• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Leonsito said:
Hamilton and Alonso already with the knife in mouth for tomorrow's start, Webber and Massa are fucked.
The only chance those 2 have is at the start, so they will forget where their brake pedals are during that first corner.

One thing is for sure, the first corner WILL see a crash, I hope involving Alonso, but more likely involving Hamilton and a luckless Massa. After that, unless if it rains...a steady race is inevitable with the RBR so far out in front it hurts.

Vettel: "The track suits us and suits our car." Understatement of the century.

Webber desperately needs a shave, he looks like he is a backpacker who has somehow got into the F1 press conference!

Leonsito

Stop It said:
The only chance those 2 have is at the start, so they will forget where their brake pedals are during that first corner.

One thing is for sure, the first corner WILL see a crash, I hope involving Alonso, but more likely involving Hamilton and a luckless Massa. After that, unless if it rains...a steady race is inevitable with the RBR so far out in front it hurts.

Vettel: "The track suits us and suits our car." Understatement of the century.

I'm pretty much sure that Alonso will overtake Webber at the start, it's up to RBR to get that position back in the pits, and Vettel better watch out too, the first corner is far away from the start line and if Alonso makes a good start ...

A 5 car crash tomorrow would be fun :lol

Deadman

Quite insane domination. I just hope that they run 1-2 in the race so they both have to push, rather than alonso holding up webber for ages and removing the challenge.

Hamilton should take massa quite easily before the first corner. He has f duct, the clean side of the track and the 3rd longest run from start-first corner.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Leonsito said:
A 5 car crash tomorrow would be fun :lol
Yeah, both RBRs, Ferraris and Hamilton out in the first corner. Now that would be something :lol

It will be crucial for Vettel to get a good start and also for Alonso. Lewis is also good on starts. The main 'crash danger' comes from 2nd and 4th place, Webber and Massa. Webber will try to do his best to keep 2nd place and Massa could be in some 'I will show you, Alonso' mood :D

Also, kudos to TV director for some front wings closeups

Pimpwerx

avaya said:
It's amazing how those wings are legal.
I'm fine with them allowing it. My issue is that the stewards ignore the clear video evidence. The argument about the camera angle being different is complete and utter bullshit. If they're gonna ignore clear video evidence, then I can only hope the other teams can get on terms with their own flexible wings. I'm surprised it wasn't banned as Newey's cars have been failure-prone this season. I didn't think they'd allow a tolerance-testing design like this through. Images of Buemi's front suspension grenading on him had to have crossed their minds.

Oh yeah, I woke up on time for qualies, but since I'd watched Saturday practice earlier, I knew it was a done deal. I slept through it and know I didn't miss much. Tomorrow's race...zzzzzZZZZZzzzzzzz. I'll watch it though. Go Hammy! :D PEACE.

Pimpwerx

S. L. said:
[racemanager]got the maximum possible points out of Quali: 475 :D [/racemanager]
Whoa! How the hell can you afford Webber and Vettel? Even with the bonus question, I'm off that kind of money. Wow! You're gonna gap everyone this weekend. :O PEACE.

Felipe, Alonso is faster than you. This words can't be more true. The bulls are rockets, tomorrow maybe we can exepect some fireworks at the start, Vettel behavior at the starts is dangerous, Webber is crazy and Massa is going to disappear under Hamilton's mighty hammer.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Check GP2 start replay and you will see how awful the dirty side of this track really is.

This track is abandoned for most of the year, some races in spring and during summer, and this is it.

S. L.

Pimpwerx said:
Whoa! How the hell can you afford Webber and Vettel? Even with the bonus question, I'm off that kind of money. Wow! You're gonna gap everyone this weekend. :O PEACE.
as i mentioned before. i pretty much went straight from Force India/Sutil at the beginning of the season to RBR. Never got any of the In between guys just because i could afford them like many others did (Renault!) or changed my team because of single race advantages of other teams (Ferrari/McL). Also got a bit lucky with my low end drivers (Buemi at beginning-mid, after that Kobayashi)
actually have a few millions left now :lol

I hope they don't screw up the start tomorrow >_<

DrM

Redmond's Baby
ExtraKr1spy said:
I expect one(possibly both) of the RBR drivers to choke at the start.
Webber will. I would be beyond awesome if Massa or Hamilton emerged as leader after 1st corner :lol

DrM

Redmond's Baby
FIA is inspecting RBR, Ferrari and Mclaren front wings again, according to John Legard twitter. Mclaren and Mercedes GP asked FIA for rules clarification, before they start pursuing similar solutions.

Also, 5 grid penalty for Kobayashi, due to driving into pitlane with red light on in Q1

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Good that Alonso is on the clean side of the track. Probably his only chance to jump Webber. Can't believe it is almost 3 seconds to 10th.

AcridMeat

Banned
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

Qualifying was at 2am local time, not 2pm Saturday, fuckin damn it.

I had over 22 million to spend, was going to finally have a Red Bull/McL combo and an upgraded driver. Best part, I didn't even set bets. Why do I constantly screw myself.

Also Red Bull blah blah, Ferrari.

Pimpwerx

AcridMeat said:
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

Qualifying was at 2am local time, not 2pm Saturday, fuckin damn it.

I had over 22 million to spend, was going to finally have a Red Bull/McL combo and an upgraded driver. Best part, I didn't even set bets. Why do I constantly screw myself.

Also Red Bull blah blah, Ferrari.
If AtlasF1 steals our caps, we'll know who to blame. ;)

DrM said:
FIA is inspecting RBR, Ferrari and Mclaren front wings again, according to John Legard twitter. Mclaren and Mercedes GP asked FIA for rules clarification, before they start pursuing similar solutions.

Also, 5 grid penalty for Kobayashi, due to driving into pitlane with red light on in Q1
As I said in an earlier post, their front wing has flexed for years. They've had that unsupported top wing that anyone with working eyes can see flexes at speed. It's the only reason they wouldn't have put a support for it. I'm fine with them inspecting it though. If the Ferrari and Red Bull wings get taken down in the process, it'll be a fair trade. :lol PEACE.

Chris R

RBR dominance this race and then a really long break so the other major players can have a clone ready for Spa. Hoping for a good race tomorrow, but unless it rains it will just be a processional once again :(

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Factories will be closed for two weeks in this summer break

FIA will release verdict about this flexible wing tommorow, they are comparing RBR and Ferrari front wing to Mclaren front wing.

Chris R

DrM said:
Oh, I kinda forgot about that. I guess no work at all can be done then? Might make having a cloned wing ready for the next race challenging.

S. L.

DrM said:

FIA will release verdict about this flexible wing tommorow, they are comparing RBR and Ferrari front wing to Mclaren front wing.
my guess is there will be a new testing method for the wings from the next race on. ie. not only 50Nm pull but twice or thrice that...

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Plans for race:
A) Start --> First corner carnage --> I will watch it for some time
B) Start --> Nothing happens in the first corner --> Nap time :lol

S. L.

Foliorum Viridum said:
Kinda boring qualifying because it was obvious nobody was going to touch Red Bull. :lol
Qualitfying was kinda awesome because nobody could touch Red Bull :D

DrM said:
Plans for race:
A) Start --> First corner carnage --> I will watch it for some time
B) Start --> Nothing happens in the first corner --> Nap time :lol
yeah, aside from the start the race will be a snoozefest

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Don't worry. Webber will crash into vettel on the first corner and you will have an entertaining first 30 seconds then a dull race.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Hungaroring racetrack is closest F1 race for me, closely followed by Monza (both are around 540 km from here). Closest was A1 ring (200 km) , which i visited when i was 13 (Hakkinen won that race in 1998, Mclaren 1st and 2nd, The Old One 3rd).

mrklaw

MrArseFace
S. L. said:
my guess is there will be a new testing method for the wings from the next race on. ie. not only 50Nm pull but twice or thrice that...
Or adjust where they place pressure?

Bloody kobayashi. I spend 8mil moving up from him to buemi last go, then his stock goes above buemis, so I spend a further 8mill getting him back for this weekend. And he's starting from the back of the fucking grid.

Why are mclaren going backwards these last two races? Didn't think RBR had any major upgrades, is it just the track suiting them better?

DrM

Redmond's Baby
mrklaw said:
Why are mclaren going backwards these last two races? Didn't think RBR had any major upgrades, is it just the track suiting them better?
1) Problems with EBD implementation, rain in Hockenheim + Lewis crash there cost the team lots of precious testing kilometers.
2) Flexible wing situation aka 'We do not know how to make this stuff'
3) Upgrades on RBR and Ferrari are working
4) MP4-25 is not suited for Hungaroring, track is very similar to Monaco

S. L.

mrklaw said:
Or adjust where they place pressure?

Bloody kobayashi. I spend 8mil moving up from him to buemi last go, then his stock goes above buemis, so I spend a further 8mill getting him back for this weekend. And he's starting from the back of the fucking grid.
Kobayashi is usually really good with starts, but i doubt he will land in the points heh

Britprog

Not looking forward to race at all, its gonna be a snoozefest!!

My Predictions:

Red Bulls disappear into the distance, Vettel for the win, may lap most of field!!!

Hamilton will take over massa at the start, but will be overtaken during the pit stops.

Blablurn said:
god, i hate the hungarian grand prix. it lacks soul and character :(
In approximately 5 years time, the Hungarian GP will have moved to 7th place in the top ten of 'number GPs held at a circuit', with only Monza, Monaco, Spa, Silverstone, Nurburgring and Interlagos having held more. This awful go-kart track shouldn't even be mentioned near those classic track names. Why does Bernie keep taking the F1 circus this shitfest?

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Bernie wanted F1 race behind Iron Curtain. But Iron Curtain is long gone, and with it, Hungaroring should say goodbye to F1. But they have contract until 2016.... but it could be replaced sooner with Moscow GP (where money talks....).

Also, check this image, FW is almost touching the ground. Compare it to Mclaren.

Also, wings won't be outlawed, but rules will be tighten up.

Aegus

marvelharvey said:
In approximately 5 years time, the Hungarian GP will have moved to 7th place in the top ten of 'number GPs held at a circuit', with only Monza, Monaco, Spa, Silverstone, Nurburgring and Interlagos having held more. This awful go-kart track shouldn't even be mentioned near those classic track names. Why does Bernie keep taking the F1 circus this shitfest?

I've driven better kart tracks than the Hungaroring. Will watch the first few laps then do house work listening to the radio commentary.

Shaneus

Cheers:)

On the Aussie pre-race, they just showed Vettel's recent(?) history with his starts and swinging hard into the second runner when he was on pole, including Webber. Seriously, what a shit cunt. Hope he tries it today, fucks it and gives Webber the race.

Lince

Banned
I hope either Hamilton or Massa get P1 after turn 1 thanks to Webber-Vettel-Alonso wars, that would make for an interesting race a slower car in front of the raging bunch

Massa

Lince said:
I hope either Hamilton or Massa get P1 after turn 1 thanks to Webber-Vettel-Alonso wars, that would make for an interesting race a slower car in front of the raging bunch

For one, Alonso wouldn't be able to overtake Hamilton by shouting "this is ridiculous, I can't overtake him!" on his radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom