• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Fifa 11 [Xbox 360] Old Timers League

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Do my last two games affect anything? Because if not I'd rather (cheaply) just forfeit them. Hate to do that but we've still got like 500 boxes in here from our move and just tons of stuff to do. Though if needed I will make the time.

Cardigan

ATF487 said:
I wanna be in the playoffs :(

Does Koln have another game to play? 'cause I think I have 5 points (win, draw, draw) in my past 3 games and I'd edge him, but I would have one more game played
I actually have two games left. One against Astro and the other against awesome animals.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
jeffpm said:
I actually have two games left. One against Astro and the other against awesome animals.
ah hm do you want to try for friday? i was going to do tonight but now we have friends and family coming over

Tf53

Yeah, actually if jeffpm loses to Trab or ties the game, he's out of the playoffs. Any other remaining games are caused by a glitch in the schedule.

FC København can reach 19 points by the new system, so they're also out. If jeffpm doesn't win, I play striKeVillain! in the semis.
Code:
Standings					GP	W	D	L	Points (max)
1	Dinamo Moscow				12	8	3	1	27	
2	Hoffenheim				12	7	5	0	26	
3	AEK Athens				12	7	2	3	23	
4	Boca Juniors				12	6	3	3	21	
5	FC Köln					11	5	3	3	18	(21)
6	FC København				11	3	7	1	16	(19)
7	PAOK					10	3	3	4	12	(18)
8	Botafogo				10	3	3	4	12	(18)
9	America					12	3	3	6	12	
10	River Plate				12	2	4	6	10	
11	Trabzonspor				9	2	1	6	7	(16)
12	SC Braga				11	1	0	10	3	
DNF	FC Twente				7	1	3	3	6

sneaky77

Let's try to have Playoffs completed by next weekend, you guys think is doable?

I know Astro, Andres, Koji and myself have kinect.. anyone else interested in doing a small table tennis tourney? :lol

sneaky77

Menelaus said:
Sneaky wants me to join your old timer's league...tell me what to do and when to do it :lol

lol.. awesome.. we just finishing up our league, next tourney is gonna be a WC style thing, and after that who knows.. :lol Welcome to the party

AndresON777

shooting blanks
cool the more the merrier.

I was on this morning in table tennis. must've been the coffee and booze. there's a nice little inside kinect video with tips on top spin and shit

ATF487

Tf53 said:
Yeah, actually if jeffpm loses to Trab or ties the game, he's out of the playoffs. Any other remaining games are caused by a glitch in the schedule.

FC København can reach 19 points by the new system, so they're also out. If jeffpm doesn't win, I play striKeVillain! in the semis.
Code:
Standings					GP	W	D	L	Points (max)
1	Dinamo Moscow				12	8	3	1	27	
2	Hoffenheim				12	7	5	0	26	
3	AEK Athens				12	7	2	3	23	
4	Boca Juniors				12	6	3	3	21	
5	FC Köln					11	5	3	3	18	(21)
6	FC København				11	3	7	1	16	(19)
7	PAOK					10	3	3	4	12	(18)
8	Botafogo				10	3	3	4	12	(18)
9	America					12	3	3	6	12	
10	River Plate				12	2	4	6	10	
11	Trabzonspor				9	2	1	6	7	(16)
12	SC Braga				11	1	0	10	3	
DNF	FC Twente				7	1	3	3	6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76p_ncbffCE

ijm72

I got the message from sneaky too :lol . If you guys are doing a world cup I would probably be interested in doing it.

Tf53

ATF487 said:
cPeW4.gif

Maybe you should've beat me when you had the chance.

Slizz

k0ji-wd said:
EEEEET WAS ME!!!!!!!

umm, so the playoffs are one off games? Or two legs?

Top 4 teams, single elimination. You were the 2 seed and I am the 3rd, so you an I have to play each other first. Then you or I are in the finals.

Slizz

k0ji-wd said:
ok i will be on in about 20 then?
Been on for like 20 min waiting, gonna get off now. All good tho I've been drinking way too much and utilizing herbal supplements and probably woulda sucked.

k0ji-wd

Playoff 1899 Hoffenheim 3 (k0ji-wd) vs. 0 AEK Athens (Slizz)

Goalscorers
:

D.Ba
Salihovic
Ibisevic

I had to substitute myself for my gf at half time :lol

Slizz

k0ji-wd said:
Playoff 1899 Hoffenheim 3 (k0ji-wd) vs. 0 AEK Athens (Slizz)

Goalscorers
:

D.Ba
Salihovic
Ibisevic

Sorry bout all the obvious slide tackles at the end I was mad.

You are way better than me in 2 areas. Inside the goalbox defense(i.e. headers, the majority of my goals this season) and finesse shots outside the box(you're on point even with shitty teams and players).

The D on that first goal made be so mad lol. It autoswitched me to the guy int he way of the pass, but I wanted to stay my current guy and thus the guy it put me to stood completely still for that half second and you had a great pass.

I hope I return to the the semifinals in the WC but I feel there will be a lot more parity in the WC compared to this.

k0ji-wd

Hoffenheim have Simunic whose slow as shit but powerful and has an amazing header, so he's basically like 90% of my defence in the middle

I only try the finesse shots with two players really, Salihovic and Ba, who are basically the only two with any real skill, Ibisevic is my highest rated striker but he's shit. I've been trying to score a FK all season with Salihovic (86 or 89 FK) and the only one i scored Astro quit out on me. . .

I was telling my gf to try and score me a goal of the season in the second half but you kept tackling the shit outta her :lol

jeffpm said:
Awesome Animals, lemme know when you wanna play. I should be available pretty much all day.

I'm trying to leave between 1-2 p.m. here, which means I should get in around 5-6 p.m. Hopefully my roommate gets in around the same time because he borrowed my hard drive so he could play Call of Duty live (long story that I don't want to go into). I will definitely be on tonight because I have gone through some serious FIFA withdrawl.

Cardigan

Awesome Animals said:
I'm trying to leave between 1-2 p.m. here, which means I should get in around 5-6 p.m. Hopefully my roommate gets in around the same time because he borrowed my hard drive so he could play Call of Duty live (long story that I don't want to go into). I will definitely be on tonight because I have gone through some serious FIFA withdrawl.
What time are you going to be able to play?

Tf53

jeffpm said:
Koln 1 (jeffpm) vs. 0 Trabzonspor (Awesome Animals)

Goalscorers:

Podolski 81'

Do I still need to play my game against Astro?
Nah, you've already beat him once. you and striKeVillain! will play a wildcard game to see who comes up against me.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
went up against some straight up beasts this weekend in table tennis. i beat a couple of these guys in the level 30's but damn some just handed me my ass. i'm only like a level 5 or 6

Top Bottom