• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Autosport claim Heidfeld is going to replace De La Rosa at Sauber for next year. Should be quite a signing as he is the sole Pirelli tester and responsible for the handling characteristics of the tyre.

Lucius86

Banned
Dilly said:

FUCK! That's going to hurt in the morning!

I must say, I hate the Alonso fanboys who love to dick on Hamilton all the time but DAMN did he and Button have a stellar race. Those two guys were the best out there today - kudos to both. I kinda feel for Button because there really was not much more he could do to protect himself.

Hamilton does what Hamilton always does - push to the absolute limit at all times. Today he made a mistake, and paid the price.

Hulk - a weird one for me. He was fast, sure. Dangerous? I don't think so, but he should have had a penalty just for cutting the chicane too often, let alone holding position. I hate it when drivers have run-off areas - these guys are the best, they should not be allowed once to go through the chicane UNLESS it is purely to get out of harms way from an incident in the bend. I feel slightly cheated each time I see a driver make a quite major mistake but get away with it.

Rosberg beats Schumi again - nothing new there.

Whose going to win the title?? I'm still going with Webber, but it's pretty much too close to call.

LOVE IT.

S. L.

navanman said:
Autosport claim Heidfeld is going to replace De La Rosa at Sauber for next year. Should be quite a signing as he is the sole Pirelli tester and responsible for the handling characteristics of the tyre.
eeeeh why are the taking Heidfeild (tyre stuff aside). They should have signed Glock, he is young, talented and fast. Heidfeld is old.

Chris R

Good race for the most part. Would have been a better one had Lewis not tried something so stupid :lol
and that is coming from a lewis fan

Singapore is alright, but I prefer day races in Asia due to the time the air here (late at night/just after midnight instead of 4 am).

Fantasy was horrible this week :< Guess I go back to most RBR for the remainder of the season.

BEHEAD THOSE WHO SAY ALONSO IS A CHEAT!

alonso.jpg

DEAL WITH IT

joking aside, Benson's blog today is full of non partisan truth:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/andrewbenson/2010/09/post_1.html#more

Button: '"I think this season, whatever happens, will go down in history as one of the best and most competitive seasons ever in Formula 1 in regards to the drivers but also the teams."

To which Hamilton responded: "Well said."

We are experiencing something which we havent seen since the dawn of the msch era and the total dominance of one team and driver, 20% of the grid at the sharp end and the championship is still open.

this is amazing.

Dilly

Banned
Harry_Tequila said:
Ouch, ouch, ouch.

Surprised he's alive after that. Looked absolutely brutal.

Quite ironic considering Coulthard said in the before the race that a casualty is just a race away.

I'm glad he's alright.

Gabyskra

Banned
Templar Wizard said:
We are experiencing something which we havent seen since the dawn of the msch era and the total dominance of one team and driver, 20% of the grid at the sharp end and the championship is still open.

this is amazing.

Totally agreed. I was big on F1 at the time of Prost, Senna, Mansell, Hill, etc. Then the Schumacher era totally bored me. And now I'm back, precisely because this year is so suspenseful.

Gabyskra said:
Totally agreed. I was big on F1 at the time of Prost, Senna, Mansell, Hill, etc. Then the Schumacher era totally bored me. And now I'm back, precisely because this year is so suspenseful.
Yup. I stopped watching F1 from 03 to last season because it was just boring. This one has pulled me back in completely, though.

navanman

DrM said:
Cosworth and Lotus will end engine deal, so this means that Lotus will be powered by Renault engine next season.

Good for them.

Great for them. They really are determined to push and be a genuine contender in the mid-field next year. They should do OK, they hired some great Force India engineers a while ago too and the Renault engine, gearbox & KERS system should also help.

operon

Topgearf1 moved up one place not a bad weekend, even though I had hulkenberg as one of my drivers, I still thought he should have got a penalty

Dilly said:
Quite ironic considering Coulthard said in the before the race that a casualty is just a race away.

I'm glad he's alright.
I think it may be time for a really good look at safety in the pitlane after this season. There seems to have been a number of very dangerous incidents recently and I think there's going to be a fatality if we carry on like this.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Harry_Tequila said:
I think it may be time for a really good look at safety in the pitlane after this season. There seems to have been a number of very dangerous incidents recently and I think there's going to be a fatality if we carry on like this.
Ferrari's broken fuel hoses last year, rolling tyres and mechanic run downs this year...

There is one simple solution:

BAN PITSTOPS :D

S. L.

eh yeah, things happen at pitstops. I don't think they can be made significantly safer without making them a joke. 90% of the time these incidents come from overeager lollipopmen/unsafe releases

Leunam

S. L. said:
eh yeah, things happen at pitstops. I don't think they can be made significantly safer without making them a joke. 90% of the time these incidents come from overeager lollipopmen/unsafe releases

From the video, it looks like that's exactly what happened.

S. L. said:

I think they could make them a little safer by tightening up the rules for releasing cars back into the pit lane. It seems to have gone back to the same levels of insanity as last season. There are certainly ways of making it a bit safer without a major overreaction. After flying debris on track it is probably the area of racing with the highest risk.

navanman

Surprised its happening now rather than for next season:

Nick Heidfeld will return to Formula 1 with the Sauber team from the Singapore Grand Prix, as AUTOSPORT predicted earlier this week.

Sauber confirmed that Heidfeld will be replacing Pedro de la Rosa for the final five races of the season to compete alongside Kamui Kobayashi.

Team principal Peter Sauber suggested that the move had been made to better help the team understand its car.

"It was a hard decision for me to make as a team principal and I want to thank Pedro for his professionalism," explained Sauber. "By signing Nick we have a driver we know extremely well who will help us to further judge the comparative potential of our car."

De la Rosa expressed his shock at the decision, which comes after he returned to the sport at the start of this season.

"I am surprised by the team´s decision, but I respect it and would like to wish everyone good luck for the remainder of the season," he said. "I still intend to be in Formula 1 for 2011".

Heidfeld himself added: "I'm looking forward like crazy to having the opportunity to go racing again in a good car in Formula 1 from the Singapore Grand Prix onwards. After the last months I'm even more motivated than ever.

"For me it is like coming home, as I raced for seven years in total for the team from Hinwil. Without doubt I will be feeling at home straight away and this should help me to familiarise myself as soon as possible with the car. I want to thank Peter Sauber for the faith he has put in me."

navanman

S. L. said:
I'd love to see Kimi at RBR or McL but you can't have all eh

Who's going to pay fro Kimi though? The current Renault setup isn't flush with cash and is possibly looking at partial sell-back to Renault HQ for some cash.
He would have to take a huge pay cut for it to happen.

Fuck you Sauber.

I hope their motors blow up to see if they really don't have any money to buy more motors like they told De la Rosa when he got the latest one and it was defective, on top of the penalty he got because their shitty car blew all engines and gearboxes.

I really hope your team crashes and burns Sauber. Also back to pure white non-advertising thanks to firing the only pilot that got you advertising.

I also hope their f-duct they only got working and early because of De la Rosa now stops working.

What an amazing cunt you have proven to be Sauber, incredible, respect in red numbers.

megateto

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Fuck you Sauber.

I hope their motors blow up to see if they really don't have any money to buy more motors like they told De la Rosa when he got the latest one and it was defective, on top of the penalty he got because their shitty car blew all engines and gearboxes.

I really hope your team crashes and burns Sauber. Also back to pure white non-advertising thanks to firing the only pilot that got you advertising.

I also hope their f-duct they only got working and early because of De la Rosa now stops working.

What an amazing cunt you have proven to be Sauber, incredible, respect in red numbers.

I didn't even know about half of all that. I was really sorry for Pedro, but now... fuck you, Sauber.

h3ro

KIMI! :D

Please come back. Him in a Renault would be great! Solid mid-tier team that could compete for the odd podium here and there at the right circuit (and Spa :D)... Of course I'd rather have him in a Red Bull or next year's Merc (which should be a real contender), but having Kimi back on the grid would be fantastic regardless of who he drives for.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
megateto said:
I didn't even know about half of all that. I was really sorry for Pedro, but now... fuck you, Sauber.

I don't know why, but I get the impression that he might be giving a sort of one-sided impression of things. P

S. L.

h3ro said:
Please come back. Him in a Renault would be great! Solid mid-tier team that could compete for the odd podium here and there at the right circuit (and Spa :D)... Of course I'd rather have him in a Red Bull or next year's Merc (which should be a real contender), but having Kimi back on the grid would be fantastic regardless of who he drives for.
where did you get that impression from?
Last year they had a car that Honda developed for 2 years and it was fast, but they had no idea why and couldn't really improve it throughout the season while the rest caught up and overtook them. This years was a turd again and even with full Merc backing I don't see why next years should be any better.

DLR = semi useless
Nicky = semi usable

not too difficult to join the dots.
I dont know if his Pirelli knowledge is THAT valuable, but NH is one of those strange grey drivers like Zipperhead, they hold the best 'records' for mediocrity.

navanman

Some big rumours going around today that there will be a big shake-up in the BBC F1 commentary box for next year.

Ditch Legard and bring back James Allen please. All is forgiven!

Deadman

navanman said:
Some big rumours going around today that there will be a big shake-up in the BBC F1 commentary box for next year.

At this point silence with brundle speaking every 2 minutes would be better.

operon

navanman said:

Seconded Legard is such an ass, talks crap constantly has to be corrected by brundle and constantly talks nonsense about schumi, one minute says still great next says he crap etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom