• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Fifa 11 [Xbox 360] Old Timers League

AndresON777

shooting blanks
yeah I'm pretty much straight with quite a few of them.

these come to mind:

Cameroon, Czech, Denmark, Sweden, USA, South Africa.

Why is Belgium 4 stars? Do they have any players? They got the best beer no doubt. I freaking love corsendonk.

jcO5Q2.PNG

Congrats koji on the win!

for the new page =)

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I was thinking czech republic. Can't remember any of the their players except for rossicky and czec. I remember when they had nedved, milan baros and a tall motherfucker.

I don't know if they're still good. I just want a fast team.

Magicked

AndresON777 said:
I was thinking czech republic. Can't remember any of the their players except for rossicky and czec. I remember when they had nedved, milan baros and a tall motherfucker.

I don't know if they're still good. I just want a fast team.

One of the reasons I was thinking Cameroon. Eto'o is a fast motherfucker.

Tf53

You guys are getting ahead of yourselves. While a superstar helps, with teams of this caliber it doesn't really make that big of a difference. One great player is relatively easy to contain. In the end, it's about how you play, and not as who.

Slizz

I'm curious to see what teams are left for me at the 9th pick. If US is available I think I might just do it.

Light it up Awesome Animals you're up next to pick!

AndresON777

shooting blanks
there's 11 4 star teams so you should get some talent. I'd like to get some one with speed and skill moves around 88 or so.

damn nothing like having Mess(ias)

I feel bad for all of you discussing Cameroon. It has been known that they are who I was picking since before the WC talk was being discussed. I've kept quiet, and while I was leaning towards Bufana! Bufana!, I'm going with Les Lions Indomptable.

Cameroon_2010crest.png

Led by their captain, the Amazing
photo_1257820237906-1-0_0.jpg

Samuel Eto'o!

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Damn you AA. Cameroon is lights out, at least they were in WC. Well, I think Magicked said he was going to test the teams at home first.

I'm off work ima go do the same. Well after a a couple matches of table tennnis.

Kinect Table Tennis > FIFA

AndresON777 said:
Damn you AA. Cameroon is lights out, at least they were in WC. Well, I think Magicked said he was going to test the teams at home first.

I'm off work ima go do the same. Well after a a couple matches of table tennnis.

Kinect Table Tennis > FIFA

Don't under estimate South Africa, they really aren't bad.

ATF487

Tf53 said:
You're going down.

Oo, Nordic battle!

I'm picking Australia or Scotland for heritage reasons. I played with some other teams:

Mexico: Really fucking fast. If you want to play off the counter, pick Mexico
Switzerland: Has a really huge holding striker who's actually quite effective. Good for those who like to smash the ball up and wait for an attack
Denmark: Nicklas Bendtner is the greatest footballer in the world.
Ireland: Dark horse candidate, and the game still thinks that Robbie Keane isn't terrible. I've always liked Shay Given too

Slizz

I took a spin with Belgium to see who was on the team and why they were rated pretty evenly throughout all stat categories. I went down 1-0 early so it wasn't a real good game to see how the play because i was constantly pressing, but I ended up winning with 2 headers in the 83rd and 87th. Dunno if I'll take them but there on the list...

ATF487 said:
Oo, Nordic battle!

I'm picking Australia or Scotland for heritage reasons. I played with some other teams:

Mexico: Really fucking fast. If you want to play off the counter, pick Mexico
Switzerland: Has a really huge holding striker who's actually quite effective. Good for those who like to smash the ball up and wait for an attack
Denmark: Nicklas Bendtner is the greatest footballer in the world.
Ireland: Dark horse candidate, and the game still thinks that Robbie Keane isn't terrible. I've always liked Shay Given too

:lol

He sure went downhill fast.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
really liking czechs and Denmark. baros is nasty and so is bendtner. I practically carried a dude on my shoulder into the box while scoring with nik

---wow mexico is fast. gio and chicharito up front is sick. too bad their defense is shit

---ecuador has the fastest forward. benitez off bench is 92 in speed, wow. team is too short. wtf is Paraguay not in this game?

Magicked

Alright, I choose the tallest team in the world! Belgium!

150px-Belgium_urbsfa.png

It was a tough choice between them and the good ole USA, but I want to go raw strength this time around.

k0ji-wd

in my experiences with using belgium in WC10 and FIFA11 they suck major ass. . .Hazard is pretty good though but their strikers are shit (Mpenza? :lol)

AndresON777

shooting blanks
fuck you Magicked I wanted Belgium so bad, even had a Jean Claude Van Damme pic ready for it, fuck you.

Any Way I am taking:

Czech_Republic_flag.png

yall's boy

tomas-rosicky-2.jpg

k0ji-wd

I've already started practising with China and Korea, since those will be the two teams i'm left with

HAN PENG U IN YO FACE

sneaky77

I'll go with Mexico, I used them a few times in the WC game and they were decent enough.

I'm surprised by the lack of patriotism in all of you!

corona.jpg

i dont play online VS much how do the rosters work? If I set my squad/formation and subs/reserves locally will it load online or will it be set to the default roster?

I'm only concerned because some of the shit teams that will be left for me have potential starters and good subs stowed away in their reserves, just want to know if I will be able to use them. It will probably determine which team I pick way down at #15.

sneaky77

TheVisualizer said:
i dont play online VS much how do the rosters work? If I set my squad/formation and subs/reserves locally will it load online or will it be set to the default roster?

I'm only concerned because some of the shit teams that will be left for me have potential starters and good subs stowed away in their reserves, just want to know if I will be able to use them. It will probably determine which team I pick way down at #15.

You usually have to setup everything before the match. I am not sure if it loads anything to be honest. You can use the reserves I believe by moving them to the squad before the match starts, like when you're picking teams and such before getting to the game proper

k0ji-wd

ATF487 said:
Picking Australia. Finally figured out my formation: 4-1-4-1

fuck, i was hoping you'd pick scotland and there'd be an outside chance nobody picks australia, that's a good formation with kennedy up front, ur gonna rip it up with headers :lol

argghhhhh, china here we go

ATF487

k0ji-wd said:
fuck, i was hoping you'd pick scotland and there'd be an outside chance nobody picks australia, that's a good formation with kennedy up front, ur gonna rip it up with headers :lol

argghhhhh, china here we go

Yeah, it was hard trying to find a formation where Kennedy could be effective, but in that one he drifts up top and can provide balls to the wingers who will do what you described.

Gonna play as China for lols now, I'm surprised they're in the game

Magicked

Awesome Animals said:
I like how no one is going to pick the U.S.A. out of fear of giving into the cliche

My main reason was that Oneywu is slow as FUCK. I was still really close to picking them because I could play with Charlie Davies back in the squad. :D

Tf53

It worked! Slizz, who you rolling with? Unless it's Finland (in which case I'll fly over, hunt you down and make you watch Sarah Palin debate with Martha Stewart over gay marriage for hours and hours), I'm picking them. I'm heading out, so I don't want to chug down the process.

Slizz

I was thinking USA but made a decision before even seeing who Strike was gonna pick.

norway-flag.gif

Norway!

JohnCarew2005_210208.jpg

I love to hear the announcers say his name when hes close to scoring a goal.

Your turn Jeff.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
no love for the swiss?

the only team to defeat españa? I tried them out I thought they were solid. koji's getting china who's next...

god dammit gaf needs an android app.... even if its a dollar

Top Bottom