Our hearts are used up, cracked and dry
Pulled the scabs off of regrets
We haven’t learned to eat our conscience yet
Truly sorry, I see clearly
Hardy hoping, I spend it all on game machines
Calmly crashing, I pace and I figure out again
One hand clapping, awake but napping

well, at least we can expect some great, depressing, and fucked up music in the next year or so.................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom