• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
This is Alonso title to lose now IMO.
He is too consistent and Ferrari car quick if not the quickest on all tracks.

Webber has been average for the last 4 races now.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Fernando: not done yet :D

11 points is basically beating Webber in every race. It will take some near perfect drives (or Webber fucking up) but he can do it.

Hammy can do it but will need some help.

Leunam

Some of the commentators mentioned that Korean officials were in Singapore for an emergency meeting. Wonder what that means for the Korean race.

Deadman

Pretty nice race. Kubica ftw.

Lotus and Kovalainen should be given bans and fines. Should probably be punished for that fire thing too. :D

Wow webber very lucky to not have a puncture by the look of things on bbc f1 forum.

StoOgE

Leunam said:
Some of the commentators mentioned that Korean officials were in Singapore for an emergency meeting. Wonder what that means for the Korean race.

If they cancel the race at the last minute Ferrari and Fernando have every right to go ballistic.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Dilly said:
11 points are nothing, Alonso is champion if he keeps on driving like the last 2 races.
yes, but he will also need to look after his engine and gearboxes.

Godly Suzuka finish - Button wins, Vettel 2nd, Hamilton 3rd, Webber and Alonso DNF. That would be majestic :D

jey_16

Banned
great race...some good overtaking and a lot of tension. Fantastic for Ferrari & Fernando, solid points for Webber, and best of all.....Hamilton DNF :D

navanman

StoOgE said:
If they cancel the race at the last minute Ferrari and Fernando have every right to go ballistic.

Can they run a sub race at another track? Like run a race at the same venue twice?

navanman

DrM said:

Godly Suzuka finish - Button wins, Vettel 2nd, Hamilton 3rd, Webber and Alonso DNF. That would be majestic :D

Hamilton needs to win the next race but thats unlikely unless it rains.

Dilly

Banned
DrM said:

Oh right, forgot about that.

What happens when Korea drops the race this year? Another circuit or will it get cancelled?

S. L.

Stop It said:
Kovalainen fails at pit entry, is clearly on fire!

Wtf were the Lotus pit crew/engineers and Kov himself thinking?
not bringing the fire into the pitlane isn't that bad thinking.
but 1 lap before end of the race and instead parking on the start/finish line... eh

SuperÑ

OptionN, ShiftN
TNaYY.png

:D :D :D

Grande Fernando!

Leunam

navanman said:
Can they run a sub race at another track? Like run a race at the same venue twice?

If they are already in Japan, just go to Fuji. That is, unless Honda (?) can't host the race. That's the reason Suzuka was a lock from 2009 to 2011.

I'd imagine they have to do another race. Sponsors wouldn't be happy that they get shafted out of one appearance at a GP.

Tickets would have to be really cheap at Fuji to get people to go on such short notice.

Juicy Bob

If Korea is cancelled, they'll just carry on and the championship will be decided through 18 rounds rather than 19. They won't even consider running a replacement race because it'd be impossible to organise.

TylerD

I don't know what you guys need for a race to be considered good.

I was on the edge of my seat the entire time with Webber pitting early relying on the front runner's options to go off quick enough so he can clear them while they are pitting, 2 safety cars, a driver playing fireman, the two top drivers in the championship involved in an honest to goodness racing incident with massive implications and the stewards making the right decision, Glock train, etc.

That was a damn good show IMO.

Webber for WDC!!! :D

NHale

navanman said:

I doubt they can sub a race with such short notice. The last time I remember was in 1997 when Estoril was supposed to be the last race but was replaced by Jerez because of huge delays in the reconstruction of the track.

Jacques Villeneuve won the title because of that, since it was raining in Portugal and he was very poor driving in a wet track.

Mush said:
What happened to reserve Grand Prix? AFAIK there used to be two or so venues that could be used as a "back up" just in case. Am I dreaming?

You can't organize a grand prix in less than 1 month. There is so much logistics involved nowadays that it's simply impossible to do. It's just not open the track and you are ready to go.

Lucius86

Banned
This was a great race, when it should have been poop. Some fantastic stuff out.

Driver of the day goes to Kovalinen - he was definitely a fireman in another life.

TylerD

Lucius86 said:
This was a great race, when it should have been poop. Some fantastic stuff out.

Driver of the day goes to Kovalinen - he was definitely a fireman in another life.

I liked how he seemed to be extremely concerned about saving his car. I have had a car catch on fire at speed and that is some scary shit.

FFS Speed. They still have not shown us the post race ceremony and driver interviews. Must make time for NASCAR.

navanman said:
This is Alonso title to lose now IMO.
He is too consistent and Ferrari car quick if not the quickest on all tracks.

Webber has been average for the last 4 races now.

Isn't he on his last engine before penalties start accruing right now? Yeah, don't think so.

Lince

Banned
wait Alonso on pole + fastest lap + win @ Singapore without Piquet's help ??? how's that possible, quick some one tell the British "press" so they can make a different excuse this time around

Ha-ha-ha-ha-milton! next time have a look at the mirrors and give a little more room you n00b

good job Webber my man <3

Vettel you naughty kid I'm sure you're multiple WDC material, keep pushing !

oh Button that was meh, I guess you did your best though, better luck next race <3

Kovalainen :O

Kubica :O :O :O

Massa... ZzZzzZZ, please step down of the Ferrari and make room for Kubica

Sauber: Fuck off, that's what you get for kicking De la Rosa for no reason at all

Jinjo

Lince said:
wait Alonso on pole + fastest lap + win @ Singapore without Piquet's help ??? how's that possible, quick some one tell the British "press" so they can make a different excuse this time around

Are you seriously downplaying the clear and proven guilty race-fixing by Renault 2 years ago as just being an excuse used/made up by the British press? :lol

Deadman

Lince said:

You might be interested to know they praised alonso throughout the weekend, and said he drove brilliantly to take a well deserved race win. They also said before and after the race that the momentum is surely with him and ferrari now and that he is the favourite to win the title.

But thats not as interesting as "everyone hates spain" is it.

Lince

Banned
Jinjo said:
Are you seriously downplaying the clear and proven guilty race-fixing by Renault 2 years ago as just being an excuse used/made up by the British press? :lol

no that would be as stupid as Nelsinho's decision to agree, I thoroughly concur this is the 1st legitimate Singapore win for Alonso, as for race-fixing stuff ask Glock when he let Hamilton through last lap @ Interlagos 2008.

Lucius86

Banned
Lince said:
no that would be as stupid as Nelsinho's decision to agree, I thoroughly concur this is the 1st legitimate Singapore win for Alonso, as for race-fixing stuff ask Glock when he let Hamilton through last lap @ Interlagos 2008.

PLEASE! He was on the wrong sodding tyres in the wet weather!!

Jinjo

Lince said:

Oh shit, you're really taking the discussion in this direction? :lol Dry tires vs. wet tires man. Learn your compounds.

Alonso's driving today was great and it's not entirely bad for him he won today at Singapore. This should lose some of the accusations made at him that he is not being able to win without help from his teammate.

navanman

Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone has admitted there are doubts about whether the Korean Grand Prix will take place this year.

The race has been surrounded by doubts for months, although organisers were adamant the circuit would be ready in time for next month's race.

The inaugural Korean GP is scheduled for October 24, and an FIA inspection was expected on September 21, but that has been delayed.

Korean officials attended the Singapore GP to hold talks about scheduling a new FIA inspection.

Ecclestone admitted there will be concerns until the race takes place.

"Until it's on there's always concerns obviously," Ecclestone told The Associated Press. "We have to get lucky and hope it will happen."

AUTOSPORT understands the inspection will now take place in the week after the Japanese GP.

Indian driver Karun Chandhok completed a demo run of the circuit with a Red Bull car earlier this month.

Not going to happen, this is the forewarning..

navanman

Lince said:

WHUT!!
He was on the wrong tyres on a wet track somehow trying to get traction to drive up the steepest incline on any F1 track

StoOgE

navanman said:
Not going to happen, this is the forewarning..

Well, I guess that is one way to hand Webber a title.

Not saying Ferrari can win it, but going from 3 races to 4 is certainly going to make it harder.

Road

I don't think 3 or 4 races make any difference, really. Alonso doesn't have to overcome a 50 point difference or something like that. A 4th race could be very well what would cement Webber's victory. You can't know.

The Korean GP situation is just embarrassing for the sport. Yet Bernie has India on the calendar next year while the European season is the one being made smaller and smaller to accommodate new tracks.

Lince

Banned
relax guys, I was just messing around regarding the Timo Glock comment, the truth is I still feel for Massa's dad. Now, we're talking billionaire TV stars driving shiny fast cars here so nothing worthy to argue over, I must admit I'm a bit Webber-biased though, I also like Jenson for his attitude and strategy calls. On the other hand Alonso/Vettel/Hamilton have been such pricks so many times now it's so hard to love them. I guess Vettel's future is the brighter of them all anyway.

NHale

StoOgE said:
Well, I guess that is one way to hand Webber a title.

Not saying Ferrari can win it, but going from 3 races to 4 is certainly going to make it harder.

Not really. I would say it's even better for Ferrari because Alonso already used the 8 engines allowed. One less race would make it even easier to manage that situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom