• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Fifa 11 [Xbox 360] Old Timers League

AndresON777

shooting blanks
thx man I appreciate it it just looks too different to me I'm just weird. jeff sent me the link the other day. its great for replying though for sure. I just like laying on my couch watching tv and I'm stupid and havnt gotten a notebook.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I dunno, Secondapps is arguably better than regular neoGAF even for desktop browsing (for example, it highlights posts that quote you), for mobile browsing it's not even close though.

sneaky77

AndresON777 said:
thx man I appreciate it it just looks too different to me I'm just weird. jeff sent me the link the other day. its great for replying though for sure. I just like laying on my couch watching tv and I'm stupid and havnt gotten a notebook.

quoting for future references...

Slizz said:
I was thinking USA but made a decision before even seeing who Strike was gonna pick.

norway-flag.gif

Norway!

JohnCarew2005_210208.jpg

I love to hear the announcers say his name when hes close to scoring a goal.

Your turn Jeff.

John Carew blows. I hate how good FIFA 11 values him. I want him off Aston Villa

AndresON777

shooting blanks
thx I was wondering who that was. I'm pumped for the tourney but wish we had auto controls. I just worked this kid 4-0 with the czech and he had Brazil

Slizz

Awesome Animals said:
John Carew blows. I hate how good FIFA 11 values him. I want him off Aston Villa
FIFA does that for a handful of players every year, Keane is another prime example.

Slizz said:
FIFA does that for a handful of players every year, Keane is another prime example.

And they crippled Gabby Agbonlahor and he isn't even set up for the right position! They have him as RM and he is a ST. This game does a shit job for some of the less high profile teams, and Aston Villa, while not a huge club, is certainly large enough to deserve the attention.

Slizz

Awesome Animals said:
And they crippled Gabby Agbonlahor and he isn't even set up for the right position! They have him as RM and he is a ST. This game does a shit job for some of the less high profile teams, and Aston Villa, while not a huge club, is certainly large enough to deserve the attention.
I murdered people with Agbonlahor in WC2010. Him and Rooney up top, Ashely Young and Wright Phillips on the wings. It was hard for even Brazil to keep up with that speedy lineup, then you just sub in Lennon and Walcott in the 2nd to completely demoralize an opponent/

Slizz said:
I murdered people with Agbonlahor in WC2010. Him and Rooney up top, Ashely Young and Wright Phillips on the wings. It was hard for even Brazil to keep up with that speedy lineup, then you just sub in Lennon and Walcott in the 2nd to completely demoralize an opponent/

Yea, I always feel like the England squad really would play that style of ball better than anything, even in real competition.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Gonna be fun. I never play 2P anymore and I suck even worse on the semi/pass assistance off settings since I'm so used to playing in Clubs but the WC setup is always entertaining.

ShogunX

I'll take the mighty Denmark. Had a little look at Switzerland but they have a severe lack of pace and their reserves and bench are poor.

Pretty bad really that EA left out a bunch of international teams like Ghana, Nigeria and Ivory Coast among others that could of been used for this tournament but I guess they need to give people a reason to still pick up their World Cup game.

Whats the deal with the League and it's sign up process?

ATF487

AstroLad said:
sometimes i feel very bad for fellow league members when i see them playing the cpu or randoms :/

:lol

I just do that to try out new things, as the CPU won't pick Real Madrid and quit on me

sneaky77

Shogun PaiN said:
I'll take the mighty Denmark. Had a little look at Switzerland but they have a severe lack of pace and their reserves and bench are poor.

Pretty bad really that EA left out a bunch of international teams like Ghana, Nigeria and Ivory Coast among others that could of been used for this tournament but I guess they need to give people a reason to still pick up their World Cup game.

Whats the deal with the League and it's sign up process?

We finished the league, and this WC is the next stuff we are doing. After the WC if people still interested we will come up with another league or tourney.

sneaky77

jeffpm said:
How is the draw going to work? Is it completely random?

The top 4 from the league will be the one in each group, after that it will be random.

I will try to get it done today since everyone got their picks in in good time. So we can get this started.

Can someone do me a favor and check online leagues and see if there is a way to set the match settings. If so we will probably use that to play the matches. And keep the standings like before.

Slizz

sneaky77 said:
The top 4 from the league will be the one in each group, after that it will be random.

I will try to get it done today since everyone got their picks in in good time. So we can get this started.

Can someone do me a favor and check online leagues and see if there is a way to set the match settings. If so we will probably use that to play the matches. And keep the standings like before.
HA, HA. I have my own group excellennnnnt

Cardigan

sneaky77 said:

I created a league but I didn't see any options to force the match settings. Someone else might want to try and confirm my findings.

Top Bottom