• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxya

I think it finally makes sense why Ferrari kept Massa and let Kimi go. Kimi wouldn't have let anyone past.

Then again, Kimi would've been miles ahead anyway :lol

Lince said:
whoever said www.planet-f1.com was a good place to read on....

oh yes of course, look this competitor had a failure on his bike and Contador just kept going and that was all, it's the same as asking Vettel to wait for Hamilton because the latter just had a puncture, what a pile of shit from the British tabloids, Spain can't even win the Tour de France without calling it "unfair". These journos are like mad kids playing around in school, not a hint of professionalism or respect. At least they didn't try to make a comment on another Spaniard, Jorge Lorenzo, winning MotoGP yesterday.

Come on, thats a shit comparison. Contador attacked the yellow jersey when he had a breakdown which according to the unwritten rules of cycling, you just don't do. I can't tell you how many times Jans Ullrich will look at footage of Armstrong crashing twice in a stage and him not attacking to get an advantage and instead waiting for Armstrong to get back.
How did you expect the French to react, to just open their arms and accept a guy who shit, in their opinion, on the honor of their great sporting event.
Contador did an excellent job at the tour, but to not highlight why he won would be kind of silly and disingenous to the racing media

Lince

Banned
yet Contador get not praise for letting Schleck win the Tourmalet, double standards for the win. Oh and Contador would have won anyway, he was better than Schleck on Saturday, it is silly to remember the mechanical failure now, even Contador apologized several times for that, but hey, this guy won it unfair! it's "only" his 3rd Tour de France win in a row but anyway, burn him! :lol

edit: added some drama, and bonus Alonso quotes from the latest Spanish news:

Parece que a algunos ingleses no les ha gustado mi victoria

"seems like some British didn't enjoy my win"

Cuando hacemos octavos caemos mucho más simpáticos.

"when we finish 8th we get all the sympathy (from the British Press)"

Lince

Banned
NHale said:
And to McLaren fans, do you remember Monaco 2007? It seems you are having a problem remember that race. It was the race Fernando Alonso in a McLaren was leading and Hamilton was right behind and after the last pit stop, Ron Dennis said in the radio to Lewis "Hold station". After the race Lewis was fuming and said something about being the #2 driver in the team, Ron Dennis was even summed to talk to the stewards. Of course, hold station was no team order, right?.

Jenson! fuel level critical, fuel level is critical!!!

:lol :lol

similar faces in the Macca 1-2 podium that day to those of yesterday, team orders are always in place, but when it's Ferrari and Alonso...

Pterion

The persecution complex is strong here. And for heaven's sakes, how many times do we need to explain to some of you guys the difference between ''conserve fuel'' to finish the race (a legitimate order, given that the cars are sometimes underfueled) VS a driver deliberately gifting a win to his teammate?

rfus

Lince said:
yet Contador get not praise for letting Schleck win the Tourmalet, double standards for the win. Oh and Contador would have won anyway, he was better than Schleck on Saturday, it is silly to remember the mechanical failure now, even Contador apologized several times for that, but hey, this guy won it unfair! it's "only" his 3rd Tour de France win in a row but anyway, burn him! :lol

So do you follow F1 and Cycling ? Or just Contador and Alonso ?

*edit*

Lince said:
yes Macca underfuel their cars and a fairy just visited my house turning my dog into a Dragon

That just answered my question. If you actually followed the sport you would know that all the top teams have been under fueling their cars this year.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Wish people would stop moaning about 'McClaren fans', this is nothing to do with anti-ferrari sentiment, its to do with an ugly side of the sport being thrown into peoples faces again.

I'm a McClaren fan and I know this punishment is posturing from the FIA, everyone knows team orders exist up and down the grid, Ferrari are only being punished because they brought it to the worlds attention. Which is a ridiculous way to run a sport.

And how you can even have a team orders rule when the teams have legitimate excuses to do things like pit cars at different times and turn down engine revs is just totally beyond me.

Ferrari could even have ordered Massa into the pits and changed his tyres again, yet its somehow against the rules to just ask him to let his team mate through?

Yet again though, the FIA refuse to acknowledge the facts and work solely to protect the 'image' of F1, regardless of how broken it is underneath the shiny veneer.

Pimpwerx

Lince said:
yes Macca underfuel their cars and a fairy just visited my house turning my dog into a Dragon
I love that you're a real Fonso fan. You've put up a good defense, and I don't think anyone will fault you for it. Just realize, you're gonna run out of steam soon. So I would suggest finding someone else to deflect the blame to. Might I suggest Dominecali? :lol

Trust me...I went through the same thing in 01 and 02. Get ready to defend this position at least twice a year. If you're lucky, they'll remove Hockenheim from the calendar completely. It helped not having to revisit the Austrian incident everytime the A-1 Ring showed up on the calendar. :lol

That said, this season has delivered some lulz. Subzero missed an epic season. :D PEACE.

Igo

Lince said:

:lol :lol :lol

Lets ignore the Brazilian press asking whether Massa has destroyed his reputation, the finnish press asking Seb if he's proud that his team didn't make the same decision (though they surely made an backhanded attempt), and the Italian press confirming that it was blatant team orders and that Alonso probably wouldn't have gotten past without the radio communication.

Clearly the British media has orchestrated all of this to make Alonso look bad.

Lince said:
Jenson! fuel level critical, fuel level is critical!!!

:lol :lol

similar faces in the Macca 1-2 podium that day to those of yesterday, team orders are always in place, but when it's Ferrari and Alonso...

:lol :lol :lol Victim's mentality. It would have been the same reaction had it been Webber or Vettel, or even Massa.

And you're right that Lewis was wearing the same expression as Massa after that race. McLaren should have never put Lewis in that position to begin with. He had the fuel to finish at his original pace before being told to slow to the time they gave him. Much of the British press questioned whether there were team orders at play then too. Eddie Jordan straight up asked Whitmarsh on live tv multiple times.

Btw, yesterday Lewis had to save fuel until the last 4 or so laps while Jenson was free to race him the entire time.

This race reminded me of Indy 07 where Alonso couldn't get past Lewis and spent most of the time whining. Completely different result there though.

Pimpwerx

Ghost said:
Wish people would stop moaning about 'McClaren fans', this is nothing to do with anti-ferrari sentiment, its to do with an ugly side of the sport being thrown into peoples faces again.

I'm a McClaren fan and I know this punishment is posturing from the FIA, everyone knows team orders exist up and down the grid, Ferrari are only being punished because they brought it to the worlds attention. Which is a ridiculous way to run a sport.

And how you can even have a team orders rule when the teams have legitimate excuses to do things like pit cars at different times and turn down engine revs is just totally beyond me.

Ferrari could even have ordered Massa into the pits and changed his tyres again, yet its somehow against the rules to just ask him to let his team mate through?

Yet again though, the FIA refuse to acknowledge the facts and work solely to protect the 'image' of F1, regardless of how broken it is underneath the shiny veneer.
I actually prefer Ferrari do it in public because it is the most-fair to the drivers. McLaren was very clever (which made it obvious) with their team orders in the late 90's. DC would always have to pit late in the race for some gremlin, and it was a passable excuse thanks to Newey. But it doesn't give the driver credit for a good race.

I like that Rubens and Felipe are allowed to still show that are the superior driver on the day. It gives them credit for their job. I know Ferrari would have preferred Massa do it discreetly, but now everyone knows the score. The rule really needs to be overturned. Yesterday showed how pointless it is. PEACE.

Lince

Banned
wha? I don't even like Fernando Alonso, I used to be a Kimi and MSC fan. I'm just disappointed with the British press attitude even when they know first hand team rules have been at play plenty of times before even at Macca. Anyway as I said somewhere before the off-track F1 action is much more interesting to follow than the actual races :D , I watched MotoGP yesterday night and boy what a difference, these guys have balls, watching an injured Valentino Rossi (God) making his way to the podium almost made me cry tears of happiness, that's the real pinnacle of motorsports to me (if we're talking about sports and not cutting-edge state-of-the-art engine and aero technology).

Lince

Banned
Pimpwerx said:
I like that Rubens and Felipe are allowed to still show that are the superior driver on the day. It gives them credit for their job.

Vettel and Alonso were the superior drivers yesterday, if not for Vettel's dirty move off the start line Massa hadn't be gifted #1. Just remember Felipe locking tires around like crazy with the harder compound and Alonso behind him trying to avoid a crash, "this is ridiculous".

edit: best post I found from a British fan, now this is common sense and savoir-faire

What I find difficult to understand is why people are so surprised to see that team orders in F1 exists and have always existed. The only difference between this case and any other that we often see during almost every race weekend is that on this particular occasion, Ferrari did themselves no favours in the way they handled the situation. There is absolutely no difference between saying to a driver “Ok, so, Alonso is faster than you, please confirm that you have understood this message” than to give other commands like “Hold station”, “Save fuel” or “Look after your tyres” when what the team is really telling their drivers is to refrain from attacking each other in order to avoid any incident that could lead to both cars colliding with each other.

The only difference of course is that whilst Ferrari made their intentions blatant to the whole world, other instructions are usually coded and not so conspicuous, but at the end of the day, we cannot be fooled by this, as this is very much common practice in F1. Does it not constitute team orders the fact that team mate’s have to respect positions and are not allowed to attack each other? How do people think they reach such agreement between the two drivers if it’s not for the fact that it’s the team who give them explicit orders not to attack each other? Is this not TEAM ORDERS?

Just a few races ago we saw an incident in which two team mates that were battling it out for first place. Both drivers from the same team ended up colliding and loosing what should have finished a one/two finish for them. In that same race, team orders were given to the other two drivers who eventually went on to take first and second place, to hold back from attacking each other. In principal, what is the difference between that case and this most recent one? NONE! In both cases, the drivers involved were not allowed to race to their maximum potential for the benefit of the team, as the driver who was second, which at that point had the better race pace, had to content himself with second place.

Make no mistake that I would have much preferred for Alonso to have overtaken Massa under real race conditions, but this is practically impossible on most tracks, especially when we are talking about two drivers which are driving identical cars. Alonso was faster than Massa all weekend and he clearly showed this by playing cat and mouse with him during some parts of the race. On one occasion before the incident, he deliberately allowed Massa to gain a 3.5 second gap to then get up right behind him in just a matter of a few laps. I guess this was Alonso’s way to say to the team that he was not prepared to sit behind a much slower team mate, especially when Vettel was closing up on both Ferrari drivers.

Yes, this is definitely not what F1 fans want to see, and I include myself in that category, but we need to get out of this hypocritical mode that we tend to get ourselves in, especially when something that our favourite drivers or teams do almost every week is then done by someone else.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
AndyD said:
I think part of the difference was that the drivers then did not have control of the car building, so they were just drivers, they were innocent of sorts.

Here, a driver actively did something to affect the outcome knowing what he was doing at the instruction of the team. Alonso is not as much to blame here as Massa is for following directions. Alonso is pretty much innocent, but he received the benefits of others' meddling.

According to the court case, the drivers knew they had the Ferrari specs and they were loaded into their simulator.

Igo

The point is, if you think there's some British or world media agenda against Alonso and overall Spanish sporting success, you need to have your head checked.

You act like McLaren weren't questioned about team orders after Istanbul, when they were, and the situation wasn't nearly as blatant as this.

The only agenda the British press have is to build up and then tear down their own athletes. Wouldn't the daily mail et al. just love for Lewis' and Jenson's relationship to fall apart. They haven't stopped asking about it since before the season began. So far they've had to settle for the nonsense at Redbull but they certainly haven't stopped searching for any cracks that might appear at McLaren.

Lucius86

Banned
I can't believe people honestly think that press are singling out Ferrari here. Hello, did you not see the incident? It was one of the biggest cock ups on TV we have seen for quite a while. It is in clear breach of the rules. Just because people do it on the sly all the time doesn't mean it's right. Rules are rules. Ferrari clearly broke them. IMO both cars should be DQ for the result - simple as.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Lucius86 said:
I can't believe people honestly think that press are singling out Ferrari here. Hello, did you not see the incident? It was one of the biggest cock ups on TV we have seen for quite a while. It is in clear breach of the rules. Just because people do it on the sly all the time doesn't mean it's right. Rules are rules. Ferrari clearly broke them. IMO both cars should be DQ for the result - simple as.

Let's be perfectly clear about a few things here:

1. The rule is ridiculous. Whether you believe that team orders are a bad thing or not, the rules as it is written is completely unenforceable, because it's too easy to circumvent.

2. The rule does, however, exist, and not to enforce it when it can be enforced is unacceptable.

3. Ferrari not only broke the rule, but broken it blatantly and openly, and have said that they will continue to break it in the future.

I don't like team orders, because it deprives us of battles between drivers in equal cars. But given the nature of F1, eventually we'll have to accept that this is the way it's going to be; that a team can use one driver to benefit another. Many other team racing sports accept this.

Against that, the appropriate way to deal with this is not to simply break the rules openly and brag about it. By doing this, Ferrari are bringing the sport into disrepute and should be punished, preferably harshly. The drivers shouldn't be as harshly treated IMO, because although they're complicit in breaking the rule, they're not responsible for the way in which it's done and the subsequent statements from Ferrari.

Best case scenario on reflection; give Massa the win and Alonso second place, big fine and points docked from Ferrari (possibly even disqualification), start discussions on removing the team orders rule from next season.

Lince said:
Vettel and Alonso were the superior drivers yesterday, if not for Vettel's dirty move off the start line Massa hadn't be gifted #1.

Some might argue that holding off a faster driver for a substantial part of the race is a sign of superior driving. If Alonso was 'superior' to that extent, I understand F1 rules still permit overtaking.

Lucius86

Banned
iapetus said:
Let's be perfectly clear about a few things here:

1. The rule is ridiculous. Whether you believe that team orders are a bad thing or not, the rules as it is written is completely unenforceable, because it's too easy to circumvent.

2. The rule does, however, exist, and not to enforce it when it can be enforced is unacceptable.

3. Ferrari not only broke the rule, but broken it blatantly and openly, and have said that they will continue to break it in the future.

Agree on all 3 points. The rule is silly without proper enforcement. It either needs to be heavily policed (highly unlikely and things will still get through the net) or banished entirely. However, as it stands, the rule is there, and Ferrari are guilty of breaking it.

Why oh why does F1 always result in politics :-(

I think some people have forgotten why the rule is in place - it's there for the enjoyment of the spectators. Whenever I hear people saying the most important aspect of F1 is the team, its a total load of bollocks. Without the fans, sponsors would not pour in wads of money into the sport, and suddenly the amount of money in F1 is crippled. We, as the fans, have been robbed of a potentially amazing finale through team orders. How is that entertaining to watch??

Goldrusher

14lt211.gif

Lince

Banned
iapetus said:
Some might argue that holding off a faster driver for a substantial part of the race is a sign of superior driving. If Alonso was 'superior' to that extent, I understand F1 rules still permit overtaking.

same overtaking as Webber on Vettel? Alonso knows better than that, Massa was locking tyres like crazy and any move on him could have ended in disaster, so he left him go and build a 4 secs gap only to catch up in a few laps and show who was faster enough but unwilling to risk the race, Alonso deserved the win, Massa deserved the win, but who needed it more? why Ferrari decided it was Alonso? why were they so naive with the radio messages? I guess we will never get the full story. Having said that I couldn't care less about Fernando or Felipe, bring Kimi back and we'll talk.

ElyrionX

I really don't understand what the fuss is all about. It's ultimately a team sport and the fact that team orders are disallowed in the first place is just ridiculous.

Also peope didn't kick up half as much fuss when Hamilton blatantly overtook the safety car which, IMO, is an even bigger offense than this team orders crap.

Pimpwerx

ElyrionX said:
I really don't understand what the fuss is all about. It's ultimately a team sport and the fact that team orders are disallowed in the first place is just ridiculous.

Also peope didn't kick up half as much fuss when Hamilton blatantly overtook the safety car which, IMO, is an even bigger offense than this team orders crap.
But he got penalized in the race for that. It was only a happy coincidence that the penalty didn't hurt him. If Kobayashi wasn't where he was, Lewis would have lost a ton of places. Pure luck that one. PEACE.

Lince

Banned
Pimpwerx said:
But he got penalized in the race for that. It was only a happy coincidence that the penalty didn't hurt him. If Kobayashi wasn't where he was, Lewis would have lost a ton of places. Pure luck that one. PEACE.

keep fooling yourself, the stewards took enough time so the drive through wouldn't hurt, Hamilton should have been disqualified the very moment the stewards noticed a DT wouldn't be enough, not exactly the same case and outcome with the polemic Alonso/Kubica incident right? F1 stinks.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Lince said:
same overtaking as Webber on Vettel?

Same overtaking as any other driver on any other driver. Same overtaking as he'd have had to do if Webber or Hamilton or Schumacher or anyone else was driving the car in front of him. I don't see how this is so difficult for you to grasp.

Lince said:
Alonso deserved the win, Massa deserved the win, but who needed it more?

Irrelevant. At the end of the day, the person who crosses the line first without breaking the rules deserves the win. That would have been Massa. That was Vettel.

Lince said:
why Ferrari decided it was Alonso? why were they so naive with the radio messages? I guess we will never get the full story.

Because they think they're sufficiently important to be able to ignore rules that they don't like, pure and simple. Sorry, but there's no other explanation for their behaviour during and after the race. They don't like the rule, they don't think it's enforced in some cases, so they deliberately chose to flaunt it and challenge the FIA to do something about it if they dare.

Other teams have been punished in the past - and rightly so - for that level of disrespect for the sport. Ferrari deserve to be next, and if that impacts on Alonso and Massa for being complicit in the infractions, that's the way it has to be.

Lince said:
Having said that I couldn't care less about Fernando or Felipe, bring Kimi back and we'll talk.

Your post history suggests otherwise, but perhaps that's just tied up with your delusional conspiracy theory about the British press trying to put down Spain.

Lince

Banned
iapetus said:
Your post history suggests otherwise, but perhaps that's just tied up with your delusional conspiracy theory about the British press trying to put down Spain.

oh come on don't be so harsh :lol the Tour de Frace reference was too funny and out of place to miss, I just had to comment on that. And about Fernando, well, apart from Button and sometimes Webber I don't know what other driver deserves my support, it's only normal that sometimes I tend to defend my national fellow.

Pimpwerx

Lince said:
keep fooling yourself, the stewards took enough time so the drive through wouldn't hurt, Hamilton should have been disqualified the very moment the stewards noticed a DT wouldn't be enough, not exactly the same case and outcome with the polemic Alonso/Kubica incident right? F1 stinks.
If Kobayashi wasn't where he was, how long do you think the stewards would have waited for that gap to materialize? That's right, it wouldn't have materialized. To think the stewards orchestrated that fluke is beyond ridiculous. How were they supposed to know Kobayashi wouldn't pit in when everyone else did? That's tinfoil hat stuff. PEACE.

Leonsito

So, the situation in the Spanish press this days is:

Schumacher, Hamilton overtake their teammate -> BAN THEM !! TEAM ORDER !! OMG BIGGEST CHEATERS EVAH !!!!

Alonso overtakes his teammate -> BAN MASSA !! UNBAN TEAM ORDERS THEY ARE LEGAL !! DESERVED VICTORY !! THE GREATEST ONE EVER IS BACK !!

Fucking hypocrites, this country is full of double-standard people with very short memory.

NHale

ElyrionX said:

I don't agree with the 2nd part. The Hamilton "situation" is a different situation and is expected by now.

Regarding team orders it's hilarious because people tend to forget what happened in the past. All the teams do it and in the last 3 or 4 races of the season, it's done in a very open way. Nobody had a problem when Massa gave the 1st position at Interlagos a couple of years ago, and everybody saw that. And unless I'm missing something, all races count the same for the end result.

Like you said it's a team sport, so team orders shouldn't be banned. Imagine if Alonso lost the championship by 4 points. Just imagine that for a second, Domenicali would be killed by the Italian press, all those that are screaming bloody murder would say "Ferrari is a disorganized bunch, they should have realized that Alonso was the only Ferrari driver fighting for WDC".

Leonsito said:
So, the situation in the Spanish press this days is:

Schumacher, Hamilton overtake their teammate -> BAN THEM !! TEAM ORDER !! OMG BIGGEST CHEATERS EVAH !!!!

Alonso overtakes his teammate -> BAN MASSA !! UNBAN TEAM ORDERS THEY ARE LEGAL !! DESERVED VICTORY !! THE GREATEST ONE EVER IS BACK !!

Fucking hypocrites, this country is full of double-standard people with very short memory.

The fact that you are pointing fingers at the Spanish press is also a double-standard. The German and British also does the same exact thing, so why go there unless you also have a very short memory?

Lince

Banned
Pimpwerx said:
If Kobayashi wasn't where he was, how long do you think the stewards would have waited for that gap to materialize? That's right, it wouldn't have materialized. To think the stewards orchestrated that fluke is beyond ridiculous. How were they supposed to know Kobayashi wouldn't pit in when everyone else did? That's tinfoil hat stuff. PEACE.

oh please they took 10+ laps to notice how Hamilton overtook the SC, the pinnacle of cutting-edge technology.

Leonsito

NHale said:
The fact that you are pointing fingers at the Spanish press is also a double-standard. The German and British also does the same exact thing, so why go there unless you also have a very short memory?

I'm Spanish, so I don't give a fuck about the British or German press, I'm pretty much sure they are the same shithole, but I have to criticise the arguments that I have to read and hear here, and they are fucking laughable.

As a Ferrari fan I had to suffer a lot of hate from almost everyone since 2002 (sometimes deserverd, some times not), being the worst season in 2006 with the infamous Alonso-Schumacher battle, and now suddenly Ferrari are victims of a prosecution, give me a fucking break fanboys (not calling you one, I'm just venting :D).

NHale

Leonsito said:
I'm Spanish, so I don't give a fuck about the British or German press, I'm pretty much sure they are the same shithole, but I have to criticise the arguments that I have to read and hear here, and they are fucking laughable.

As a Ferrari fan I had to suffer a lot of hate from almost everyone since 2002 (sometimes deserverd, some times not), being the worst season in 2006 with the infamous Alonso-Schumacher battle, and now suddenly Ferrari are victims of a prosecution, give me a fucking break fanboys (not calling you one, I'm just venting :D).

Spanish newspapers are always "great" but my point is that unfortunately it's the same thing everywhere.

Here on the
best :p
country of the Iberian Peninsula, they made a huge deal when Tiago Monteiro finished in the podium in Indianapolis and even one newspaper didn't mentioned the fact that all but 3 teams didn't raced because of the problems with Michelin tyres. Clearly beating Karthikeyan and the two Minardi's is nothing to brag at all :lol

Bobo

StoOgE said:
USGP news:

track is going to be in Elroy, TX which is spitting distance from about 1800 acres my parents own.

Red McCombs (founder of Clear Channel Communications, a bunch of auto dealerships former owner of the San Antonio Spurs, Denver Nuggets and Minnesota Vikings) is the primary investor.

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/sports/mccombs-invests-f1-site-revealed
Here is some old but good news for people like myself hoping for a track with elevation changes. I'm not sure if it has been posted.
"There is also going to be significant elevation – probably more than 100 feet of difference from top to bottom. There will be pretty views, and I think it will be a bit of a departure from the tracks that have been built recently for F1. So, in that regard, I am excited.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85287

Chris R

StoOgE said:
USGP news:

track is going to be in Elroy, TX which is spitting distance from about 1800 acres my parents own.

Red McCombs (founder of Clear Channel Communications, a bunch of auto dealerships former owner of the San Antonio Spurs, Denver Nuggets and Minnesota Vikings) is the primary investor.

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/sports/mccombs-invests-f1-site-revealed
Spitting distance? Have them build a kick ass temporary fan zone (complete with misters just in case the weather is too hot) and profit off overpriced booze and food :lol

edit: and as for the track, I'm still of the mind that for the track to really be a success there needs to a NASCAR race there as well. Two separate pit straights if needed (one for F1/MotoGP and one for the Stock Cars) and maybe a different course lay out, but they could run it like this next week instead of Pocozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz again.

Lince

Banned
Pterion said:
I hope you stick with us until the end of the season. :lol

I don't understand what was so funny, Hamilton broke the rules and got away unscathed, look, we can always agree to disagree but my opinions aren't laughable though, you sound quite elitist with the "stick with us" as "us" meaning GAF F1 elite or something and Lince providing the entertainment since he ain't supporting the Golden Boy, you for expample have been a lot of times clueless and hopelessly wrong with your comments as anyone else, so calm down and save the ":lol " for fairweather times.

Juicy Bob

I have to say, I do feel sorry for all the genuine Tifosi after this debacle. They're the ones who should really feel the most let-down by Ferrari's actions. Sod all the Man Utd-esque casual fans.

h3ro

Juicy Bob said:
I have to say, I do feel sorry for all the genuine Tifosi after this debacle. They're the ones who should really feel the most let-down by Ferrari's actions. Sod all the Man Utd-esque casual fans.

I don't want to get into the "true fan" argument, but I definitely was pulling for 'Nando to win the race but I had a bitter taste in my mouth after the switch was made. If he had pulled it off during the move he pulled on Felipe during overtaking backmarkers it'd be one thing, but to have it done blatant with the associated radio chatter was disappointing.

Sure the result is great for the team, they really needed this full tally, but the car's new found pace (via amazing additions by the team) are going to be overshadowed by this whole mess.

I hope Fernando comes out and has an amazing race in Hungary. Both him and Ferrari need to put Hockenheim behind them.

Igo

Lince said:
I don't understand what was so funny, Hamilton broke the rules and got away unscathed, look, we can always agree to disagree but my opinions aren't laughable though, you sound quite elitist with the "stick with us" as "us" meaning GAF F1 elite or something and Lince providing the entertainment since he ain't supporting the Golden Boy, you for expample have been a lot of times clueless and hopelessly wrong with your comments as anyone else, so calm down and save the ":lol " for fairweather times.

So did Webber last season for his first ever win in F1. I think Kubica was another one to 'get away' with a drive through without losing a position last year too. It's nothing new and certainly not exclusive to Hamilton in some FIA conspiracy to help him win the championship. Black flag... :lol :lol :lol

I for one don't care whether you stick around. You sure do talk some nonsense but are not at all entertaining like a proper troll would be.

Dead Man

Igo said:
So did Webber last season for his first ever win in F1. I think Kubica was another one to 'get away' with a drive through without losing a position last year too. It's nothing new and certainly not exclusive to Hamilton in some FIA conspiracy to help him win the championship. Black flag... :lol :lol :lol

I for one don't care whether you stick around. You sure do talk some nonsense but are not at all entertaining like a proper troll would be.
You mean his drive through that dropped him back to eighth?

kitch9

Banned
Lince said:

Its not about filling the things up until they spill fuel out of the nozzel........:lol

In a sport where underfilling a tire by 1PSI can cost you 2 10ths of a second per lap, and every KG of fuel can cost you a similar amount there is a lot to consider that smarter guys than us work out when it comes to fuel.

Sometimes things don't go to plan and they have to burn more fuel than anticipated if a driver is under pressure.

Its a fine balancing act, and a sum of all variables to which your average guy can only dream of being able to comprehend.

megateto

kitch9 said:
Its not about filling the things up until they spill fuel out of the nozzel........:lol

In a sport where underfilling a tire by 1PSI can cost you 2 10ths of a second per lap, and every KG of fuel can cost you a similar amount there is a lot to consider that smarter guys than us work out when it comes to fuel.

Sometimes things don't go to plan and they have to burn more fuel than anticipated if a driver is under pressure.

Its a fine balancing act, and a sum of all variables to which your average guy can only dream of being able to comprehend.

So you are absolutely sure that the fuel thing really refers to fuel levels and it's not a secret code to keep still?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom