• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalin80

Banned
Hamilton set his two fastest sectors on his in lap, probably would have finished 3rd, button didnt get a soft tyre lap without traffic.

S. L.

Pimpwerx said:
Practice = ???? for me.

WTF is going to happen in qualies? I have no damn clue. :lol How confident you feeling in your picks, SL?
super confident, my setup will be the same as last race as i cant afford to upgrade from Kobayashi to Vettel. But Kobayashi is in good form with Sauber atm so it wont be too bad.

Ferrari looks really strong thou.
For quali I am expecting RBR RBR Ferrari Ferrari and then Mercedes and MCL fighting it out for the third row.

For the race i am expecting a 1-2 RBR and Ferrari and Mcl fighting it out for place 3 and 4

But if it rains my predictions won't be worth anything :lol . The Free practice didn't tell much aside from Ferrari being unusually strong.

/me shrug

Pimpwerx

Deadman said:
Kov/Alonso/Red Bull/Ferrari/Shell.

I also almost went for Massa, which would have let me keep total, but ive gambled on Alonso winning instead of just being 3rd.
Fonso/PDLR/RBR/RBR/Total

Gonna give Nando a ride for this weekend. Let's see if he can get it done. :D PEACE.

Deadman

I bet liuzzi as first to drop out, but i dont think this counts. :D Pretty big impact.

That wheel very almost collected the virgin car going past.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Pimpwerx said:
It's one of those weekends. :D I hope it translates into another exciting race. PEACE.
I hope so too. Well, before that we have to get through qualifying, Liuzzi bins it after the last turn and hits the pit lane wall, ouch.

Vettel to be on pole, Alonso 2nd methinks. Button to struggle, again.

Stop It

Alonso breaks into the 1:14 barrier with a 1:14.808, that's pretty nifty. I expect times to tumble though as the track rubbers in. In other news the Hilarious Racing Team are so slow they cannot even beat the lap time set by Liuzzi before he crashed, truly abysmal.

Heh, I spoke to soon, Bruno Senna beats Liuzzi, by .3 of a second. :lol Yamamoto is dog slow though, but of course we all know why he is driving.

Pimpwerx

Wow! Look at how awful Petrov is. I am glad to be rid of his underperforming ass. I hope Renault swaps him out for next race and gives us all a free shot at easy points. That car should be in Q3 all the time. He's not even getting out of Q1. :lol I'm kinda sad for Kubica because they got him a lapdog, but one with like mange and a bad leg. Flav would never have allowed for that kind of disgrace. Give Chandhok that seat. PEACE.

Stop It

Pimpwerx said:
Wow! Look at how awful Petrov is. I am glad to be rid of his underperforming ass. I hope Renault swaps him out for next race and gives us all a free shot at easy points. That car should be in Q3 all the time. He's not even getting out of Q1. :lol I'm kinda sad for Kubica because they got him a lapdog, but one with like mange and a bad leg. Flav would never have allowed for that kind of disgrace. Give Chandhok that seat. PEACE.
Something tells me that the only reason he is still driving for Renault is the sponsorship the team has by Lada, because there is no way is he there by merit. In Q1 he was 8 tenths of a second slower than Kubca, which is simply shocking.

BBC F1 thinks that he may be dumped to Virgin next year in a swap deal for Glock, I honestly think that Virgin should look elsewhere.

Britprog said:
I expect the Red Bulls to ramp it up with it's redundant exhaust setting to get pole in Q3, Vettel is my bet for pole!!!
I expect people to be hitting 1:14.5xx ish at the very least to get pole. I still think Vettel is favourite, but Alonso is looking threatening.

Pimpwerx

These BBC guys just sat around and bagged on small teams, while Chandhok is standing there. Then at the end they acknowledge that the teams would still be within the 107% rule. It's a slap in the face, because Minardi sometimes didn't make that time. These new teams are doing phenomenally well for no testing. It's kinda insulting to listen to. PEACE.

Stop It

Pimpwerx said:
These BBC guys just sat around and bagged on small teams, while Chandhok is standing there. Then at the end they acknowledge that the teams would still be within the 107% rule. It's a slap in the face, because Minardi sometimes didn't make that time. These new teams are doing phenomenally well for no testing. It's kinda insulting to listen to. PEACE.
I agree. In years past we had teams who were involved in F1 for years who were just as slow. In fact in Germany 2005 the Minardis and Jordans were slower comparatively than even the HRT cars during qualifying, I'm sure Eddie would love to be reminded of that.

For being completely new teams these lot aren't that bad, the problem is all the other teams are closer than they have ever been in F1 history, so it makes these guys look bad. 2011 will see Lotus and Virgin at the very least close the gap to the mid-field. If HRT can shake off these money worries (And if the rumoured Toyota deal comes through) then they should close the gap too.

Edit: Where did the BMW Saubers come from, awful a few races ago, now Kobayashi chucks in a 1:15 dead? Nice. Also the Williams showing their strength too. Mercedes are...nowhere? The overlords will not be pleased at their home GP.

Stop It

Well there goes my prediction of 1:14:5xx being the benchmark, Alonso sets a 1:14.081!!! That's an epic time and surely that cannot be beaten in Q2.

Edit: at least Button looks to be in Q3 this time, although 7tenths behind Alonso. Vettel on a 1:14.333 but is on a faster Sector 1/2 time. Mercedes JUST i Q3 at the current time, 9th for Rosberg, 10th for Schumacher.

Edit edit: Hulkenberg kicks Schumacher out of Q3, 9th for the other German.

Stop It

Juicy Bob said:
Bloody hell Legard... How many times can you say the phrase 'good enough' in one sentence?
Well, it describes his commentary, "just not good enough", he needs to be kicked out of the BBC right now. Listening to him is painful at times, and those time sare becoming more and more frequent.

Edit: Did Jake Humphrey just say ...rain?

Britprog

Q3 is gonna be epic, Hami needs to qualify above Massa to get on the podium.

The Red bulls will flip the magic switch, I still bet Vettel for pole!!!

Juicy Bob

Stop It said:
Well, it describes his commentary, "just not good enough", he needs to be kicked out of the BBC right now. Listening to him is painful at times, and those time sare becoming more and more frequent.

That's frustration for messrs Juicy Bob and Stop It.

S. L.

Britprog said:
Q3 is gonna be epic, Hami needs to qualify above Massa to get on the podium.

The Red bulls will flip the magic switch, I still bet Vettel for pole!!!
they just gonna do their thing, plus they didn't run on options so far

Goldrusher

vettel_finger_HA_Sp_121573c.jpg

Stop It

Juicy Bob said:
OH FUCK

Now Brundle's doing it.
:lol

Legard describing Hulkenberg's only lap as his "personal best", somebody tell him how the F1 timing system works, the idiot clearly hasn't a clue what he is on about.

Button with a mighty Sector 2 time? His S1 was a bit rubbish though...hmm. Vettel pole! Alonso...just 2nd, 2 thousandths of a second. Vettel gets away with blatant pole theft! Massa 3rd, Webber 4th but is his car broken? Button 5th, finally out-qualifying Hamilton!

Wes

venison crêpe
Alonso is a twat for driving into the middle of the track out of the last corner. If he had stayed on the outside, taking the shortest possible line to the finish, he probably would've pipped that 0.002 seconds.

TWAT I SAY.

Pimpwerx

Button gets Hammy. Damn. Lewis didn't improve on his Q2 time at all.

Red Bull cheering on their favorite. :lol

Ferrari is back.

I'm interested in the race tomorrow. This is a very jumbled grid. :D PEACE.

Stop It

Deadman said:
Lame lost my Alonso bet, so close.
ronaldo.png

Well well well, tomorrow will be fun, although I'm not able to watch the race as I'll be at the Farnbrough Air show so I have to make sure I don't spoil the result. Alonso vs Vettel first corner..should be epic.

Juicy Bob said:
Red Bull sabotaged Webber's car confirmed.

EDIT: Or not.
Not bad for a number 2...oh wait.

Leonsito

Ferrari is back my ass, the F10 is the best Ferrari car since 2004, only stupid moves by Alonso and bad luck with some SC has made them look like shit, only in Turkey looked like Ferrari got something wrong, the rest of the year they have been one of the top two cars in every circuit.

kharma45

Wes said:
Alonso is a twat for driving into the middle of the track out of the last corner. If he had stayed on the outside, taking the shortest possible line to the finish, he probably would've pipped that 0.002 seconds.

TWAT I SAY.

Yeah I was wondering why the hell he ended up there, more than likely did cost him as you say.

Bobo

Tighter than a gnat's chuff.

Code:
Pos  Driver         Team                    Q1        Q2        Q3
 1.  Vettel         Red Bull-Renault        1:15.152   1:14.249  1:13.791
 2.  Alonso         Ferrari                 1:14.808   1:14.081  1:13.793
 3.  Massa          Ferrari                 1:15.216   1:14.478  1:14.290
 4.  Webber         Red Bull-Renault        1:15.334   1:14.340  1:14.347
 5.  Button         McLaren-Mercedes        1:15.823   1:14.716  1:14.427
 6.  Hamilton       McLaren-Mercedes        1:15.505   1:14.488  1:14.566
 7.  Kubica         Renault                 1:15.736   1:14.835  1:15.079
 8.  Barrichello    Williams-Cosworth       1:16.398   1:14.698  1:15.109