• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
RBR is just too fast. Almost half a second over Ferrari and over a second to Mclaren and other teams.

Strange stuff happening in Team UK, they are REALLY struggling with EBD. This 3 week break will be welcome for them.

Britprog

DrM said:
RBR is just too fast. Almost half a second over Ferrari and over a second to Mclaren and other teams.

Strange stuff happening in Team UK, they are REALLY struggling with EBD. This 3 week break will be welcome for them.

Its a 4 week break BTW!

Yeah the macca boys are in trouble this weekend, hoping for a miracle to get podium!!!

Easy 1-2 for Red Bull I guess!!!

The Vettel number 1st of course.

Pimpwerx

S. L. said:
heh, i can finally afford a 100% RBR setup :)
Because I was an idiot, I have to settle for PDLR as my #2 instead of Hulk. Short of bad luck, you're gonna hold that lead for another month. PEACE.

Britprog

Toying with the idea of changing my engine from Ferrari to Red Bull, but I guess Ferrari will be fast at Spa as it is an engine track.

S. L.

Pimpwerx said:
Because I was an idiot, I have to settle for PDLR as my #2 instead of Hulk. Short of bad luck, you're gonna hold that lead for another month. PEACE.
i never strayed from my path to get 100% RBR from the very first few races on :lol
kinda payed off not giving in into short term cravings i guess

Goldrusher

My team for the weekend: Vettel, Kovalainen, Renault, Red Bull, Total

In other news, Cypher Group withdrew their 2011 application.

We remain completely committed to developing a credible and viable Formula One team and were able to raise a considerable amount of sponsorship and interest in recent months. However after much deliberation, we have decided that the budget we have is not sufficient to allow us to pursue the project in a manner befitting the series. It was not an easy decision, but one made out of respect for the FIA Formula One World Championship and our loyal supporters.

Dead Man

Damn 4 hour delay this weekend for qualy. :( Oh well I would have missed it live anyway. Changed from macca to Ferrari chassis, still RBR engine. We'll see.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
RBR is killing the competition, over one second faster so far on FP3

Track is very green, due to overnight rain and also very dusty on some parts. Also, traffic can screw some drivers today.

There are some rumors, that RBR is using flexible floor on their car with cooperation with flexible front wing.

Juicy Bob

Dummy qualy runs about to begin. Let's see if the Red Bulls really are over the hill and far away this weekend.

Edit: Yes. Yes they are.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Alonso on supersoft tyre - 1:21.000
RBR on hard tyre - 1:19.940
Webber on supersoft tyre - 1:19.574

So, RBR in another dimension this weekend.

moojito

In a way we've been quite fortunate the red bulls have had such terrible reliability problems and bad luck with crashes etc. Otherwise a lot of races could have been very boring indeed.

Bobo

S. L. said:
meh, Kobayashi out.
Was held up by some HRT on the last lap i think
Yeah I think it was Senna, and to make matters worse as Kobayashi came into the pits he ran the red light for scrutineering.

S. L.

Vettel 1:19.5 with primes :lol
They gonna crack the 1:18 with options in Q3

Ferrari and RBR wings pretty much touching the ground :lol

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
S. L. said:
meh, Kobayashi out.
Was held up by some HRT on the last lap i think
Yep, a shame really.

Well, this is the RBR show this afternoon, the only question is who will get pole, Vettel or Webber? McLaren struggling, I think both Ferraris (with Alonso a lock for 3rd) and perhaps the Renaults will beat them in Q3.

Watching the front wings on the BBC, the RBR is flexing like nobodies business, the Ferrari isn't exactly rigid too, I think McLaren are just angry that they have been caught on the hop, after all they made this "F-Duct" which bends the rules too.

Stop It

Well that's Button gone, De La Rosa and Hulkenberg dumped him out of Q2! This McLaren is clearly a bit of a dog at the moment. Petrov clearly has noticed that I have called him useless by getting 4th, somehow.

Q3 time, I'll call Webber to get pole, against my better judgement, I think he will snatch this one.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Good job, Jenson, good job

This race will be a total snoozefest, but i still hope for some 1st corner carnage :D

Stop It

Webber posts a 1:19.184, that Red Bull car is powered by fucking magic.

Vettel even faster? Christ we're going to break 1:18 aren't we? Yes, 1:18.773. Just unreal, absolutely a class apart. Formula 1? More like Formula Red Bull!

Stop It

Vettel crosses the line with only 7 seconds to go, he's trying to eke every last millisecond out of that track. Surely he can't improve on his time?

Webber not improving, so Vettel confirmed on pole. Holy crap how is this car doing this? This car is FASTER than the 2004 Ferrari! Vettel on pole, Webber 2nd, Alonso 3rd, Massa 4th, Hamilton 5th.

Dilly said:
Offcourse it's not good enough Legard, 0.4 off the pace in the second sector isn't going to give you pole.
I was half expecting him to say that Hamiltons 1st sector time was so good he might have a chance at pole or something equally wrong.

Anywho, barring mechanical issues, tomorrow will be the RBR show, I haven't seen such a dominant performance since the Ferrari team circa 2002-2004.

moojito

inflatahands-450x337.jpg

Goldrusher

Oh wow, and Petrov beat Kubica ?!

Code:
Pos  Driver         Team                   Q1         Q2          Q3
 1.  Vettel         Red Bull-Renault       1:20.417   1:19.573   1:18.773
 2.  Webber         Red Bull-Renault       1:21.132   1:19.531   1:19.184
 3.  Alonso         Ferrari                1:21.278   1:20.237   1:19.987
 4.  Massa          Ferrari                1:21.299   1:20.857   1:20.331
 5.  Hamilton       McLaren-Mercedes       1:21.455   1:20.877   1:20.499
 6.  Rosberg        Mercedes               1:21.212   1:20.811   1:21.082
 7.  Petrov         Renault                1:21.558   1:20.797   1:21.229
 8.  Kubica         Renault                1:21.159   1:20.867   1:21.328
 9.  de la Rosa     Sauber-Ferrari         1:21.891   1:21.273   1:21.411
10.  Hulkenberg     Williams-Cosworth      1:21.598   1:21.275   1:21.710
11.  Button         McLaren-Mercedes       1:21.422   1:21.292
12.  Barrichello    Williams-Cosworth      1:21.478   1:21.331
13.  Sutil          Force India-Mercedes   1:22.080   1:21.517
14.  Schumacher     Mercedes               1:21.840   1:21.630
15.  Buemi          Toro Rosso-Ferrari     1:21.982   1:21.897
16.  Liuzzi         Force India-Mercedes   1:21.789   1:21.927
17.  Alguersuari    Toro Rosso-Ferrari     1:21.978   1:21.998
18.  Kobayashi      Sauber-Ferrari         1:22.222
19.  Glock          Virgin-Cosworth        1:24.050
20.  Kovalainen     Lotus-Cosworth         1:24.120
21.  Trulli         Lotus-Cosworth         1:24.199
22.  di Grassi      Virgin-Cosworth        1:25.118
23.  Senna          HRT-Cosworth           1:26.391
24.  Yamamoto       HRT-Cosworth           1:26.453

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Could be interesting start, 1st, 3rd and 5th place are on the clean side, so Webber and Massa good luck tommorow. Even if Alonso overtake Webber, RBR is sooo much faster in S2 and S3 and Webber could easily get back into 2nd place.

Whitmarsh: "We are the quickest of the fixed wing vehicles" :lol :lol :lol

Mad_Ban

Phenomenal pace from the Red Bulls. Go Vettel. :D

"The car felt good in practice but it felt horrible in qualifying." schtik from Button is getting old now. I've heard him use that excuse atleast 3 times.

Stop It

Whitmarsh: Oh bitch bitch bitch regarding the front wings on RBR and Ferrari. Quick note to McLaren: F-Duct!

Stop moaning and get making the thing yourselves.

Bobo

Goldrusher said:
Oh wow, and Petrov beat Kubica ?!
Kubica made a mistake at turn 2 (locked up / ran wide.)

I hope for some good battles tomorrow with Kobayashi and Button coming through the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom