• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Fable! (released tomorrow)

I did the real estate thing in Knothole (or whatever the towns name) Works well espcially when you own all the houses. Odd thing is I'm all the way good, all I've been doing is killing villagers and yet I haven;t lost a single good point. Alos who do I have to kill to buy the tavern. I killed the bartender and the game guy the tavenr was empty and yet no option to buy it.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Im pretty sure it is that guy, sometimes it takes a while to come up, i had the same problem. That tavern (knothole glade) isnt cheap though, think it costs 62k, and always gets bought by the next day if you dont get it as soon as it comes on the market.

Prine

Banned
i achieved 16x multiplyer when i done the side quest to save the kid in the hobbe cave. /i found to be extremly challenging, i boasted to people i could do te quest with only my underwear on, after i saved the first guard i died twice, so i put my armour back on and proceeded with the quest. I failed the boast though.

The fairy below kicked my ass to, i had to redo the quest 3 times. Very hard

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Miburou said:
Here's a question:

What's the item you need to give to Lady Grey, and where can I find it?

The Shop in bowerstone north has what you're looking for

Rodriguez

MightyHedgehog said:
Level 5 (or is it 6) Guile and then you can start lock-picking or perhaps just say screw it and break the door down.

Ah, okay. I think I'm at level 4 or 5. I gotta rob that store in Oakvale. I got hit with a 150 gold fine for not leaving the store after closing time. That cowardly shopkeeper didn't even tell me to leave. He just stood near the counter quivering in fear.

Redbeard

Banned
I'm particularly interested in:

"In a Northern land so far from home,
You may wish to go and freely roam."

Sounds as if there may be a whole area left to uncover, the Northern Wastes you can read about in one of the books.

Prine

Banned
If there really is a mystery land, its on the disk right now yeah? 1.5 upgrade would simply unlock it? Or add content to it?

Edit: Bard songs is such a cool touch. I love it

atomsk

Party Pooper
so i finally lay down the cash to get a house, find a wife etc...

and as i'm trying to woo the missus into bed, i accidentily used force push. whoops! i seriously didnt mean too. anyhow, thats assualt, and i dont have enough cash to pay the fine. so i hightailed my ass outta there...

too many bad memories, i think i'll sell that house now.

FriScho

are there only 2 endings?

I did some very nasty but also some very good things and the bard said, I'm sitting on the fence between good and evil. The end looked perfect happy to me. Is there no ending for "normal" guys? Only for evil and good guys?

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
FriScho said:
are there only 2 endings?

I did some very nasty but also some very good things and the bard said, I'm sitting on the fence between good and evil. The end looked perfect happy to me. Is there no ending for "normal" guys? Only for evil and good guys?

I havent got the guide but according to some people on other fable forums it says there are 4 endings...dont read below if you havent finished it once yet

1. Good throw away sword
2. Evil Kill Sister
3. Good Kill Sister
4. Evil Throw Away sword

I've only seen 2 though so i cant confirm that.

Edit: just finished a different way and saw a third ending, nothing to get really excited about but im pretty sure there are 4 conclusions to the main story.

Rodriguez said:
How do you break into peoples' homes at night?

The easiest way is during the day beat up the open door and for a few in game days they won't have a door. You get evil points but hey if your already fully good it doesn't mater cause apprently no matter what you do once your 100% one way you can't go back.

I'm 100% good I killed everyone in Knothole glade one at a time, then as a slaughter 2x in a row an I'm still 100% good.

Prine said:
If there really is a mystery land, its on the disk right now yeah? 1.5 upgrade would simply unlock it? Or add content to it?

Edit: Bard songs is such a cool touch. I love it

According to IGN boards and Game FAQ boards hacking the game will unlock a place with unfinished buildings and 4 dragons. BTW the Fable IGN boards are scary and sad at the same time...far worse then the CoH boards.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Great Wasabi Man said:
The easiest way is during the day beat up the open door and for a few in game days they won't have a door. You get evil points but hey if your already fully good it doesn't mater cause apprently no matter what you do once your 100% one way you can't go back.

I'm 100% good I killed everyone in Knothole glade one at a time, then as a slaughter 2x in a row an I'm still 100% good.

I wonder you just go off the scale one way or the other, i was the opposite, so far bad that i donated 50k to the good god, got 999 good points and was still totally evil, but after another donation i started going back up the scale.

myzhi

Banned
I just found out the easiest and quickest way to get the Skorm Bow. Right at the beginning of the game, leave guild and go all the way to Oakhill. Hire the guy and sacrifice him at 6 AM. Next, go to Bowerstone, hire the guy, and sacrifice him too at 6 AM. Your reward will be the bow.

holy ass how do you get that damn sword out of the stone I maxed out everything in the strength pool except health (which was 6) and still nothing.

And where is the "Good" or "Bright? Armor I only found half of the Plate and Chain Mail armor so my guy ran around shirt less the entire good guy game. Funny thing I put on the "Bright" plate pants and boots then slaughtered Knothole twice to buy all the houses and the tavern. I came back and even people without hearts above thier heads wanted to marry me. I think only 2 people aside form the guards in the town wanted to marry me. lol.

Oh those 2 people either screamed or called me dark one.

myzhi

Banned
Great Wasabi Man said:
holy ass how do you get that damn sword out of the stone I maxed out everything in the strength pool except health (which was 6) and still nothing.

And where is the "Good" or "Bright? Armor I only found half of the Plate and Chain Mail armor so my guy ran around shirt less the entire good guy game. Funny thing I put on the "Bright" plate pants and boots then slaughtered Knothole twice to buy all the houses and the tavern. I came back and even people without hearts above thier heads wanted to marry me. I think only 2 people aside form the guards in the town wanted to marry me. lol.

Oh those 2 people either screamed or called me dark one.

From what I have heard, since you probably tried 1st pulling the sword when your physique skills was high, you will need to max all the stats.

Bright Plate complete suits only consist of chest, hands, legs, boots. You can get all of the in the arena. There's also a vendor walking around that sells only the chest and hands starting from Darkwood area and beyond.

myzhi said:
From what I have heard, since you probably tried 1st pulling the sword when your physique skills was high, you will need to max all the stats.

Bright Plate complete suits only consist of chest, hands, legs, boots. You can get all of the in the arena. There's also a vendor walking around that sells only the chest and hands starting from Darkwood area and beyond.

OK thinks I'll look for the vendor my and try for the sword much earlier next time through.

jedimike

Big Blue Box has pulled it off... last night I played a few more hours and had a "moment" in gaming like no other. In the arena, I killed
whisper
and felt guilty all fucking day. I didn't hesitate doing it, thinking about that pile of money, but afterwards I just stood there looking down at the death I just created.... I felt like I just sold my soul. I think I need to find that church...

I just got out of the Arena as well...I let Whisper live, and I let Twin Blade live at his camp too. I'm trying to be as good as I can. The worst thing I've done so far is...I found a church, and meant to just tease the people inside, by shooting an arrow over their heads...I got a little too close, and hit the one in the head. They both fled the church. I felt kind of bad for that.

Prine

Banned
The Arena part was brilliantly done. The music reminded me of LOTR, the battle march with the war horns.

Superb

BTW: What are the perks of marrying Grey? Apart for the dowry that is.

I have 4 wives atm, spread over Knothill, Oakvale and Bowerstone

Prine

Banned
Interestingly enough, someone at IGN opened up the Fable source file and found some information about Dragon animation, new areas and new textures. Unlocked with 1.5 update?

I'm not sure the techniqual legality of this, but this is something that my little brother found out and pointed out to me and I wanted to share with the rest of you.

Well, without getting too detailed he was exploring the contents of the files used within Fable and he found out something odd. I will talk about the dragon.

There's a file called meshdata.h (opens up in notepad) that lists all the mesh data related with animations within Fable. Here's a particular place of interest which is within the game.

ANIM_CREATURE_DRAGON_TEST = 610,
ANIM_CREATURE_DRAGON_APPEARING_01 = 611,
ANIM_CREATURE_DRAGON_FLY_BREAKOFF_01 = 612,
ANIM_CREATURE_DRAGON_FLY_BREAKOFF_02 = 613,
ANIM_CREATURE_DRAGON_FLY_BREAKOFF_03 = 614,
ANIM_CREATURE_DRAGON_FLY_INTO_HOVER_01 = 615,
ANIM_CREATURE_DRAGON_FLY_LOOP_01 = 616,
ANIM_CREATURE_DRAGON_HOVER_INTO_FLY_01 = 617,
ANIM_CREATURE_DRAGON_HOVER_INTO_FLOOR_01 = 618,
ANIM_CREATURE_DRAGON_HOVER_LOOP_01 = 619,
ANIM_CREATURE_DRAGON_FLY_GET_HIT_01 = 620,
ANIM_CREATURE_DRAGON_FLY_GET_HIT_SEVERE_01 = 621,
ANIM_CREATURE_DRAGON_FLY_RETREAT_01 = 622,
ANIM_CREATURE_DRAGON_HOVER_GET_HIT_01 = 623,
ANIM_CREATURE_DRAGON_HOVER_ROAR_01 = 624,
ANIM_CREATURE_DRAGON_STRAFE_LEFT_01 = 625,
ANIM_CREATURE_DRAGON_STRAFE_RIGHT_01 = 626,
ANIM_CREATURE_DRAGON_PLUMMET_TO_DEATH_01 = 627,
ANIM_CREATURE_DRAGON_BREATHE_FIRE_SIDE_INTO_01 = 628,
ANIM_CREATURE_DRAGON_BREATHE_FIRE_SIDE_LOOP_01 = 629,
ANIM_CREATURE_DRAGON_BREATHE_FIRE_SIDE_OUTOF_01 = 630,
ANIM_CREATURE_DRAGON_BREATHE_FIRE_STRAIGHT_INTO_01 = 631,
ANIM_CREATURE_DRAGON_BREATHE_FIRE_STRAIGHT_LOOP_01 = 632,
ANIM_CREATURE_DRAGON_BREATHE_FIRE_STRAIGHT_OUTOF_01 = 633,
ANIM_CREATURE_DRAGON_FLY_FIRE_PULSE_01 = 634,
ANIM_CREATURE_DRAGON_HOVER_FIRE_PULSE_01 = 635,
ANIM_CREATURE_DRAGON_HOVER_FIRE_LONG_INTO_01 = 636,
ANIM_CREATURE_DRAGON_HOVER_FIRE_LONG_LOOP_01 = 637,
ANIM_CREATURE_DRAGON_HOVER_FIRE_LONG_OUTOF_01 = 638,
ANIM_CREATURE_DRAGON_HOVER_FIRE_PULSE_HEAD = 639,

The dragon has already been modeled, textured, and there are scripts made for it, but apparently it's not apart of the game (or, I've seen nothing for it). Its section sits belows the information for one of the the undead monsters and above the Balverine information.

There's another file called eg1.h, which has a list of all the areas of that are within Fable. Okay, I want you to look at this list of areas.

MINIMAP_DEMONDOORGRANNYSHOUSE = 5147,
MINIMAP_DEMONDOORGUILD = 5148,
MINIMAP_DEMONDOORGREATWOODBANDITTOLL = 5149,
MINIMAP_DEMONDOORGREATWOODCAVES = 5150,
MINIMAP_DEMONDOORHAUNTEDHOUSE = 5151,
MINIMAP_DEMONDOORKHG = 5152,
MINIMAP_DESERTEDFARM = 5153,
MINIMAP_DRAGONCLIFF = 5154,
MINIMAP_EXECUTIONTREE = 5155,
MINIMAP_FISHERMAN = 5156,
MINIMAP_FRESCOCAVES = 5157,
MINIMAP_FRESCODOME = 5158,
MINIMAP_GIBBETWOODS = 5159,
MINIMAP_GRANNYSHOUSE = 5160,
MINIMAP_GRAVEYARD = 5161,
MINIMAP_GRAVEYARDCIRCLE = 5162,
MINIMAP_GRAVEYARDPATH = 5163,

Yeap, note the place called Dragoncliff. It sets on the left hand portion of the map. If you look at your mini map in fable and look all the way to the left you'll notice an island in the water by itself. Guess what, that area is the DragonCliff. You can edited your starting location (xuserst.h file) and you can start there. The area has already been modeled and everything. It's a broken down castle with the roof torn off, but there's lit torches everywhere. The ground at this area appears scorched as well. Hmmm, perhaps the dragon was suppose to go here? Besides what I described the area is barren.

Well, we're trying to figure out if there's a way to bring the dragon back into Fable (perhaps by replacing the Balverine information with the dragon information) but we'll see.

I would take pictures of the new area with my digital camera, but it would just look like crap.

There are also entries for a gargoyle male, gargoyle female, and gargoyle demon, but there's under the physics section, so I guess they're just statues that I had missed. Also, there's full entries for a monster called Kraken and has detailed information about tentacles. Hmmmm.

dragonf1.jpg

Check out the dragon pic in the back

dragoncliff.jpg

^^ Dragon Cliff

I need help, and I don't have time to read though all this, so I'll put my question in spoiler tags below. I'd appreciate the help.

Where do I find the necklace that Lady Grey is looking for?

Coop

IIRC!

Talk to all the green dots in Bowerstone North. The last guy will tell you the necklace is in Oakvale. Go to Oakvale. Go to the cementary and listen to teh guys. Go the west beach and dig between the two boats.

i think that's it

eso76

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but i was told there's a user.ini or users.ini file on the dvd which, if modified, allow you to change a lot of settings, such as
RESOLUTION....default is 640x480 but you can go up if it's ok with your display (800x600 seems to work) color depth, zbuffer level, draw distance, draw distance for shadow maps iirc, anisotropic level (default is 4), texture compression (default on) max texture resolution (default is 2048 !)...and many more, including the duration of days etc.
There's also something like SetLevelmap=albion.wld or something like that which i assume can be changed.
I had a look and it's all true, though i haven't tried changing anything but resolution.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
ToyMachine228 said:
I'm digging between the two boats, but I'm not finding anything...Hmmm...

You have to listen to the conversation in the memorial garden (or whatever its called, the place in oakvale) before you'll find it. And you have to sneak up on them otherwise they'll stop talking about it.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
as you come into oakvale from Barrow Fields its in the left hand section of the town, look for the green dot on the map that is the swordsman for hire, theres a path next to him, its up there (whatever its called).

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
did you talk to all the green dots in oakvale and bowerstone? Think you need to before they show up (and talk to lady grey again too). I Remember i missed one first time because it was night time and theres one inside bowerstone north shop thats obviously locked up at night.

BTW: What are the perks of marrying Grey? Apart for the dowry that is.

You can only get the Katana Hiryu by getting into her bedroom in the manor, which you can only do by marrying her. I think you need 15 of those damn silver keys to get it though.

Also, that stuff about the dragon is amazing. Thanks for the pics and stuff! So somebody thinks this is planned to be unlocked via a LIVE update? That'd be so awesome.

I forgot to ask this before, but does anyone know how to kill somebody that's in South Bowerstone? Obviously you can't use weapons or will, so how can I do it? I need that Bartender to follow me out of town so I can kill her and claim the bar for myself, but she laughs at me and says she needs to wash her hair. I spent days hitting on her and giving her stuff but because I was already so evil she wouldn't give me the time of day. So I gave her a beating like no other. I wailed on her in the bar for like, 10 minutes hoping to kill her. Didn't happen. Any ideas? She doesn't hit back, so I can't hire a swordsman to kill her either....

Anyway, I want the bar so I can finally get into that damn cellar door behind it. Can't use lockpick for some reason.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Buying the bar wont unlock that cellar door, you have to wait for the statue in lookout point to point at bowerstone, then it'll be unlocked (think its at midnight, but you have to check the statue before trying) the only way to kill people in bowerstone is to get them outside, trying putting on some "bright clothes" maybe get a hair cut and a few more attractive tattoos if you still want the bar.

Prine

Banned
Ghost said:
Buying the bar wont unlock that cellar door, you have to wait for the statue in lookout point to point at bowerstone, then it'll be unlocked (think its at midnight, but you have to check the statue before trying) the only way to kill people in bowerstone is to get them outside, trying putting on some "bright clothes" maybe get a hair cut and a few more attractive tattoos if you still want the bar.

oh god that brilliant. I noticed that the statue was slowly moving (pointed out by my hired goon)

Thanks!

You can only get the Katana Hiryu by getting into her bedroom in the manor, which you can only do by marrying her. I think you need 15 of those damn silver keys to get it though.

Nice, im going to collect every key when i go through it on the Dark side. Cheers

jedimike

Beat the game last night... accidentally. I was kind of pissed because the Guild Master told me if I continued all other quests would be gone. I accidentally said OK. So I missed a lot of stuff.

Still a great ride and I'll start a new game tonight. My time was just over 16 hours, but like I said I missed a lot.

Top Bottom