• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pimpwerx

Alright! Alonso gets his first win of the season! Good for him....

Webber deserves to be pissed. His pit strategy can't even get him around Hulk. Vettel's gets him 4th.

Great drive by Jenson. Can't complain really.

Lewis is still beating his champion teammate, and only a few points behind Webber in the championship. Too bad he didn't capitalize on this track that suits his car. Now McLaren need to pick it up for the rest of the season.

I did horrible in fantasy. Nothing to see here, people. Move along. PEACE.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
state_vector_collapse said:
NO fans are more unbearable than Hamilton fans.
nope, nothing compares to rabid Spanish Alonso 'fans' or diehard Ferrari fans (mostly guys in mid 30, wearing Ferrari t-shirts in local pubs), which we call 'Scuderia Idioti' around here. :lol My sister's husband is one of them :lol

Shaneus

It would've made a difference if Hulk was penalised, wouldn't it? Webber with an extra lap or twos space without being held back could've meant he'd be ahead of Vettel after he pitted, I would've thought.

scarybore

Pimpwerx said:
Alright! Alonso gets his first win of the season! Good for him....

Bahrain? Sure it was boring as fuck so no one remembers but still, a win is a win.

Anyway, Jenson did a great job defending his position for so long but you knew if he pitted first, Alonso would have him and he did just that.

TylerD

It is great to be a Formula 1 fan with no team allegiance whatsoever...

Go Webber and RBR!

I picked Ferrari for engine and chassis and Hamilton for my number 1 changing from Alonso at the last minute. :C

Monza and Le Mans have the best post race celebrations, just epic.

jey_16

Banned
Perfect race, Hamilton out on the first lap and Alonso wins :D. Good come back by vettel as well.

I honestly thought after Friday that it was going to be an easy mclaren 1-2 so it's a great result for ferrari. Webber screwed it by not capitalizing on the lack of points for Hamilton,
He really needs to improve his starts.

Pimpwerx

Deathcraze said:
Bahrain? Sure it was boring as fuck so no one remembers but still, a win is a win.

Anyway, Jenson did a great job defending his position for so long but you knew if he pitted first, Alonso would have him and he did just that.
I remember Bahrain, but I remember Massa winning that one. PEACE.

Pterion

GP was boring as soon as Hamilton got out. Too bad Button couldn't win it. Oh well, shitty week-ends are also part of the game... Looking forward to the next race. :D

Lince

Banned
awesome effort Jenson! come on show why you're the current WDC and way a better driver than Lewis... lol Hamilton lol, only some spoiled F1 kid could put the car there and pray to make it stick, I had a nice laugh.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
No fans are worse than the fans than the country that you are not from.

British fans: Alonso fans are the worst, etc..
Spanish, Italian fans: Hamilton, Button fans are the worst..

moojito

Worse than the pro-x and pro-y fans are the anti anything fans. They all come off as petty people who spend all their time hoping for bad things to happen. That's no way to go about it, if you ask me.

jey_16

Banned
There are some crazy fans on both sides, there were posts by Hamilton fans on the autospory forums yesterday saying that button had lied and hid data from Hamilton about the advantages of running the high downforce wing :lol

I'm a Ferrari fan and even though I despise Hamilton and enjoy his misfortune, I'll admit that he is a fantastic driver, he is just in the wrong car :D

Lince

Banned
Dilly said:
Lince keeps proving the contrary in this thread though.

oh come on stop the bitter tears, Hamilton fans have had their moments in this thread now I'm having mine, it's only fair, the thing Lewis tried to pull had me in tears for almost 5 minutes, but this is racing, next GP he'll dominate then Hamilton fans will have their day and I'll be bitter and the world keeps 'round and round, no harm here :D

go Button!
go Webber!

Pimpwerx

Lince said:
oh come on stop the bitter tears, Hamilton fans have had their moments in this thread now I'm having mine, it's only fair, the thing Lewis tried to pull had me in tears for almost 5 minutes, but this is racing, next GP he'll dominate then Hamilton fans will have their day and I'll be bitter and the world keeps 'round and round, no harm here :D

go Button!
go Webber!
All good fun. It was harder being a Schuey fan years back because then it was everyone against us. Even fans of that scoundrel Alonso. :lol PEACE.

Dilly

Banned
Lince said:

go Button!
go Webber!

What bitter tears? I prefer Alonso and Kubica of the pack.

I just hate your attitude. Appreciate your driver's win, stop whining about drivers you hate. Every post you make here is when Hamilton has a problem, but when Alonso does something stupid you're nowhere to be seen.

Pimpwerx

Hulkenberg not really making any excuses. He was pushing the limits and since he got no penalty, it was ok. I assume he was gonna defend until a penalty or he got passed. I was cheering him on, but he was driving dangerously. PEACE.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Lets hope everyone has blown off their steam and discussion here can get back to normal.

The Hulk was driving very dangerous today, lots of swerving on track to block Webber. He should have got a penalty.

Lince

Banned
Dilly said:
but when Alonso does something stupid you're nowhere to be seen.

Alonso? he's made quite a lot of stupid and unforced mistakes and proved he's not that special compared to Hamilton in the same car, I've had some good laughs with him too, I just don't feel the need to defend him here, all it's been said and done already. And come on... billionaires racing in shiny, fast cars?. Meh, I have better things to do. See you all next GP. :D

SuperÑ

OptionN, ShiftN
It was amazing to see Hamilton out in the first lap. I laughed so hard at him, jumping all over my sofa :lol :lol :lol

And then Alonso takes over Jenson (who did an almost perfect race) after the pitstop :D Perfect day so far.

DasRaven

Between having the race spoiled as I started watching it by reading the F1 game thread and Hamilton screwing up in the opening lap, I got through this race in 30m total.

Please, use the spoiler tags in game threads people!

ExtraKr1spy said:
Hamilton crashes but Webber can't take full advantage of it cause he choked again.

He got a bad start but he made his way nicely up the field. He was unlucky that Hulkenberg did not get a drive through, if he had cleared him sooner I think he had a great chance of taking 4th.

I was so gutted Button couldn't quite get back in at first. He held Alonso off so well for the entire time before the pitstop that he really deserved a win here, I think.

I'm slightly more optimisitc about him winning again this year overall, but it will be tough for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom