• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OFFICIAL ELECTION THREAD MEANS ALL ELECTION-RELATED STUFF GOES IN HERE, DUR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman

Okay, the word is long lines at cincinnati after closing (and the rest of the southwest of Ohio which is heavily Republican) and that is seriously delaying the numbers.

pestul

Red is an evil color..

Well, that about wraps it up for the world (not just the US). Oh, I can safely call the majority of Americans fucktards now and not feel guilty about the Dems holding the majority vote (from a Canadian perspective). Seriously, all the gay mariage bans make me sick.

I think it's time for either Titor, or the meteorite to sort things out a little.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Kerry wont win Alaska.
New Mexico is going to go for Bush it seems.

Its all down to Ohio (assuming he wins EVERYTHING else)... this is the perverbial snowballs chance in hell.

Bush wins!

cover.jpg

Anthropic

Hamilton County is probably going to give it to Bush in Ohio....Unless there are tons of absentee votes haning around or something.

its all those old (45 and up) white people. (not tryna come off as racist, its just my observation)

theres alot of them, you just never see them, they stay at home all day.

but come voting time they come out the wood works and vote for thier bush...and they oblivious to everything else. they just know that they like bush.

while all the young folk arent oblivious to everything and know bush is a bastard and he needs to go, but they dont vote....

<sigh>

AeroGod

I SOOOOOOOOOOO wish Kerry would win. Just so i could see him NOT FIX America, possibly make it worse, then laugh my ass off about it. If BUsh does it, ohh well, it was suppose to happen anyways. But if our lord and savior Kerry would have fucked up...would have been 100 times more satisfying and hilarious. Ahh well.

SOme people though, geez...

Any word on the legalization of Marijuana in Alaska. That has me a bit interested actually. I mean, its only Alaska but still...probably too early to tell there but im looking out for it.

xexex said:
well if this is true, it seems to me Kerry is more likely to win than Bush. but i could be totally wrong.

Not when you consider the fact that Kerry woul dhave to win EVERY state left, and one of those states is Alaska, which is a no brainer to go to Bush.

Fox News just gave Ohio to Bush.

Dilbert

If that beady-eyed sock puppet Bush and the motherfucker who runs him Karl Rove get another four years, I'm going to have a complete fucking meltdown. Tomorrow might be the day for the dynamite vest.

Watching the vast sea of red, I kept thinking to myself, "My country doesn't belong to those fucking morons." But then it occurred to me that it's not my country anymore.

Matlock

Banned
-jinx- said:
If that beady-eyed sock puppet Bush and the motherfucker who runs him Karl Rove get another four years, I'm going to have a complete fucking meltdown. Tomorrow might be the day for the dynamite vest.

Watching the vast sea of red, I kept thinking to myself, "My country doesn't belong to those fucking morons." But then it occurred to me that it's not my country anymore.

Breathe in, breathe out.

Razoric

Banned
republicans now control everything and there will be some supreme court seats open soon

say hello to war, taxes, high priced gas, censorship and idiot christians spreading this goddamn bs

fuck this im going to bed

well
look like its over if ohio was just given to bush

so thats what 266?

all he needs is 4 more and it seems like he is gonna get new mexico which is 5.

if he didnt get new mexico then maybe kerry could win

cause bush is probably gonna win alaska and thats only 3....

but i doubt he isnt getting new mexico.

peace

btrboyev said:
This is making me ill....why are amercians so fucking stupid??
This is a question i've been asking myself for a loooong time. Tonight is a huge low down after seeing how Kerry was going up the last few days. tsk.....

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Iceman said:
so.. if kerry has some kind of miraculous win here you all will still have lost faith in America right?
Yes. It disappoints me to no end that nobody demands ANY kind of accountability from this administration. The fact that gay marriage bans sweeped in all states it was on the ballot (and in many cases by landslide margins) frankly makes me embarassed to live in the same country as those who voted for it. And I know there are some of you in this thread. Personally, I think the message that that sends out to the world is nothing short of embarassing for the USA.

To be honest, I think that gay marriage ban sweep angers me more than Bush likely winning the election. I had really been expecting Bush to win for practially four years now since I'm something of a pessimist/cynic/realist (pick your preferred label), so, though I'm disappointed, I'm in no way surprised.

There is still a big question about the provisional ballots in Ohio though, which won't be counted in the official tally tonight, as far as I know. But it's looking to me like Kerry will need an absolute miracle now.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
hmm.. I do have the option to move to take a job in Isreal.. but I have Red hair, Im pretty sure I have target written all over me :(

pestul

I don't really care what Americans think about 'the war on tourists'.. it's the gay mariage bans that remind me that you guys are headed drastically in reverse. In all honesty, I would say that it was the gay marriage issue that cost Kerry the election.. argh.

FightyF

Banned
After 4 years of him our country is still standing, im sure it can handle another 4.

Consider that in 4 years it went from one of the most respected nations on the Earth to one of the least respected.

Hey, I guess this was all foretold by the Bible anyways...a Roman King will be like the oppressive dominant ruler of the Earth and all that jazz.

Could Kerry pull a major upset and prove Biblical accounts incorrect? :p

Dead

well not really...yet
-jinx- said:
well said

Razoric said:
republicans now control everything and there will be some supreme court seats open soon

say hello to war, taxes, high priced gas, censorship and idiot christians spreading this goddamn bs

fuck this im going to bed

Shit, I'm with you.

Fuck you Ohio. Fuck you verymuch. I should have gone on a pre-emptive bitch slapping spree on the whole lot while I was visiting last month.

Diablos

I thought we weren't going to know about Ohio until Thursday when they got all of the ballots?

I cannot believe this is happening...

Santo

Eminem said:
I honestly don't see a huge difference in either candidate. I voted for Kerry because I think a change couldn't hurt.
However, I'm not gonna care as much as all the hardcore Kerry/anti-Bish people here. Both candidates were subpar.

This is EXACTLY why Bush is going to win reelection. You're obviously ignorant and haven't read into either side’s stances on the issues whatsoever. The difference between these two candidates is as clear as night and day.

As far as saying you aren't really going to care either way, consider this: the Bush administration has broken five international treaties in the past four years. What this country considers its strongest allies all give Bush an approval rating less than 10% (save for England, which isn't even high). The debt continues to balloon and Bush hasn't said one word about how he's going to get us out of it and you're going to be (along with the rest of us) paying it off for the rest of your life.

I could go on all day but it's worthless now. I just don't understand how people can say they don't see a difference in the candidates or that it doesn't really matter who wins. According to a Bush senior adviser speaking to the Wall Street Journal, "We're an empire now, we make our own reality." I suppose nobody cares that all empires in all of history have always fallen. But if you don't mind these neoconservatives in office leading us on the path to destruction, more power to ya brotha.

Let's see.....Gay marriage ban passes in Michigan (and everywhere else), Ohio and their accursed football program could potentially screw us over and I'm down to my last tallboy.

Yep, time for a shot of cold gin. And bed. Eventually...

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Razoric said:
fuck me...
fox news just gave bush ohio

4 more years of shit

kthxbye
So it took them HOURS to decide that Kerry won California, but they'll jump to give Ohio to Bush while people are still voting and Cuyahoga county still isn't fully counted yet?

Chipopo

Banned
AeroGod said:
Any word on the legalization of Marijuana in Alaska. That has me a bit interested actually.

How old are you?

I ask because the first part of your post suggests how AWESOME it would be for someone to fuck up the country so people can get "owned".

But marijuana? Now you give a shit.

Fuck you! :)

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
What the hell were you doing voting on gay marriage proposals on the same night as a presidential election anyway?

Call me cynical, but that looks like a good way of motivating the more right-wing voter to come out and vote against it. And those voters would then also vote for Bush at the same time.

Which states had the gay marriage vote, any of the key states like Florida?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom