• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Fifa 12 [Xbox 360] Inaugural Tournament

sneaky77

mastershake said:
Can you play this weekend? I want to get some practice H2H games in before we play. I've literally played like 4 games (2CPU, 2 league) Still missing my PS3 controller!

is that enough excuses for one post? :D

:(

i think you forgot to say your dog ate your controller. That your xbox slept with your girlfriend and now is grounded. And that you lost both arms in a terrible mastubating accident.

Santos FC 1 at 3 LOSC Lille

4' Neymar (SFC)
60' Payet (LOSC)
71' Sow (LOSC)
90' Sow (LOSC)

It was a massacre in the first half and Lille was lucky to only give up the one goal, a Neymar finesse shot from close. The second half started and the game evened out. After Santos earned eight shots in the first half against Lille's zero, the second half saw both teams unload the ball five times each. Payet evened up the game with a finesse shot from just inside the box. The go ahead goal for Lille came in the 71st minute with a great play in space by Sow and a light touch from a tough angle to get the ball by the keeper (it was a lucky goal). The insurance goal came in the 90' off a contested cross and a second attempt by Sow.

Good Match epik. After that first half I didn't think it was going to be close. It really was a lucky result for me.

Slizz

mastershake said:
Can you play this weekend? I want to get some practice H2H games in before we play. I've literally played like 4 games (2CPU, 2 league) Still missing my PS3 controller!

is that enough excuses for one post? :D

:(

Yea I suppose. Probably not going to be on at night on the weekend so anytime during the day would be good.

Also whats your PS3 controller got to do with X360 FIFA? lol

Slizz said:
Yea I suppose. Probably not going to be on at night on the weekend so anytime during the day would be good.

Also whats your PS3 controller got to do with X360 FIFA? lol

Played the hell outta FIFA 11 on PS3 but switched to XBOX this year to play with friends.

The post was mainly a joke to justify me sucking right now lol

Slizz

mastershake said:
Played the hell outta FIFA 11 on PS3 but switched to XBOX this year to play with friends.

The post was mainly a joke to justify me sucking right now lol

Ahhhh I get it know, I thought missing as in lost, not missing as in longing for.

So yea on the weekend probably 10AM to like 5PM EST I'll be available.

Damn, I hope I play Master Shake soon! Looking at the table though, I am most eager to play Sneaky. That match could decide who gets the top of the table. Are we doing a play-off after we finish the round robin?

epik

Good game man! ... I had some really tough breaks (3 posts in one play).. but you were making really great plays, you were bound to score in the 2nd half and with all your chances, you made them count!

sneaky77

Awesome Animals said:
Damn, I hope I play Master Shake soon! Looking at the table though, I am most eager to play Sneaky. That match could decide who gets the top of the table. Are we doing a play-off after we finish the round robin?

We can if we so feel inclined to it, obviously we won't if I win the league part. lol

ATF487

Eric WK said:
ATF and epik: I'll have a window today from about 4 to 7 PM Eastern time today if that works for either of you.

Would 5:30 work? The Pats game is on then but I could probably squeeze in a game close to half time

epik

Eric WK said:
ATF and epik: I'll have a window today from about 4 to 7 PM Eastern time today if that works for either of you.

Hey bud, how do you feel about playing tonight? Anytime after 8pm

Sorry I was pretty much partying all weekend ;p

Slizz said:
Whats up mastershake? I sent you a FR, lets get our game done.

My bad man... been busy lately. Today isn't looking good either. You gonna be free tomorrow?

sneaky77, when are week 3 and 4 games due again?

ijm72

Sorry ATF and Free Chicken I was out of town for the week so I wasn't able to play any of my games. I will be free these next 3 days after 6 PM EST so just let me know when its best for you guys

ATF487

ijm72 said:
Sorry ATF and Free Chicken I was out of town for the week so I wasn't able to play any of my games. I will be free these next 3 days after 6 PM EST so just let me know when its best for you guys

I could do anytime after 6 on Thursday

sneaky77 said:
as soon as possible lol

Thoughts on beginning Weeks 5 & 6 while the last few games from Weeks 3 &4 finish? Also, are we just getting three points from the match-up against Everton? Or are we removing that match completely?

sneaky77

Awesome Animals said:
Thoughts on beginning Weeks 5 & 6 while the last few games from Weeks 3 &4 finish? Also, are we just getting three points from the match-up against Everton? Or are we removing that match completely?

I haven't really decided. There is still a lot of matches left in round 4. So I'll wait till those get caught up a bit before advancing

sneaky77 said:
I haven't really decided. There is still a lot of matches left in round 4. So I'll wait till those get caught up a bit before advancing

I thought that might be the case, but figured I would throw that out there. I've played very little FIFA over the past week and figured I would try to get as many games in while not completely rusty as I could :p

FreeChicken

Neo Member
ijm72 said:

Yeah I should be on tonight to play strikevillain so will be on around about that time.

Slizz

mastershake said:
My bad man... been busy lately. Today isn't looking good either. You gonna be free tomorrow?

sneaky77, when are week 3 and 4 games due again?

I'm free today now till like 6PM EST or later if you can't get on till then. Lets get a game done today.

Slizz

B. Dortmund - 1 @ Anzhi M. - 2

29' Eto'l
69' Boussoufa
90' Persisc

Was a good game. Real open I felt. Surprised how physical I was able to be against a German team.

Persisc's goal was incredible too. Perfect shot from that angle out-ward curve with the left foot almost hooked out of the net.

Slizz said:
B. Dortmund - 1 @ Anzhi M. - 2

29' Eto'l
69' Boussoufa
90' Persisc

Was a good game. Real open I felt. Surprised how physical I was able to be against a German team.

Persisc's goal was incredible too. Perfect shot from that angle out-ward curve with the left foot almost hooked out of the net.

GG man... that shit wasn't close, regardless of the score. I was just trying my best to keep the score respectable. The entire first half i couldn't even get out of my side of the pitch.

First half you had 7 shots on goal(1 off the post) to my whopping 0

I felt like you were just toying with me most of the game lol.

Persisc's goal at the end made me feel better... a little bit

FreeChicken

Neo Member
striKeVillain! said:
Valencia 0 - 2 PSG

I still cannot adopt to this new style of fifa, eh.

A pretty tense match! Possession was very close and not many chances for either of us really. One thing I dunno if you have tried is putting Piatti through the middle? I find his pace is really useful beside Soldado as he isn't the quickest.

Slizz

mastershake said:
GG man... that shit wasn't close, regardless of the score. I was just trying my best to keep the score respectable. The entire first half i couldn't even get out of my side of the pitch.

First half you had 7 shots on goal(1 off the post) to my whopping 0

I felt like you were just toying with me most of the game lol.

Persisc's goal at the end made me feel better... a little bit

I definitely wasn't toying with you. I was really focused, I had lost my last 2 or 3 matches on FIFA 12 and BF3 was getting a lot of my attention lately. Plus I had ties my last 2 games, I really wanted a W.

So, everyone except Slizz and myself have one more match to play from our current Weeks, and younghov still has two games to play. younghov, where you at brah?

ATF487

Marseille 1 - 4 Napoli
ATF487 v. ijm72

6' M. Hamsik (Napoli)
22' M. Hamsik (Napoli)
26' A. Gignac (Marseille)
35' M. Britos (Napoli)
50' E. Lavezzi (Napoli)

Very frustrating game, I was never in it and chased it from the start. ijm72 played well, made the most of his early chances and wasn't in any danger of losing, even when it went to 2-1. I gotta learn how to defend in the box

ijm72

ATF487 said:
Marseille 1 - 4 Napoli
ATF487 v. ijm72

6' M. Hamsik (Napoli)
22' M. Hamsik (Napoli)
26' A. Gignac (Marseille)
35' M. Britos (Napoli)
50' E. Lavezzi (Napoli)

Very frustrating game, I was never in it and chased it from the start. ijm72 played well, made the most of his early chances and wasn't in any danger of losing, even when it went to 2-1. I gotta learn how to defend in the box
GG and yeah for once I actually converted my chances but I still thought it was anybody's game until I got that header goal from the corner which kind of blew the game open.

ATF487

ijm72 said:
GG and yeah for once I actually converted my chances but I still thought it was anybody's game until I got that header goal from the corner which kind of blew the game open.

Yeah I went to a 4-3-3 shortly after that which changed things but the damage had been done, I couldn't defend those crosses at all, heh.

epik

For anyone thats needs to play me --- I'll be home all night tonight, just send me a PM on gaf when you're ready.

Also, I'll be DJing a wedding saturday / Eid on sunday soo friday is the only time I have this weekend.

ijm72

PSG 1- Napoli 2
45' Cavani
65' Cavani (p)
72' Nene (p)

GG FreeChicken. I thought it was pretty even you hit the post and I missed a couple of headers and we were both awarded what I thought were soft penalties. So overall pretty tight and could have easily finished as a tie.

FreeChicken

Neo Member
ijm72 said:
PSG 1- Napoli 2
45' Cavani
65' Cavani (p)
72' Nene (p)

GG FreeChicken. I thought it was pretty even you hit the post and I missed a couple of headers and we were both awarded what I thought were soft penalties. So overall pretty tight and could have easily finished as a tie.

Yeah the penalties were really soft! But you deserved it really, I struggled for possession throughout.

sneaky77

Villareal 1 : 1 Benfica

Not a lot of chances although Villareal had a couple clear ones that were missed, and the hack job in the counter near the end that cost me a red card.

Slizz

ericwk and ATF

When are good times for you to play? Can't play tonight, but the rest of the week is pretty open for me.

Top Bottom