• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadman

Was anyone else on full red bull for fantasy f1 this week? I was so im completely screwed:lol

Anyone even vaguely near the top who instead went with full ferrari could gain 1k points on everyone.

Adamm

d10kor1744.jpg

What a mess

dalin80

Banned
avaya said:
Lewis was very impressive considering the McLaren ripped it's tyres to bits after a few laps.

did what he needed to do after several very difficult races, also kudos to the guy for not being a whiney bitch about the weather and light.

avaya

dalin80 said:
did what he needed to do after several very difficult races, also kudos to the guy for not being a whiney bitch about the weather and light.

Seriously. The rest of them sounded like complete pussy's about the conditions. We've had wetter races than this before.

John_B

This season keeps delivering. Great race that almost didn't happen.

Hamilton looked shit today, saved by much luck, but it seemed like a problem with the setup. Button looked even more shitty. Worst performance by both drivers this season.

It's a shame we won't have the final in Brazil. Anyways we'll have one heck of a last race. Alonso is my current favorite, but I fear for his engine. Webber has the car, but I think he will choke. Hamilton has the balls, but I'm not so sure he will have the car.

Lach

Very entertaining race. My highlights:

- Mercedes (or was it McLaren) crew reaction to Webber/Rosberg out.
Webber crashes: HELL YEAH!
Webber crashes into Rosberg: FFFFFFUUUU!!!
- Sutil is a douche
- Kobayashi driving his tank (that car IS indestructible)
- Alonso's Crazy laugh after his win!

Shaneus

rogue_pigeon said:
Horner insisting they're going to continue to push both drivers equally. With two races to go, and Ferrari as strong as they are, that's insane.
Seriously? What a fucking idiot. The one time he SHOULD back a single driver to win a championship, and he doesn't. Further Vettel favoring. When you have a driver that has a genuine shot at the championship, fuck focusing on the future or whatever, back your best chance FOR THAT SEASON.

Ugh.

Anyway, didn't he say that they'd back the driver higher up on the points table regardless of who it was? When it's Webber, they favor both. When it's Vettel, they favor him :lol

Britprog

John_B said:
This season keeps delivering. Great race that almost didn't happen.

Hamilton looked shit today, saved by much luck, but it seemed like a problem with the setup. Button looked even more shitty. Worst performance by both drivers this season.

It's a shame we won't have the final in Brazil. Anyways we'll have one heck of a last race. Alonso is my current favorite, but I fear for his engine. Webber has the car, but I think he will choke. Hamilton has the balls, but I'm not so sure he will have the car.

Lewis did well considering his dog of a car, he kept in on the grey stuff and got some good point.

Macca need to back Lewis i.e any new developments.

Britprog

rogue_pigeon said:
According to Button on the forum, he opted to run a new part this weekend which likely contributed to some of the problems he was having.

No, I meant any new developments should be geared toward Lewis' driving style.

I think part of macca problems this year is developing a car for two very different driving styles.

spoon!

The mclarens looked so sluggish today. Feels like RBR and SF are progressively getting stronger, and the mclarens haven't improved for months...

Lince

Banned
can't believe Webber, what a dumb mistake, just nurse the car home ffs! oh well, last two races are going to be epic, kudos to Lewis for his attitude "let's race race race! it's almost ready for inters!" and "visibility is good!" :lol <3

oh, and Alonso's maniac laughter over the radio :S

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'd just like to thank the BBC for fucking up the broadcast. Why couldn't they have moved the fucking Andrew Marr show to BBC2? Did they not expect quite a few people to have recorded the race live to watch in the morning?

The first I heard that they were switching to BBC2 was after they'd already done so. I tried finding the ending on iplayer or the red button, but nothing.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
about the safety car - its tricky because its out. So there is an overlap in circumstances.

eg - if its raining and the cars are out on the circuit, the SC will not deploy unless it is dangerous. But if the SC is already out, it can't come in until its *safe*. The measurement is different, so its understandable that there have been races that have seemed wetter without a SC.

Having said that, it did seem like they held up the start for too long.

moojito

I don't really get the fury about red bull not supporting webber. With two races to go, what does supporting webber actually mean? Putting on a webber scarf? I would suggest a giant foam finger, but that'd probably be interpreted as secret support of vettel.

Britprog

mrklaw said:
I'd just like to thank the BBC for fucking up the broadcast. Why couldn't they have moved the fucking Andrew Marr show to BBC2? Did they not expect quite a few people to have recorded the race live to watch in the morning?

The first I heard that they were switching to BBC2 was after they'd already done so. I tried finding the ending on iplayer or the red button, but nothing.

BBC really fucked up with commentary today to, both commentators didn't notice that Roseberg passed Hamilton, they kept on saying the button was passed by suchey. It took them a whole lap to notice they where wrong.

Also when Hamilton when wide and passed by Alonso it took them a while to notice it, I guess they where tired from commentating for so long!!!

Pachael

moojito said:
I don't really get the fury about red bull not supporting webber. With two races to go, what does supporting webber actually mean? Putting on a webber scarf? I would suggest a giant foam finger, but that'd probably be interpreted as secret support of vettel.

I think the question is really, was there any chance with RBR's behaviour that they'd support Mark even if he were 2 1/2 races ahead? Seb's too precious to lose, Mark's on his way out.

Britprog said:
BBC really fucked up with commentary today to, both commentators didn't notice that Roseberg passed Hamilton, they kept on saying the button was passed by suchey. It took them a whole lap to notice they where wrong.

Also when Hamilton when wide and passed by Alonso it took them a while to notice it, I guess they where tired from commentating for so long!!!

watching the re-run and legard is down right awful. martin saw the over take but it took this idiot an age. also going crazy about the gap vettel pulled over alonso... under a safety car. :lol

replace with ben edwards, please.

Stay on the track and on the right tyres and you can win in the rain. Great win for the championship, it's now down to Alonso, Webber and Hamilton for the WDC.

Also credit to Hamilton for not complaining about the light.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Wax Free Vanilla said:
it was over when vettel smashed him out at spa

alonso will wrap up the title in brazil.

I would have to agree with that. Of the 2 races left, Brazil has always been a strong Ferrari track. Only the uncertainty of the life span of the engines could put a spanner in the works.

navanman said:
I would have to agree with that. Of the 2 races left, Brazil has always been a strong Ferrari track. Only the uncertainty of the life span of the engines could put a spanner in the works.

RBR, particularly Webber, looked great at Interlagos last year. A podium should be the aim in Brazil, Abu Dhabi should be a strong track for the F10

True it was an awful car but I don't think Ferrari have ever been quicker than RBR except at Hockenheim, Monza and Canada this season. But Alonso is getting the maximum out of the F10 at the moment so it wouldn't be a surprise to see him win in Interlagos but I still expect Webber/Vettel to be quicker over the weekend.

Unless of course it rains.

Even if Red Bull had supported Webber he still wouldn't be able to handle the pressure. Guy's been choking for the last 4 or 5 races. He just ran out of "luck"(talent).

Shows how mediocre he is when he has the fastest car on the grid and with the points lead he can't even back into the championship just by collecting points like button did towards the end of last year.

Its nice that there are still a few drivers in it but if the Red Bull's had better drivers they would have clinched by Monza or Singapore.

shas'la

Britprog said:
No, I meant any new developments should be geared toward Lewis' driving style.

I think part of macca problems this year is developing a car for two very different driving styles.

This is on the money, Lewis is the guy that will have a better chance of winning in years to come, Jenson only won two race this year due to lucky tyre calls. I really hope next years car isnt a wishy-washy mix of both styles.

Both Red Bulls going out is fucking AWESOME. :lol I loved it when Webber wiped out and took Rosberg with him, bumping Hamilton up to 3rd, and then Vettel's engine decides to die. Beautiful.

There's still an uphill climb, but I'm getting closer to my £200!

Fucking boring for the most part though. Don't care if it was the sensible thing to do, I wanted to see them race, not sit on the start line and behind a SC. Zzzzzzzzzz.

Pterion

Man, what a race. Missed it live due to work, but just finished watching it. So much fistpumping when the RedBulls went kaboom. LULZ! It's about time other drivers have their fair share of bad luck, given the past 4-5 races for my boy Lewis. Alonso's engine should go kaboom too hopefully in the next 2 races. Shame the MP4-25 just isn't there in terms of pace...

dalin80

Banned
Pterion said:
Shame the MP4-25 just isn't there in terms of pace...

The car is the polar opposite of the 23, the 23 would just grip even if flying over every high sided kerb on the track and suited lewis perfectly as he flung it around like it was a 20bhp go kart.

the 25 comes across as designed by committee and simply cant handle anything but a billiard smooth track and very specific circumstance.

Dilly

Banned
Interlagos is pretty heavy on the engine. Alonso needs to hold it together there and win, hoping the engine doesn't die.

I really think the RBR is going to be untouchable in Abu Dhabi, they were mighty there last race. If everything goes normal, I see Alonso getting third place there maximum.

Shaneus

Horner admits: We're building RBR around Vettel
In an admission that is surely only likely to further strengthen Mark Webber's determined resolve to claim the F1 2010 crown, Red Bull Racing team principal Christian Horner has conceded that 'we are building the team around Sebastian Vettel'
Ugh, fucking SERIOUSLY. I mean, fair enough they're backing Vettel in the long-term as he obviously has more years ahead of him, but when one driver so obviously has a better chance at the championship than the other at this time of the year, you don't say that shit.

PS. Anyone else remember Horner claiming to back whoever's ahead in the points race, yet whenever Webber's in front they'll back both drivers equally? Please.

PPS. There's also the faint hope that Horner said this merely to rile up Webber to drive ultra-hard during the last few races. Shame he didn't bring it home in Korea as he would've been clear favourite, but whatever.

PPPS. This article was written before the Korean GP, but a lot of it still stands.

Seanspeed

Banned
That article is also from BILD, which is a tabloid and cant be trusted. I remember they once ran an article about Heidfeld punching Vettel in the face or something ridiculous like that.

Its obvious Red Bull want Vettel as their no.1, but they would never say it as blatantly as that.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Finally got to watch the race and I'm quite happy with the results. Big respect for Hamilton wanting to get the race going while behind the safety car, and no shit Webber continued to say the conditions were terrible. He had the most to lose and he did.

I was hoping Massa was going to spin in the final laps. I would like to have seen Schumacher on the podium. Bring on Brazil!

Lucius86

Banned
SCHUEY F1 said:
Finally got to watch the race and I'm quite happy with the results. Big respect for Hamilton wanting to get the race going while behind the safety car, and no shit Webber continued to say the conditions were terrible. He had the most to lose and he did.

I was hoping Massa was going to spin in the final laps. I would like to have seen Schumacher on the podium. Bring on Brazil!

He almost did too. For once I wanted Schuey on the podium too - he did have a good race yesterday.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Shaneus said:
Horner admits: We're building RBR around Vettel

Ugh, fucking SERIOUSLY. I mean, fair enough they're backing Vettel in the long-term as he obviously has more years ahead of him, but when one driver so obviously has a better chance at the championship than the other at this time of the year, you don't say that shit.

PS. Anyone else remember Horner claiming to back whoever's ahead in the points race, yet whenever Webber's in front they'll back both drivers equally? Please.

PPS. There's also the faint hope that Horner said this merely to rile up Webber to drive ultra-hard during the last few races. Shame he didn't bring it home in Korea as he would've been clear favourite, but whatever.

PPPS. This article was written before the Korean GP, but a lot of it still stands.

annoying but not unexpected. The points gap between Vettel and Webber is still the same as they both crashed out. And as there are now only 2 races left, Webber is effectively in a better position than before Korea (in terms of which RBR has a chance at the drivers championship)

I'd love for Webber to win, then fuck off to another team and take the number 1 with him.

Nooo, not Spa again...

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/25102010/23/todt-unable-guarantee-spa-future.html

FIA president Jean Todt has said that the future of the Belgian Grand Prix is out of his hands, after the popular event again came under threat of failing to take up its slot on the schedule.
Although the Spa-Francorchamps circuit rates highly among drivers for the challenge it provides, the event has never enjoyed the securest of positions on the calendar, with political and financial problems having already seen Belgium miss out from time to time. F1's return to the Ardennes in 1985, during its period of alternating with Zolder, had to be rescheduled after the tarmac broke up during practice, while there was no Belgian Grand Prix in 2003 because the country's tobacco advertising laws clashed with those then in operation in F1.
It returned to the schedule in 2004, but missed out again two years later due to development of the facilities. Although it has been on the calendar since, there have been constant threats of financial shortfalls, with organisers even requesting a renegotiation of its contract with FOM after making a £2.6m loss on the 2009 event. FOM chief Bernie Ecclestone has ruled out investing personally in the event, as he has with other circuits, and even suggested that, in the lights of the financial worries, Spa may alternate with another circuit, possibly in Germany, to help alleviate the issue.
The circuit also had its operating licence suspended until 2026 due to noise complaints from local residents in 2007, although that has not stopped the grand prix from being staged since then, but, with potential hosts queuing up to join the series, Ecclestone has warned that weaker existing venues may have to be culled.
"The world and the economy is constantly changing, so we have to be careful," Todt told Belgian newspaper De Standaard, "In Belgium, the problem is less a sporting one, and more one of government. We hope the Belgian Grand Prix will be on the calendar for a long time, because it is a fantastic circuit but, when the money runs out, there is a problem."
Todt was similarly non-committal about the chances of his homeland returning to the schedule. There have been several proposals to make the French Grand Prix a viable addition the F1 calendar, but none has yet to come to fruition, and Todt admits that he has no influence over the situation.
"I am French, but I am not responsible for putting a grand prix in France," he told national sports publication l'Equipe from Korea, "It is about the country, the national federation, the promoter, and Bernie Ecclestone's FOM. When these things come together, the FIA - as legislator - has the responsibility to endorse the circuit. But we are not involved in the process. If you think France should have a grand prix, I think so too, but, unfortunately, not everything is in place."

Kworn

Banned
mrklaw said:

Yeh right

This pissed me the fuck off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom