• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
Did anyone else see Webber overtake 3 or 4 cars on the first corner in the run off area? Surely that's not legal. I'd like to see that again.

S. L.

Wes said:
Did anyone else see Webber overtake 3 or 4 cars on the first corner in the run off area? Surely that's not legal. I'd like to see that again.
i think those don't get punished as it was on the outside.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
"This is ridiculous" is apparently what Alonso just said on the radio :lol

Hah, you know for a fact Button could have taken Hamilton in that phase too if the team had let him.

Ahh secret favouritism, its the story of this season.

Britprog

Button is pressurising Hamilton, good stuff!!!

Where is Hami race pace gone, the more I see it the crash in FP1 really hurt his i.e. setup

Igo

None of my bets are working out this weekend. O well.

Go Massa, Go Lewis! I really hope Massa wins if only to see Alonso's face during the press conference.

Eddie Jordan - tosser. Moaning saying Ferrari shouldn't dare give team orders. The same Eddie Jordan who ordered a much faster Ralf Schumacher not to try passing Damon Hill at Spa because he wanted his darling Hill to win.

Juicy Bob

state_vector_collapse said:
Eddie Jordan - tosser. Moaning saying Ferrari shouldn't dare give team orders. The same Eddie Jordan who ordered a much faster Ralf Schumacher not to try passing Damon Hill at Spa because he wanted his darling Hill to win.

Back then team orders were allowed. Not to mention that Spa 98 was a very different situation to this race. Telling someone to move out of the way for a faster teammate 1/3 into a race is very different from telling both of your drivers to hold station at the very end of a race. Especially when that guarantees your first ever Grand Prix win. EJ is spot-on.

No. he said they should hold station because he thought it wasn't safe to pass. He wanted Hill to win so team orders suited him back then. Team orders suit Ferrari now, especially Alono's championship hopes. Team orders still happen - look at Hamilton bitching the other week when Button tried passing him - he thought they had been told to hold positions. Jordan can't have it both ways. His disgust in his voice is hypocritical.

Juicy Bob

state_vector_collapse said:
No. he said they should hold station because he thought it wasn't safe to pass. He wanted Hill to win so team orders suited him back then. Team orders suit Ferrari now, especially Alono's championship hopes. Team orders still happen - look at Hamilton bitching the other week when Button tried passing him - he thought they had been told to hold positions. Jordan can't have it both ways. His disgust in his voice is hypocritical.

The 'no-team orders' rule is stupid. Teams should have the freedom to tell their drivers to swap positions if they want to. And everyone knows that it still happens anyway (Ferraris in China 2008). However, I don't think that this is a time for team orders. Massa is ahead on merit, and it's a straight run to the finish. If Fernando wants to win, he needs to pass his team mate by himself. In terms of the championship, there's still so many races left to go. Two bad results for Alonso and a few big hauls for Felipe and the situation in the championship is completely reversed between them. With 3-4-5 races to go, I'd agree with team orders. Right now? No. That's why I agree with EJ.

Apparently Massa is being told to let Alonso through. SMH.

olore

Oil issue apparently.

Somekind of teamorders coming from Rob Smedley to Massa now :

- Alonso is faster than you.

Edit: God, that was lame. Interesting to see the post-race conference now

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I guess Massa cant really argue, Ferrari gave him every chance to make this season a success and he's blown it really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom