• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korez

140vg4p.jpg

Worst Grand Prix ever

Pimpwerx

Got Buemi too! That's the Kobayashi I wanted to see this season! Good win for Vettel and good second for Lewis and third for Button. Boring race. On to World Cup. PEACE.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Kobayashi takes 7th of the last corner of the GP!

Vettel wins, well done to him, Hamilton 2nd, after the SC fun he still gets 2nd. Button 3rd? Well, if he gets a 25 second penalty (likely I suppose) he will be 4th as only Kobayashi is within that time. Barrichello 4ht, Kubica 5th, Sutil 6th, Kobayashi 7th (Driver of the day), Buemi 8th, Alonso 9th (Angry man alert) and De La Rosa 10th.

Well, for a race with all of...2 notable overtakes, both at the end of the race, this race wasn't as bad as I thought.

I hope the FIA doesn't fuck with this result too much, just hand out grid penalties and be done with it, please.

Sloane

Banned
megateto said:
Seems that the stewards are going to have an after race party with lots of cars involved with the SC deployment lap and their lap times.

This is the shit, this sport is a fucking mess when it comes to their rules.
They'll probably all get a 25s penalty while Hamilton gets away with the shit he pulled. :lol

Stop It

So, all the talk of RBR being finished seemed to be a bit premature. Yes the Ferraris were screwed by the SC but Vettel just buggered off and let everyone else have their fun (Webber included) behind him.

The championship race is truly hotting up.

Sloane said:
They'll probably all get a 25s penalty while Hamilton gets away with the shit he pulled. :lol
Which is exactly why Button charged at the end, if he gets +25s, he will still be 4th, with Kobayashi 3rd!

Zinga

Banned
I'm SO angry right now, the entire Hamilton and Safety Car incident has me literally pulling my hair out in anger. I'll calm down in a while, but it just PISSES me off when this shit happens in F1.

Its a fucking shame if all those drivers get a +25s penalty and Kobayashi (who would be 3rd) doesn't get to enjoy his podium. He (and Sauber surprisingly) did fuck awesome today.

Pimpwerx

Sloane said:
He got the penalty, and the proper penalty for the crime too. They can't make him park it for that, so they gave him a drive-thru. It's not his fault they were slow. Clearly they were even slower with everyone else's. Shouldn't Lewis moan because his actual race was srewed up while no one else's was? PEACE.

Stop It

Hmm, the Brits defeated by a German, I hope that doesn't happen when the football starts between England and Germany.

Anyway, it's Silverstone next, I hope the track changes (Which appeared to be very good for MotoGP) make for an exciting race, surely we'll see more overtaking than here.

The BBC just called a 25 second penalty result wrong. Alonso was 25.2 seconds behind Button you dolt, and Kobayashi is not being investigated at all!

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Its a fucking shame if all those drivers get a +25s penalty and Kobayashi (who would be 3rd) doesn't get to enjoy his podium. He (and Sauber surprisingly) did fuck awesome today.
I think Sauber and Kobayashi would take the 3rd, with or without the podium. Kobayashi was the driver of the day today, so if he ends up 3rd, good for him.

Pterion

DrM said:
He is pathetic

Also massive kudos to Kobayashi. He ate Alonso and Buemi for breakfast :D
Cry baby of the race. :lol

Oh, and yet another race and Hamilton still beats Button. Pattern confirmed.

Stop It said:
I think Sauber and Kobayashi would take the 3rd, with or without the podium. Kobayashi was the driver of the day today, so if he ends up 3rd, good for him.
I meant the celebration, trophy, interview, proper acknowledgment and advertising which would seriously do good for Sauber after a difficult season start. Even if he gets his 15 points it would be a waste and a shame if he doesn't get to fully enjoy it and show it.

megateto

Pimpwerx said:
He got the penalty, and the proper penalty for the crime too. They can't make him park it for that, so they gave him a drive-thru. It's not his fault they were slow. Clearly they were even slower with everyone else's. Shouldn't Lewis moan because his actual race was srewed up while no one else's was? PEACE.

It's a shame they took sooo long to make the move, and the fact that it was Nando (or at least it seems that was the way it all went) who made the call makes things even worse: Nando was less than a second behind Hammy, Nando ended up ninth, Hammy is still second. You can't deny that it's pretty unfair.
Oh, and let's not forget how everybody was wondering what had happened and the FIA took a really long time to show some footage of the whole thing.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Eddie and Coulthard in a big argument over the Webber, Heiki incident.

I totally agree with Eddie, they were racing for position. No way should Heiki just get out of the way.

This argument is getting really HEATED now!

Stop It

navanman said:
Eddie and Coulthard in a big argument over the Webber, Heiki incident.

I totally agree with Eddie, they were racing for position. No way should Heiki just get out of the way.

This argument is getting really HEATED now!

Aww I changed channel for the football. How heated did the argument get? I respect Coulthard but I must admit I tend to ignore his opinion of anything RBR related nowadays.

navanman

Stop It said:
Aww I changed channel for the football. How heated did the argument get? I respect Coulthard but I must admit I tend to ignore his opinion of anything RBR related nowadays.

DC says something like "you have never driven a car at 200MPH so what would you know", when Eddie was defending the Lotus teams and the new teams and the disrespectful attitude the big teams take to them.

Pimpwerx

megateto said:
It's a shame they took sooo long to make the move, and the fact that it was Nando (or at least it seems that was the way it all went) who made the call makes things even worse: Nando was less than a second behind Hammy, Nando ended up ninth, Hammy is still second. You can't deny that it's pretty unfair.
Oh, and let's not forget how everybody was wondering what had happened and the FIA took a really long time to show some footage of the whole thing.
Unfair? Meh. You're talking to a Hammy fan, so Alonso bitching because something bad didn't happen to someone else isn't as big a deal to me as the raft of penalties Lewis has racked up in the same time. Cry me a river.

Honestly, with so many teams getting investigated, it seems obvious to me that there's something wrong with the track. I don't think they set the location of the line in the right place or something. Didn't the GP2 race have the same problem?

jey_16 said:
Hamilton - cheat of the race or season?
Neither. Driver of the forever. :D PEACE.

megateto

Pimpwerx said:
Unfair? Meh. You're talking to a Hammy fan, so Alonso bitching because something bad didn't happen to someone else isn't as big a deal to me as the raft of penalties Lewis has racked up in the same time. Cry me a river.

Honestly, with so many teams getting investigated, it seems obvious to me that there's something wrong with the track. I don't think they set the location of the line in the right place or something. Didn't the GP2 race have the same problem?

Neither. Driver of the forever. :D PEACE.

It's ok, Pimpwerx, I'd like to see myself as an Alonso fan who is not as "blind" as you ;).

I was wondering why you were all saying that this track is horrible and now I can see why. Does anybody now how long is Valencia's contract going to last?

Lince

Banned
Pimpwerx said:

Charlie Withing let him build enough a gap before the penalty, that was disgusting, you break the rules get 2nd you respect the rules get 10 and 14th, the race was manipulated, the sanction should have been immediate. Awful

DrM

Redmond's Baby
megateto said:
I was wondering why you were all saying that this track is horrible and now I can see why. Does anybody now how long is Valencia's contract going to last?
2014 or even 2016

navanman

They showed the SC Hamilton overtake again from an overhead helicopter camera.

If Hamilton hadn't slowed down in that split second of indecision he would have been in the clear. You can see him slow down as if thinking what should I do.
In the end he overtook the SC, while it was around 1ft in front of it.

Ferrari are still angry, Stefan has a big moany head on him.

navanman

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
I'm sure its nothing compared to the post-race Alonso interview on laSexta.

I doubt you will hear anything else all week, some pretty bold lines in it.

Could you give us a Spanish translation of it?

navanman said:
Could you give us a Spanish translation of it?
Autosport pretty quick has it translated already:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84837
Angry Alonso says race 'manipulated'

"It's a shame, not for us because this is racing, but for all the fans who came here to watch a manipulated race," he told Spanish television after the race.

"We were running well, in third after a good start. Then the safety car came out, which wasn't too good for us, but Hamilton overtook the safety car, something that I had never seen, overtaking the medical car with yellow flags. We were a meter off each other, and he finished second and I finished ninth.

"This race was to finish second. Then with the safety car I would have finished where I finished in ninth, and Hamilton in eighth. But here, when you do the normal thing, which is respecting the rules, you finish ninth, and the one who doesn't respect them finishes second."

The Spaniard said everything seemed to be going against him and his team.

"It must have been very hard to know," said Alonso of the times it took the stewards to penalise Hamilton. "They must have taken a lot of laps to see the replay of how he overtook the medical car.

"But that's how it is. Unfortunately everything goes against us and it seems they are allowing everything."

DrM

Redmond's Baby
RC screwed this up, they lost Vettel, waited almost 2 minutes for SC deployment and then strange stuff happened.

Also, Ferrari is the last team to speak about so called 'fair play' or 'obeying the rules'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom