• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pimpwerx

Newey must subscribe to the idea that the best race car falls apart as it crosses the checkered flag. Vettel has had a lot of misfortune this year. PEACE.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
navanman said:
Vettel could be out, he could be out of the title race now.
No, I just looked at the live timings, 1 sector he was 2 seconds off the pace, then suddenly the engine works fine? Ferrari need to learn a lesson from that sort of coded message.

Stop It

navanman said:
Bets on when Vettels engine pops?

I'll give him 5 laps.
I'll go with never.

EJ calling team orders by stealth, saying that Vettel was going for a BAFTA, haha.

conspiracy.jpg

Pimpwerx

It would be kinda funny if Webber finishes ahead of Vettel now, and due to team orders. :lol Vettel's problem may have been real, but now his car is working fine and now Webber is in front of him. PEACE.

Stop It

Keyser Soze said:
http://spokenrap.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/conspiracy.jpg
:lol :lol

Well, Vettel isn't having issues with his engine now, no matter if the issues were real or imagined by the RBR strategists. RBR playing silly buggers in the pit lane too? They really want to be the starts of the Italian GP, even if their cars are stuck in 7th and 8th.

Pimpwerx said:
It would be kinda funny if Webber finishes ahead of Vettel now, and due to team orders. :lol Vettel's problem may have been real, but now his car is working fine and now Webber is in front of him. PEACE.

Who are you kidding.

There were no engine troubles whatsoever.

Juicy Bob

We think there's been an accident in the pit lane involving Yamamoto. They won't show the replay if it's serious, but there's talk of an ambulance on the pit-lane.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Juicy Bob said:
We think there's been an accident in the pit lane involving Yamamoto. They won't show the replay if it's serious, but there's talk of an ambulance on the pit-lane.

Is the pitlane closed then. I see the ambulance at the pit-box now!

Stop It

navanman said:
Is the pitlane closed then. I see the ambulance at the pit-box now!
It's open again now. I hope the person affected is OK. How did Yamamoto manage to hit his radio guy though? Either we're missing some info or that would have been a right clanger.

Edit: Liuzzi pits. Vettel now right back up to Webbers gearbox and is much faster. If it was team orders he wont pass, if it wasn't...fireworks?

Button fails at turn 1 and Alonso was right up to him. Alonso then fails at Lesmo 1 and Button escapes.

Stop It

navanman said:
Button's brakes look cooked.
He's fine, just under immense pressure here.

The live timing screen is dead now, this is...annoying.

Edit: Undead, Button nailing this lap hard.

I think the Ferrari being so awesome on the brakes AND the mega fast engine in sector 1 makes it look like Button is struggling. His 1st sector is indicative of how much downforce he has on that car.

Stop It

Jenson Button pits into a clear track thankfully. So how long will those Ferraris pit? This could get very interesting.

Alosno pits, only 1 lap difference. Just gets out ahead...now this will be an epic few laps. Come on Button, get this back.

Stop It

navanman said:
Alonso's race now.
Yep. To add insult to injury, he was told a (probably) leaner fuel mixture to use too. Bah. Time to settle in, race over.

Webber moaning about the Hulk using the inside of the chicane to stay ahead of him. Investigation and penalty incoming?

Pimpwerx

Webber to get an undeserved 6th after team orders and steward help. He should be 8th. :p

Thanks to Alonso, Lewis is still beating his second world champions. :D

I forgot Lewis was a lot of points ahead of everyone but Webber, so he's still gonna be tied on points with Webber if this holds up. PEACE.

EDIT: Nevermind. Neither of those will happen. Vettel lapping great. He should pit on the last lap.

Stop It

Button held up by Di Grassi, the annoying git. Massa is now close up to him too. More bah.

Pimpwerx said:
Webber to get an undeserved 6th after team orders and steward help. He should be 8th. :p

Thanks to Alonso, Lewis is still beating his second world champions. :D

I forgot Lewis was a lot of points ahead of everyone but Webber, so he's still gonna be tied on points with Webber if this holds up. PEACE.

Webber just needs 8th to pass Hamilton in the WDC, actually. Only three points behind before this GP.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Mclaren pit wall in total darkness today. What where they thinking?

Well, quite good damage control by RBR

Pimpwerx

Tim the Wiz said:
Webber just needs 8th to pass Hamilton in the WDC, actually. Only three points behind before this GP.
That's right.... He's getting blocked all over the place by Hulk. Webber actually getting a taste of his own medicine. PEACE.

Stop It

navanman said:
Well done Webber!
Indeed.

Vettel needs to pit at some point? 2 laps to go, so this is going to either be a Schumacher style last lap pit to the line, or he'll pit this lap? Either way it makes a mockery of the tyre changing rule if the soft tyres can last the entire race.

Edit: In Vettel goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom