• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadman

They really need to bring back the lapped cars go through under safety car rule. If the rule was still there then after the safety car we would have had the top 5 drivers in places 1-5 with the 2 at the back on fresh tyres. Could have been awesome.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
RBR have blown it. They had their chance to give Webber the maximum points and a great chance of the WDC but now they will have nothing.

This is McLaren 07 all over again with Kimi nicking it.

navanman said:
RBR have blown it. They had their chance to give Webber the maximum points and a great chance of the WDC but now they will have nothing.

This is McLaren 07 all over again with Kimi nicking it.

They have the constructors. Starting to think that's all they really care about.

S. L.

SLs_official_neogaf_VettelFinger.jpg

The right thing to do

S. L.

wow i don't get the RBR hate. Ferrari got LOADS of hate for that Massa / Alonso thing. RBR plays it fair and gets hate too?

navanman

Dilly said:
Alonso needs 3d place if Vettel goes on to win in Abu Dhabi. Thanks Red Bull

No he doesn't. He only needs 5th in Abu Dhabi.

Dilly said:
I don't see any hate.
Not hating, just looking at it logically, it makes no sense to have Vettel win here.

Awesome for Alonso.

I wonder what will Red Bull do in Abu Dhabi if its like again (Vet Web Alo) and they have to switch their pilots to win the championship...

Massa

Next race will be interesting, if it's Vettel-Webber-Alonso then Vettel will have to open for Webber or they both lose.

Edit: beaten

Pterion

Looking forward to Hamilton winning the WDC by 1 point. :lol

If that doesn't happen, then Webber for WDC please. Anyone but Alonso.

olore

Followed the race via this thread and then joined the live broadcast ten laps from the goal. Looked like a pretty uneventful race yes?

navanman

15 point gap to Alonso for Vettel.
10 points for 5th place, 25 for win, equal on 5 wins each.

If Webber wins and Alonso 3rd, Webber wins WDC though but Vettel has been faster for last few races.

Juicy Bob

As much as I'll hate it if Alonso wins the championship, it would still have been very unfair to Vettel for him to move for Webber when he could still take it for himself next week.

avaya

Juicy Bob said:
As much as I'll hate it if Alonso wins the championship, it would still have been very unfair to Vettel for him to move for Webber when he could still take it for himself next week.

There is no inherent fairness at all. It is not in his hands. He has to hope that Alonso makes huge mistakes. Alonso does not make huge mistakes in crunch situations.

Road

navanman said:
No he doesn't. He only needs 5th in Abu Dhabi.
He needs 4th, no?

If he ends in 5th and Vettel 1st:

Vettel - 256 points, 5 victories, 3 second places, 3 third, 3 fourth
Alonso - 256 points, 5 vicotires, 3 second places, 3 third, 2 fourth

I think?

TylerD

Have to hand it to Alonso. He said that he would finish on podium for the rest of the races and win the WDC and he has done just that and seems to be in a perfect position to take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom