• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Right, first blood to Ferrari and Alonso, a 1-2 for the Tifosi, and well done to them.

Hamilton gets 3rd, a quiet race, but a podium is a podium.

Vettel will be punching walls, people, himself, the car, EVERYTHING, his car threw a win away. Instead he puts up with 4th. His car BARELY finished

Rosberg and Schumacher 5th and 6th, Mercedes up there in their first race.

Button 7th and Webber 8th, both will be looking at their teammates pace and wondering why they couldn't keep up.

Finally Liuzzi 9th and Barrichello 10th, the Force India is a dark horse this year but I can't help but wondering is Barrichello wishes HE was partnering Schumacher again, but on equal terms?

Well, race one gone. Ferrari on top, RBR fast but...oh dear. Everyone else needs to get their thinking caps on, McLaren and Mercedes have a way to go to get close, and they aren't anywhere near yet.

Bring on Australia....

Oh, and kudos to Lotus, best prepared new team indeed.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
The new race points sytem makes a Vettels car failure all the more important.
Could haver been 25 points, now only 12 points, luckily it wasn't a DNF.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Vettel holding onto 4th place may have been the best piece of racing this week. Just amazing.

ElyrionX said:
I guess Button really is an undeserving world champion. That was a really weak performance.

He was basically only racing against Rubens last year. Such a strange season. Problems Red Bull had to sort out in the first two races don't happen and Vettel is a much more deserving champ.

Stop It

Lucius86 said:
Massa deserves huge kudos. First race back from his near fatal injury and hes on the podium. Well done!
Oh yes, braver than 99.99% of people to get back into an F1 car after that incident. I hope he aces Alonso too this year, if only to stop the smug Spaniard git.

Anyway, anthem time...it should have been German/Swiss, instead, bah.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
dejan said:
Amazing that Vettel managed to hold off the mercs.
Cracked exhaust, not serious engine damage. So he still had some power and maybe cracks did manage to shrink during the race

jey_16

Banned
Yes!!!!! Alonso, Massa & Ferrari....back on top :D been waiting so long for this

extremely boring race though.....I have to go to sleep, waking up early for work.....I'm going to be the walking dead

Stop It

ElyrionX said:
I guess Button really is an undeserving world champion. That was a really weak performance.
I think everyone (In the Big 4 teams) below Hamilton/Vettel drove a bit badly really, nowhere near the pace for most of the GP, Vettel at the end was probably just as fast as Alonso, just with a broken POS.

The podium & Vettel will be the main 4 contenders for the WC this year. Just who comes out on top depends just as much on reliability and the speed of the cars as it does driving ability.
sohois said:
They don't get Champagne at the end? This really is a shitty track.
:lol :lol :lol

Edit: Smedley, you'll NEVER live down "Felipe Baby", and frankly, it was an awesome comment.

scarybore

God, Bahrain is so bloody boring. Bugger all happened to be honest, very disappointing in that respect.

Feel bad for Vettel, probably would have won if he didn't have problems but Alonso's pace once he got past was excellent.

Oh, and kudos to Lotus, best prepared new team indeed.

Yeah, considering the lack of time the new teams have had, I'm pleasantly surprised and happy that they got to the end. Fecking slow though.

Massa deserves huge kudos. First race back from his near fatal injury and hes on the podium. Well done!

Definitely, did a great job.

They don't get Champagne at the end? This really is a shitty track.

:lol

And Felipe baby on BBC :lol

Pimpwerx

Great win for Alonso. I'd say a surprise, but I'd already picked him and Massa to finish 1/2 today. Nice points there. Rosberg let me down with no pole, and missing the podium. But I'm extra happy guy Lewis got that. He's officially in the hunt, and if they can get that car working in qualies, he'll be in the thick of it all season.

Great return drive for Massa. I thought he had something for Fernando, but maybe in a few races. He's still a force to be reckoned with.

Lewis did a great job outracing Benson, and showing the potential of the car. Without losing those 11 seconds to the Ferraris, he would have been able to at least challenge for the win. But 3rd in the first race is a nice start. I hope for great things this season.

I was disappointed in Michael, but I give him credit for trying at his age. He's still a hell of a lot better than a scrub like Kov, and he's not far off his teammate at present. Still...surprising to see Michael Schumacher finish behind his teammate, while both cars are still running. Bizarro.

Good on Liuzzi and Rubens. If they pass inspection, I get a lot of points off bets. The bets I got right are:

Alonso 1st
Massa 2nd
Chandhok 1st out
Force India scores
Barrichello scores

I did a damn good job. If Nico was worth a damn, I'd have cleaned house. Oh yeah, I have Liuzzi as my driver, a Force India engine and Shell oil. :D Virgin and HRT are kicking my butt though. PEACE.

Steroyd

F1 is truley here. :')

Poor Vettal the car just died on him, with Alonso behind trying to keep his engine temp in check that's points dropped unnecessarily.

Aegus

Pimpwerx said:
Great win for Alonso. I'd say a surprise, but I'd already picked him and Massa to finish 1/2 today. Nice points there. Rosberg let me down with no pole, and missing the podium. But I'm extra happy guy Lewis got that. He's officially in the hunt, and if they can get that car working in qualies, he'll be in the thick of it all season.

Great return drive for Massa. I thought he had something for Fernando, but maybe in a few races. He's still a force to be reckoned with.

Lewis did a great job outracing Benson, and showing the potential of the car. Without losing those 11 seconds to the Ferraris, he would have been able to at least challenge for the win. But 3rd in the first race is a nice start. I hope for great things this season.

I was disappointed in Michael, but I give him credit for trying at his age. He's still a hell of a lot better than a scrub like Kov, and he's not far off his teammate at present. Still...surprising to see Michael Schumacher finish behind his teammate, while both cars are still running. Bizarro.

Good on Liuzzi and Rubens. If they pass inspection, I get a lot of points off bets. The bets I got right are:

Alonso 1st
Massa 2nd
Chandhok 1st out
Force India scores
Barrichello scores

I did a damn good job. If Nico was worth a damn, I'd have cleaned house. Oh yeah, I have Liuzzi as my driver, a Force India engine and Shell oil. :D Virgin and HRT are kicking my butt though. PEACE.

He was 10th. The bet was "More than 1 point". He only got 1.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Lewis and Fernando being nice to each other is just hilarious. You can hear the hate behind "good to see Fernando back on top" :lol

What a borefest. F1 needs completely new rules for the tyres. Also all Tilke tracks need to get banned.

So sad about Vettel. Good to see him fighting like a lion tho. He does this red number 5 justice.

kikanny

Ferrari did a very good job! 1-2 finish is probably the best start to a season. Alonso and Felipe had a good drive. Hopefully Felipe will respond to Alonso's victory in Melbourne. I don't like Alonso for some reason even though he's a good driver. Nonetheless, it was a great racing comeback from Felipe.

However, Vettel was the driver of the day. That was really tragic for him to lose his position like that. He was completely in control of the race till the exhaust problem.

Also, Button is probably the most undeserving champion ever. What a lucky guy.

The track was boring as hell. It was a yawn-fest. The rule changes suck too. Bring back re-fueling! There is no more pit strategy and drama. If this is going to be the format for the races this season, it is going to be one boring season.

S. L.

Vettel is pissed and has no idea how many points he gets for fourth :lol
I hope the next race will be more exciting when the teams aren't overly cautionary about the tyres anymore

the no refueling is a bore and KERS was more fun too

kikanny said:
Bring back re-fueling! There is no more pit strategy and drama. If this is going to be the format for the races this season, it is going to be one boring season.

It wasn't like that the last time refueling was banned. It's really a problem of the retarded tyre rules. Back in the days the teams could use as many tyre sets as they wanted and they were not forced to start with the same tyres as from the qualifying or to use different types of tyres during a race. The result of this is to see drivers who drive very carefully instead of pushing hard all the time and produciung some action.

Aegus

They really should work on getting rid of that dirty air. And have a rule that says any car that produces dirty air is illegal.

Pimpwerx

Maybe the FIA should insist that Bridgestone bring two good tires to a track now too. If drivers are gonna be forced to use both compounds, don't make one completely gimped so that everyone ends up using the same strategy. If tires were more competitive, it might force teams to consider different strategies. PEACE.

Bah, my F1RaceManager team did terrible. Both drivers (Glock and Senna) and the engine (Virgin) out. Well, at least I got one (two? not sure) bet right.

Okay race- nothing terribly exciting, but at least something happened near the end to shake things up.

S. L.

SmashBrosAwesome said:
Bah, my F1RaceManager team did terrible. Both drivers (Glock and Senna) and the engine (Virgin) out. Well, at least I got one (two? not sure) bet right.

Okay race- nothing terribly exciting, but at least something happened near the end to shake things up.
Eh the best part was Kov and Glock fighting on the back. The rest was just uniform saving tyres, saving fuel, staying out of hot air. yawn

Jinjo

Pimpwerx said:
Maybe the FIA should insist that Bridgestone bring two good tires to a track now too. If drivers are gonna be forced to use both compounds, don't make one completely gimped so that everyone ends up using the same strategy. If tires were more competitive, it might force teams to consider different strategies. PEACE.

This too. It's almost like they gimp one tire on purpose for easier overtaking for people on the other tire/ That worked last season, but now it's just a race to the first pit stop, holding on to your tires as long as possible and then get the better tires. Except the problem is: everyone does this. Also, make 2 stops mandatory.

Also, 4-5 second pit stops are a dissappointment. DTM is doing it in 3 seconds you bunch of lazy bums.

DieH@rd

Banned
SmashBrosAwesome said:

Race was kinda boring [except troubles with Vetel]. Hopefully Austraila in 2 weeks will be better.

dejan

1268574514_extras_portada_2.jpg

Frawdder

Boring race.

Great result.

Shame about Vettel's issue because I'm sure he would've won that race. Let's hope it's not another season of unreliability for Red Bull.

avaya

What a snooze fest. New rules are mind numbinlgy shite. Q3 was a shitfest. Race was tear inducingly boring.

Yeah we won but meaningless, the Red Bull in the hands of Vettel is fucking fast. Pleased with Alonso, shame that Felipe had his problems.

I hate Bahrain. Who wants to race in the fucking desert on a mickey mouse piece of shit. I'd rather watch a race at Barcelona which says it all.

The old man needs to up his game, Britney has the advatnage at the moment and Britney is shit. At least he finished ahead of Button.

Hamilton is still godlike, how he managed to get is chrome breeze block into 3rd and still have that sort of pace was amazing.

Melbourne will be 1000x better race track. Will look like hot-sex on TV. The new rules? They will make that into a dull race as well.

Fuck this no refuelling bullshit.

Aegus

avaya said:
What a snooze fest. New rules are mind numbinlgy shite. Q3 was a shitfest. Race was tear inducingly boring.

Yeah we won but meaningless, the Red Bull in the hands of Vettel is fucking fast. Pleased with Alonso, shame that Felipe had his problems.

I hate Bahrain. Who wants to race in the fucking desert on a mickey mouse piece of shit. I'd rather watch a race at Barcelona which says it all.

The old man needs to up his game, Britney has the advatnage at the moment and Britney is shit. At least he finished ahead of Button.

Hamilton is still godlike, how he managed to get is chrome breeze block into 3rd and still have that sort of pace was amazing.

Melbourne will be 1000x better race track. Will look like hot-sex on TV. The new rules? They will make that into a dull race as well.

Fuck this no refuelling bullshit.

The race was about as boring as it was last year.

Arcticfox

Times were 5 seconds a lap off of qualifying speed at the end but the only difference was the state of the tires. I am surprised nobody got fresh tires in the last 20 laps.

avaya

Aegus said:
The race was about as boring as it was last year.

No not even close. No possibility for anyone to really overtake anyone else pretty much all through the top 12.

The race was over quicker last year too, we had to endure several more minutes of the shit this year.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Oh and Ferrari is always good on this track
4x first place, 4x second place and one third place in seven races

And whole bag of problems with Ferrari engines today - both Saubers out, STR overheating, Massa overheating...

moojito

Aye, I don't think too many people like Bahrain, but I'm sure those guys can write a cheque so big it sounds like a brick when it hits the table. I'm fairly sure that new section won't be there next year. Noone liked it at all.

Obviously a perfect result for Ferarri. Ominous signs indeed!

Re-introduce ground effects, turbos, single-deck diffusers, smaller rear/front wings, unlimited testing, and ban all of Tilke's tracks except Turkey. ;)

A man can dream, although there were rumours in 2007 that turbos were to be re-introduced in 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom