• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Cerebral Assassin said:
:lol

How hard is it to understand, he slowed down to make sure Alonso couldn't get in front of the SC, then realised he wouldn't make it so decided to ignore the rules(its not as if Hamilton/Mclaren have a lot of respect for the rules) & overtake the SC.
If you believe that, you're just as crazy as Alonso. Alonso was going to miss getting past the SC regardless, if Hamilton wanted to block Alonso he would have done it sooner then made 100% sure he gunned it through the SC line.

It was a driver error, not some sort of grand conspiracy against Alonso.

Stop It said:
Yeah, because the FIA has a record of favouring McLaren and Hamilton in partcul....wait WTF are you on about?
Last fricking race. Oh no fuel, we'll just stop mid track. HEY EVERYONE DON'T DO IT AGAIN, NOW YOU CAN'T.

itxaka

Defeatist
Also Kobayashi also slowed down the rest of the crowd so he got away with the penalization with no problems. If ferrari was behind hamilton they would be second by now.

Edit:

Last fricking race. Oh no fuel, we'll just stop mid track. HEY EVERYONE DON'T DO IT AGAIN, NOW YOU CAN'T.

I bet my ass that you are Spanish.

Dead Man

Pimpwerx said:
I think it was Ferrari that brought it to the stewards now. I take back my criticism of HHF and the stewards, because Ferrari's public moaning there makes it obvious they were trying to deep-six Lewis' race instead of win their own. The stewards probably had to look at the replay and then convince themselves it was worth penalizing. PEACE.

EDIT: Oh. And they did it for the lulz. :D
I don't get that opinion. If it was against the rules, and gave him an advantage, why shouldn't a team ask the stewards to look at it? That is one of the ways these things get addressed in F1, that is why they have a protest system in place.

Pimpwerx

Salacious Crumb said:
I don't know how anyone can dispute that penalty, the rule is pretty simple. He clearly passed the SC after he crossed the line, that's all that matters, it doesn't matter what he was doing before that.
When did he cross the line, and when was the SC deployed? It's a slow run to the line here, so I'm guessing it was marginal on time and the stewards had to look into it. As we can see, he's passing the SC before it exits the pits and the SC is deployed from the end of the pits. PEACE.

Stop It

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Yeah, a clarification of FIA regulations negates the last decade of the FIA screwing over McLaren (while magically favouring Ferrari for most of it) at nearly every turn? Not quite.

Pimpwerx

Dead Man said:
I don't get that opinion. If it was against the rules, and gave him an advantage, why shouldn't a team ask the stewards to look at it? That is one of the ways these things get addressed in F1, that is why they have a protest system in place.
I know. I'm just having a go at Ferrari and Fonso. The rivalry and all. :p

BTW, is this the end of pitstops? I think the primes can go a full race distance. PEACE.

megateto

Stop It said:
Yeah, a clarification of FIA regulations negates the last decade of the FIA screwing over McLaren (while magically favouring Ferrari for most of it) at nearly every turn? Not quite.

And years of systematically fucking Fernando's ass XD.

Dead Man

Stop It said:
You don't fix a decade of fucking with the rules, by fucking with the rules. You can't rectify a past error by favouring someone now. Not saying the FIA are doing that, but McLaren and Ferrari's previous history should have no bearing on the merits of any current decision. It should be judged only on the events of the incident at hand.

Stop It

Epic lulz between Glock and Bruno Senna. Nearly causing a crash between Kobayashi and Button and then hitting the walls and each other. I can almost understand that sort of rookie mistake by Senna but Glock should know better.

Dead Man

Stop It said:
Epic lulz between Glock and Bruno Senna. Nearly causing a crash between Kobayashi and Button and then hitting the walls and each other. I can almost understand that sort of rookie mistake by Senna but Glock should know better.
Yeah, pretty rubbish. Maybe they just felt the need to provide some entertainment? :D

Stop It said:
If you believe that, you're just as crazy as Alonso. Alonso was going to miss getting past the SC regardless, if Hamilton wanted to block Alonso he would have done it sooner then made 100% sure he gunned it through the SC line.

It was a driver error, not some sort of grand conspiracy against Alonso.

So why did Hamilton slow down, either he was trying to slow Alonso down, or he realised he wouldn't make it, slowed down & then thought "fuck it I'll try to get away with cheating". The only other explanation that comes to mind is that Hamilton is bad at judging distances, unlikely for an F1 driver of his calibre.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
This is still a crap race track. Note even the top cars ( Webber, Button, Alonso) can get near to an overtake of cars that are slower

megateto

navanman said:
This is still a crap race track. Note even the top cars ( Webber, Button, Alonso) can get near to an overtake of cars that are slower

When the highest point of the race is the aftermath of an accident, I think it's pretty telling XD.

Valencia's track is RUBBISH and nobody can't deny that fact.

navanman

Loads of cars are under investigation for going to fast under safety car.

And Hamilton gets penalised for going too slow!!

Dead Man

navanman said:
Yep. And I am getting sick of these fucking after race investigations. They have plenty of time, especially when it is just a yes/no check of the data.

Stop It

Cerebral Assassin said:
So why did Hamilton slow down, either he was trying to slow Alonso down, or he realised he wouldn't make it, slowed down & then thought "fuck it I'll try to get away with cheating". The only other explanation that comes to mind is that Hamilton is bad at judging distances, unlikely for an F1 driver of his calibre.
Because as per FIA rules when a SC status is declared on the track, the cars have to lap slower than a certain lap time. Hamilton HAD to slow down, he just mis-timed how and where he done so.

Stop trying to look for something that wasn't there. Alonso has half an excuse. The fact is that if he didn't hesitate up to the line he would have been fine, and that would not have affected Alonso who was a few seconds back by that point. He messed up a split second call, I fully believe that was just bad judgement than him cheating.

Holy crap, half of the cars will be investigated for the SC incident. Hamilton wasn't alone in the SC lulz.

navanman said:

Oh the irony.

Edit: Race engineer to Alonso: SHUT UP ALREADY! (Paraphrased)

megateto

Seems that the stewards are going to have an after race party with lots of cars involved with the SC deployment lap and their lap times.

This is the shit, this sport is a fucking mess when it comes to their rules.

Pimpwerx

They better not change any results after the race. That's bullshit. If this nonsense happened in GP2 as well, then maybe there's something wrong with this fucking track. PEACE.

Stop It

Pimpwerx said:
They better not change any results after the race. That's bullshit. If this nonsense happened in GP2 as well, then maybe there's something wrong with this fucking track. PEACE.
Well, either this result is going to be fucked, or the next race is going to see loads of grid penalties. All because of bloody technicalities. I hate F1 when it's like this.

megateto

I am starting to get really pissed with this whole stewards thing. Nando had to call on them for the Hammy incident and half an hour later they begin to realise that half of the grid may have done something wrong on the same lap? The fuck is wrong with this F1 thing, ffs!!!! XD

Oh my god, what the hell is FIA going to do now. Post-race cheating to try to offset the damage they didn't fix when they had to fix it? Major facepalm again.

It really sucks, now its "hey guys don't bother with the race, we'll decide what to change after the race so we decide the outcome better this way".

Dead Man

Yay Valencia.
9p1Ca.jpg

Such excitement. So unpredictable. And that is after the massive crash.

megateto

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Oh my god, what the hell is FIA going to do now. Post-race cheating to try to offset the damage they didn't fix when they had to fix it? Major facepalm again.

It really sucks, now its "hey guys don't bother with the race, we'll decide what to change after the race so we decide the outcome better this way".

Next year it's going to be a fucking mess with all the "you're allowed to push the button now, now you can't...".

And it seems that McLaren is also worried about where the Ferraris are XD.

navanman

Hamilton is racing now, pity he got the drive through cos he is blitzing Vettel's lead now even with Vettel racing now.

Goldrusher

navanman said:

Button
Barrichello
Hulkenberg
de la Rosa
Petrov
Sutil
Liuzzi
Kubica
Buemi

Pimpwerx

Petrov is anonymous all race, and still manages to get investigated. Awful.

Vettel's pace fell off as he was saving his car. He'll be fine. PEACE.

Dead Man

This race has just reinforced how many things I hate about F1 these days. So disappointed and bored.

*Rocks quietly on the porch, waiting to tell kids to get off my lawn*

megateto said:
Next year it's going to be a fucking mess with all the "you're allowed to push the button now, now you can't...".
"Oh look guys, we didn't notice in race but post-race we just learned all teams pushed the button 20 times per pilot and squad...sooo how about 10,000$ a push? *insert cash-in sound*"

Stop It

Aegus said:
Come on Kobayashi!
I would laugh so hard if he crashed with Alonso after all of the bitching Alonso has been doing. He's fast too, and only a second behind too. Come on Kobayashi!!

Stop It

That was a BRILLIANT pass. Well done Kobayashi! Let's see if he can get past Buemi too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom