• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pimpwerx

Awesome. I noticed Vettel using way more curbing than Lewis, yet Lewis is keeping pace. And we know he likes to ride the curbs too, so I assumed he's trying to save his tires for the next pitstop. He just asked about saving fuel, so I guess that confirms it. Let's see if it pays off in the end. Maybe we're watching his evolution into a more complete race driver. PEACE

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
megateto said:
I've heard something about Charlie Whithing?

Something like Hamilton tricked Alonso into thinking he was not going to pit under SC or going slowly so Alonso would be held up by the blue light in the pit so he got held up and came into the pack.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Alonso moaning about Hamilton "holding" Alonso up during the SC in lap. Something tells me Alonso is just angry at the world and is trying to blame his "best friend" Hamilton for losing out in the pit stops. Handbags at dawn.

Rosberg having brake issues, Mercedes both in the wars brake wise?

navanman said:
Something like Hamilton tricked Alonso into thinking he was not going to pit under SC or going slowly so Alonso would be held up by the blue light in the pit so he got held up and came into the pack.
Diddums. Or..not? Incident by car 2, Hamilton under investigation by the stewards.

Dead Man

Stop It said:
Alonso moaning about Hamilton "holding" Alonso up during the SC in lap. Something tells me Alonso is just angry at the world and is trying to blame his "best friend" Hamilton for losing out in the pit stops. Handbags at dawn.

Diddums. Or..not? Incident by car 2, Hamilton under investigation by the stewards.
Hah, damn your stealth edit! Yeah, Hammy under investigation.

Pimpwerx

Stop It said:

:lol :lol

Indeed. I knew I heard him say Hamilton's name and I'm like, "He's not even near you dude." PEACE.

EDIT: NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Stop It

Rosberg being told that his car is basically buggered. I missed the end but I imagine he is being told he may need to retire at any point.

Dead Man said:
Hah, damn your stealth edit! Yeah, Hammy under investigation.
:lol :lol

Kobayashi doing OK. 1:42s in the dog of a Sauber. Vettel and Hamilton still buggering off. Well, is Hamilton due a penalty?

Road said:
You don't mess with Ferrari International Assistance.
It's the Ferrari International Association.

navanman

We can't make any judgement either way without any lap times or replays.

The stewards will have all the timings.

Hamilton is penalised

Stop It

Hamilton penalised for overtaking the safety car. Drive through penalty...

Just watched the replay, my god he was penalised for that? That was so so marginal...

navanman

His only hope is Koboyashi as he is holding up the pack behind.

Very very marginal decision, matters of inches..

Pimpwerx

His race is fucked. Probably gonna see some nice overtaking, but this is Vettel's to lose. Wow! He was really unlucky there. PEACE.

Stop It

navanman said:
His only hope is Koboyashi as he is holding up the pack behind.

Very very marginal decision, matters of inches..
Indeed it was, if he didn't hesitate, he would have been ok.

Ah well, I wonder where he will come out after this enforced stop? He may get away with 4th?
Glass bottle on the track, that needs to be got rid of ASAP.

No, he got away with it completely, he stays 2nd.

Pimpwerx

Wait! He beats Kobayashi! Yay! I'm not mad anymore. Championship points right now. That's important. PEACE.

EDIT: Is Frentzen the tosser steward who gave that penalty?

magnificent83 said:
Damn, Hamilton just missed it.

Question is, why is Alonso so bent out of shape about it, He would still have been stuck behind the safety car :lol

Because if Hamilton hadn't broken the rules, he would have also been stuck behind the SC.

navanman

Ferrari ( FIA ) are going to be pissed.

Hamilton will be happy with 2nd for this race.

Alonso is so so pissed off. CRY MOAR ALONSO!! CRY MOAR!!

Stop It

Alonso is so pissed off. Note to Alonso: go punch a wall after this race, avoid Hamilton like the plague!

Cerebral Assassin said:
Because if Hamilton hadn't broken the rules, he would have also been stuck behind the SC.
Wrong, if Hamilton didn't slow down before that line, he would have been fine, he got penalised BECAUSE he slowed down and thus officially didn't overtake the SC until after that point.

Pimpwerx

Time for Lewis to get on with it. He's racing Jenson. Fonso needs to stop fucking whinging. OMG! I've never seen a driver so obsessed with someone else's race. What a bitch.

And yay for the hero marshal. He needs to get some marshal pussy tonight for that one. :lol

navanman said:
WTF!! Someone put a glass bottle on the track.
Stay classy, Spain. Stay classy. PEACE.

Superb FIA. Just as usual. Give Hamilton way more room so the punishment does nothing.

Now god forbid anyone else doing anything like that again, automatically black flag.

Cerebral Assassin said:
Oh i understand, but Alonso would probably still be behind him. I don't see Kobayashi whining about Hamilton.

Dead Man

Damn, some of you guys are really taking it personally when things happen to Hamilton! :D Kobyashi has saved his bacon.

I think all the excitement may be over.

n0n44m

but if Hamilton had just continued on full-speed and had overtaken the safety car while it was driving in the pit-exit-lane but before it had crossed the safety-car-line, would he have broken the rules as well?

because if he had done that, the Ferrari's would have been up there with him obviously ... and if that would be OK with the regulations, I can understand their anger/frustration/fuming/etc

megateto

Pimpwerx said:
Time for Lewis to get on with it. He's racing Jenson. Fonso needs to stop fucking whinging. OMG! I've never seen a driver so obsessed with someone else's race. What a bitch.

What? He is looking at the championship and the points. The thing is that if Nando would have done the same he would still be third. And don't you think that it's pretty sad that the stewards didn't do anything about it and that Fernando had to call on Lewis? Yeah, Ferrari International Assistance....

Stop It

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Superb FIA. Just as usual. Give Hamilton way more room so the punishment does nothing.

Now god forbid anyone else doing anything like that again, automatically black flag.
Yeah, because the FIA has a record of favouring McLaren and Hamilton in partcul....wait WTF are you on about?

Anywya, time to settle in for the rest of the GP. No more tyre stops (Kobayashi aside), no more action. Time for a nap methinks.

Stop It said:
Alonso is so pissed off. Note to Alonso: go punch a wall after this race, avoid Hamilton like the plague!

Wrong, if Hamilton didn't slow down before that line, he would have been fine, he got penalised BECAUSE he slowed down and thus officially didn't overtake the SC until after that point.
:lol

How hard is it to understand, he slowed down to make sure Alonso couldn't get in front of the SC, then realised he wouldn't make it so decided to ignore the rules(its not as if Hamilton/Mclaren have a lot of respect for the rules) & overtake the SC.

Britprog

Alonso is pissed cause he believes Lewis slowed down and to make Alonso get stuck behind the SC, thats why Lewis and Vet managed to keep there positions after the SC pitstops.

We don't know what happened tbh, was it Lewis trying to clever or delaying cause he was unsure.

Salacious Crumb

I don't know how anyone can dispute that penalty, the rule is pretty simple. He clearly passed the SC after he crossed the line, that's all that matters, it doesn't matter what he was doing before that.

Pimpwerx

jey_16 said:
Fucking Hamilton....why the fuck did it take them so long to give him the penalty
I think it was Ferrari that brought it to the stewards now. I take back my criticism of HHF and the stewards, because Ferrari's public moaning there makes it obvious they were trying to deep-six Lewis' race instead of win their own. The stewards probably had to look at the replay and then convince themselves it was worth penalizing. PEACE.

EDIT: Oh. And they did it for the lulz. :D

Road

Britprog said:
Alonso is pissed cause he believes Lewis slowed down and to make Alonso get stuck behind the SC, thats why Lewis and Vet managed to keep there positions after the SC pitstops.

We don't know what happened tbh, was it Lewis trying to clever or delaying cause he was unsure.
Let's wait for the press interview.

Hamilton's obviously going to admit he overtook knowing he was breaking the rules...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom