• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dibbz

Is anyone gonna be able to take pole away from a red bull before we get to Barcelona? There car is so fast and with the way their drivers are preforming it'll take something special to snatch it away from them.

Nico Rosberg is really stepping it up which is great to see. The pressure on Schumacher is magnified by Rosberg's current form which has to be tough on the old guy. Can't wait for the race tomorrow the first corner is gonna be brutal.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Dibbz said:
Is anyone gonna be able to take pole away from a red bull before we get to Barcelona? There car is so fast and with the way their drivers are preforming it'll take something special to snatch it away from them.

Nico Rosberg is really stepping it up which is great to see. The pressure on Schumacher is magnified by Rosberg's current form which has to be tough on the old guy. Can't wait for the race tomorrow the first corner is gonna be brutal.

Does anyone need to? Just get into 2nd place and wait for their car to self destruct.

AcridMeat

Banned
StoOgE said:
Does anyone need to? Just get into 2nd place and wait for their car to self destruct.

I would feel very bad for Red Bull if that happened again.

Personally I hope the qualifying is a result that Mercedes is narrowing the gap on the leaders and we'll have the 4 team championship race develop. That is, if Red Bull solves their issues.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
subzero9285 said:
If Red Bull do iron out the reliability gremlins, then Ferrari and co have one hell of battle on their hands, could see quite a few 1-2 finishes.

RBR and Ferrari are going to have a drop off once they have to redo their Aero package in Spain.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Mercedes should be much much closer in Barcelona. They are preparing almost B-spec car with changed weight distribution and brand new aero package.

AcridMeat

Banned
DrM said:
Mercedes should be much much closer in Barcelona. They are preparing almost B-spec car with changed weight distribution and brand new aero package.

This is great news, then Schumi will have no excuses.

AcridMeat

Banned
Too bad no team will ever see Renault's unique aero-package they have in development for Kubica, using his nose to cut through the air resulting in .3 per lap.

I've provided a rough estimation on how the system will work here.
robert-kubica_1106910c.jpg

RdN

AcridMeat said:
Too bad no team will ever see Renault's unique aero-package they have in development for Kubica, using his nose to cut through the air resulting in .3 per lap.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

They'll be unbeatable.

h3ro

I remember Ron Dennis made the same joke about his nose a while back. Can't wait to see either Kubica or Vettel in a red car. :D

Also, anyone know if Heidfeld fired his manager yet? It's seriously a shame that a guy like him didn't have a drive with 24 drivers on the grid. Yes, there are some pay drivers out there but I'll be damned if that guy wasn't a solid driver. He's wasted sitting on the sidelines this year. I was surprised Sauber went with PDLR instead of retaining Quick Nick.

It's going to be a crazy race. I can feeeeeeel it. Too bad I won't be able to watch the race until Monday morning. :/

Chris R

Going to be off to a hockey game shortly, but when I come home it will almost be race time :D

Of course most weather sites are horrible at predicting weather :| just 60% precipitation from now until the end of the race :lol

Pimpwerx

S. L. said:
Noice! I'm pretty damn good at that. The bets...not so much. But I couldn't forsee McLaren and Ferrari being idiots.

Glad to see this thread is passing the other thread. I think if we kept news to the other thread and this one for just race weekends and fantasy then it wouldn't be so weird. But whatever. If it makes everyone happy, I'll restrict my fantasy talk to just one or two posts a weekend. Just that the first two races, it's been the more interesting aspect of the race weekends.

The FIA needs to bring back testing. Off weeks were enjoyable as we could compare testing times. We also got to see new drivers testing as well. The test ban might be the worst change they made to F1. PEACE.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
subzero9285 said:
The development race never stands still unless a team gives up on the season, so I expect all the teams have significant upgrades for the start of the European leg of the season. Will Mercedes' upgrades bring that much of a gain over their rivals, as to put them on par with them or even overtake them? We'll just have to wait and see.

We will see, but according to some sources, weight distribution is causing them biggest problems (due to short wheelbase and car) and this is almost impossible to fix on flyby races. We will see in the next weeks how will things unfold.

Mclaren is currently leading upgrade race, they are flying new parts on every race, but how can this help them if they inverted weather radar colors? :lol

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Webber crashes into someone important within the first 5 laps, maybe first lap.

That's my bet.

It should be a good race though even when he fucks up :D

Dead Man

AcridMeat said:

:lol Awesome. 20 minutes to go.
evlcookie said:
Webber crashes into someone important within the first 5 laps, maybe first lap.

That's my bet.

It should be a good race though even when he fucks up :D
Probably... GO WEBBER! :D

Dead Man

subzero9285 said:
Good morning/evening everyone.
Greetings.
evlcookie said:
Looks like someone is already out? Some smoke from an engine?
You have a stream?

Edit: I've got some South African buggers, but would love some BBC.

Edit2: Hah, they just switched over to BBC, awesome!

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I thought they had to start the race on the set of tires they finished on? Do they let them off when its wet? Why the fuck would they do that?!

Dead Man

Ghost said:
I thought they had to start the race on the set of tires they finished on? Do they let them off when its wet? Why the fuck would they do that?!
They qualified on wets, they would be useless on a dry track.
evlcookie said:
Na it's on ONE HD. I will get adverts up the ass but its good enough
Oh, I was skipping their pre race show, assuming it was just going to be old news and qualy again, maybe I should start watching it in future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom