• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dilly

Banned
Look at him go, love his mentality.

I want to see him winning championships! I really hope Renault keeps progressing next season.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Kovalainen fails at pit entry, is clearly on fire!

Wtf were the Lotus pit crew/engineers and Kov himself thinking?

Dead Man

Stop It said:
Kovalainen fails at pit entry, is clearly on fire!

Wtf were the Lotus pit crew/engineers and Kov himself thinking?
Woeful. Marshal failure as well. Drivers should not have to become firemen!

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Dead Man said:
Woeful. Marshal failure as well. Drivers should not have to become firemen!

The marshalling has been terrible all weekend. Slow to recover cars from track and get marshalls to the cars.

olore

Fucking stupid "wave" winning salute Alonso does, the Talking Duck

Also, Vettel seems to have changed to the better, more calculating and composed. Perhaps boring?

Jinjo

Frawdder said:
Hamilton take note, THAT is how you overtake someone!

You're telling Hamilton, probably the driver who has made the most overtakes stick this season to take a lesson in overtaking? Please. This was such a 50/50 incident. Maybe not everyone would've made that move, but you have to admire a true racing spirit like that. I would've done the same.

I was kind of torn between rooting for Hamilton or Webber, but I guess now I can focus all my attention on Webber. I want that guy to win the championship so much. He is such a like-able guy and has been incredibly underrated for years. Also, it's kind of cool to have an F1 veteran take their first WDC. Button last year, now Webber (hopefully).

Crappy weekend being a McLaren fan indeed. But congrats to Alonso. He has catapulted himself right back into contention.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Vettel is nothing but a chicken when it comes to overtaking - he could easily attack Alonso but no.

NHale

It's funny how Barrichello continues to do a great championship but nobody talks about him. When Rosbers was doing something similar with the Williams, it was all praise for him.

Mush

Lucius86 said:
Is it me, or has Vettel shown a lot of maturity this race?
Yeah. He has no reason to rage over second, he's still in the fight. RB pick up constructor points while Hammy self-destructs around him. Who's next I wonder?

Lucius86

Banned
Mush said:
Yeah. He has no reason to rage over second, he's still in the fight. RB pick up constructor points while Hammy self-destructs around him. Who's next I wonder?

I mean, after this season I HATE Vettel - but he deserves serious kudos today.

Funny, this race finished with the two drivers who annoy me the most on the top 2 steps of the podium. And they fully deserve it.

Dead Man

Great drive from ALonso, Vettel I feel was just not able to challenge him in the race. Webber. Masterful, and lucky! Kubica, awesome again. Overall a much more interesting race than I expected.

Leunam

Well, Texans better win today to make up for this race. :(

Nah, only partly joking. Kubica more than made up for Hamilton crashing out (not that that was Webbers fault or anything). Kubica beasting a quarter of the grid made the whole race worth it.

Mush

Vettel did the right thing by not challenging for the win. Sure, it would have been fun to watch, but after everything that happened mid-season, he's knows it's not the time to panic and do something hot headed like Lewis did. Looks like Vettel has learnt a lot from his experiences.

It wasn't entirely Lewis' fault, but that's still the second race in a row he's stuck his nose in when he shouldn't have and came off worse for it.

And although he didn't peep a word during the race, Button is still hanging on too. He could play spoiler in the races to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom