• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frawdder

Congrats to Webber! A fantastic session and sure to be a very interesting race, especially if there is rain about.

Just my luck, I pick Webber for pole in Australia and Vettel gets it, I picked Vettel for pole here and Webber gets it. ARGH!

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Yep should be a good race. If I was race manager atm, I'd be having an absolute migraine thinking about tomorrow though. Fuck trying to strategize that.

AcridMeat

Banned
Bed calls, cheers everyone, should be a good race.

Fuck, I just remembered that Vettel is only 2 years older than I am. I haven't done shit with my life. :lol

Nice gamble by Webber. Risky but it worked out.

I hope that Vettel gets back some points from the Ferraris and the McLarens tomorrow. He's in a good position to finish on P1 or P2 if he can stay out of trouble.
I also hope that we will see a full race and not a farce like last year.

Bit disappointed by Schumacher. This was his weather.

Bobo

Great qualifying session. after Q1 I was dissapointed with sticking with Shell fuel rather than choosing Total but with that I had the budget to get Force India engine and also keep Sutil. Fantastic stuff from Force India so that paid off well. I hope the Ferrari boys can do better in the race.

My team: Adrian Sutil (For), Bruno Senna (His)
VJM03 (Force India), Mercedes FO108X (F.India), Shell V-Power (Fer, STR)

Dibbz

Crazy qualifying session this morning. Caught the end of Q1 and got to see Alonso and co knocked out at the start. The race is going to be awesome now.

Deadman

Ack, had Sutil but changed at the last minute. Was scared of being too reliant on Force India.

Ferrari and Mclaren are insane for doing what they did, but at least this means tomorrows race will be awesome.

Goldrusher

248 points.

Sutil, Senna, Force India, Force India, Mobil

Would've been 260 if I still had Shell instead of Mobil. Hopefully the McLarens will do better tomorrow. But Force India ftw!

Gavarms

That was a great qualifying session!

Great lap by Webber.

And Schumi.................

Hope he has a stormer tomorrow. Nico really has upped his game

Deadman

navanman said:
How can you tell how many points you have scored for qualifying?

You just have to work it out manually with a copy of the results and the points page.

On that note I scored 307.

S. L.

Made an excel sheet now too :D
should have made this before setting up my team for this race... makes everything much easier -_-

254 points, could have been 280 if i wouldn't have been so conservative about spending money and got the STR instead of keeping the Virgin.

Total Fuel, Sutil, Chandook, Force india Chassi, Virgin Engine.
Everything is unchanged from last race.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Mclaren and Ferrari probably tested new weather and precipitation radar. With inverted colors. :lol

Aegus

Really hoping I didn't make a mistake by picking RBR too soon. I mean they were cheaper than Ferrari/Merc/McL yet are the fastest! They can only go up!

It's like the stock market!:lol

Pimpwerx

I think I got 250 points from qualies, but I'm not sure. My team looks solid:

Sutil Chandhok FI FI Total

Unfortunately, I'm gonna get hosed on my bets. I am giving up the prediction game. Hope on one followed my lead, as I think the only bet I'll get right is Sutil qualifying in the Top10. So far I was right about Force-India being the best bang for the buck though, right? PEACE.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
As a Ferrari fan I'm kind of pissed..

but you can't help but laugh at the two biggest, best funded teams colossally fucking up like that.

Pimpwerx

StoOgE said:
As a Ferrari fan I'm kind of pissed..

but you can't help but laugh at the two biggest, best funded teams colossally fucking up like that.
Yeah. After a good sleep, I can laugh it off. Our teams are just making the show more exciting for everyone else. Still, such a stupid mistake it's mindboggling. PEACE.

S. L.

Pimpwerx said:
I think I got 250 points from qualies, but I'm not sure. My team looks solid:

Sutil Chandhok FI FI Total

Unfortunately, I'm gonna get hosed on my bets. I am giving up the prediction game. Hope on one followed my lead, as I think the only bet I'll get right is Sutil qualifying in the Top10. So far I was right about Force-India being the best bang for the buck though, right? PEACE.

subzero9285 said:
On a side note; the F1 thread comes from behind and takes the lead, leaving the Motorsport thread trailing behind.

Gotta say i liked the Motorsport thread from last year better. This thread here is so much cluttered with unrelated talk about that fantasy F1 thing its not funny anymore.

I would much appreciate it if discussion about the actual sport and that web game could be seperated. Guess i'm more or less alone with that opinion tho.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
subzero9285 said:
On a side note; the F1 thread comes from behind and takes the lead, leaving the Motorsport thread trailing behind.

I think the fantasy league is pretty much the main reason :lol

I miss last years thread since it was a good way to keep up with news from other sports.. but I'm having fun here.

DieselRainbow

Neo Member
Steppenwolf said:
Gotta say i liked the Motorsport thread from last year better. This thread here is so much cluttered with unrelated talk about that fantasy F1 thing its not funny anymore.

I would much appreciate it if discussion about the actual sport and that web game could be seperated. Guess i'm more or less alone with that opinion tho.
I agree with this. I liked the joint thread. I don't really like trailing through pages and pages of people reacting to every little thing that happens in a race whilst they're watching it. All the fantasy points things are a bit annoying too as it's so early in the season and anything could happen. Lol

Schumacher is killing his legacy one race at a time!!!

THIS WAS A QUALY HE USED TO DOMINATE!!!! The master of the wet was disgraced. This is probably the first sign that frustrations are creeping in.

He won wet poles with much inferior cars. Moving to intermediates and taking a "risk" is what Schumacher was known for, but he has lost it. Perhaps not the driving skill, but the NERVES he used to have to do things others wouldn't dare is GONE!!

Time to retire and hand that race seat to Heidfeld before he bows out at the end of the season completely defeated.

h3ro

I'm giddy at the thought of 'Nando and Hamilton carving dudes up coming up from the back of the grid. :D

Another cockup by Ferrari though. I can't imagine how banking in a lap in changing conditions didn't make sense to them. This new group headed by Stephano Domenicalli is never a head of the curve with strategy decisions, always on the back foot. At least the race is going to be bonkers.

What the heck, Schumi? You can't blame the car, the kid parked the same car 2nd on the grid. I'm starting to get Jeffrey Jordan on the Wizards vibes now...

Koshiro

I don't think it's all over for Schuey quite yet, but this was his most worrying performance. This was his turf, and he was underwhelming. It will be very disappointing if he doesn't get back with it, as I'd love to see him going up against Alonzo, Hammy and Vettel.

Edit: Also, I'm sick of people talking about Rosberg as though he's not a great driver - he just hasn't had the car to show it really. Being out-paced by him is not the shocking thing people seem to assume it is.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
DarkJediKnight said:
Schumacher is killing his legacy one race at a time!!!

THIS WAS A QUALY HE USED TO DOMINATE!!!! The master of the wet was disgraced. This is probably the first sign that frustrations are creeping in.

He won wet poles with much inferior cars. Moving to intermediates and taking a "risk" is what Schumacher was known for, but he has lost it. Perhaps not the driving skill, but the NERVES he used to have to do things others wouldn't dare is GONE!!

Time to retire and hand that race seat to Heidfeld before he bows out at the end of the season completely defeated.

Your a little harsh but I agree in principle. Rosberg is really starting to shine and it was Ross idea to bring him to the team rather than tempt Schumacher out of retirement.

Tomorrow will be the big test, can he race it with the big boys tomorrow when the weather inevitably turns to crap.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Koshiro said:
Edit: Also, I'm sick of people talking about Rosberg as though he's not a great driver - he just hasn't had the car to show it really. Being out-paced by him is not the shocking thing people seem to assume it is.
Rosberg did monster lap for this car in such conditions, Schumacher waited one lap too long for the attack.

AcridMeat

Banned
I'm sorry, I think I did my math wrong, can anyone double check for me?

I had Buemi/Senna/Force India/Force India/Total. Thank you!

S. L.

AcridMeat said:
I'm sorry, I think I did my math wrong, can anyone double check for me?

I had Buemi/Senna/Force India/Force India/Total. Thank you!
tell me Buemi and sennas positions and i'll math it for you

AcridMeat

Banned
S. L. said:
tell me Buemi and sennas positions and i'll math it for you

13th for Buemi, 23rd for Senna. I had 198 when I calculated it, but that can't be right. I think I may not have doubled the Force India points I got.

edit: Yup I was right, didn't double the FI points, I got 282 this time. :D

Thanks S.L.!

S. L.

AcridMeat said:
13th for Buemi, 23rd for Senna. I had 198 when I calculated it, but that can't be right. I think I may not have doubled the Force India points I got.
yeah you haven't doubled Engine/Chassi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom