• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha@ vettel giving Lewis Zero room at all at the pit lane and the BBC commentators trying to damage control the unsafe release of Hamilton.

Pimpwerx

Button and or Rosberg have an easy win here. Awful call by everyone else. Drivers have final say on tires IIRC, so another great call by Benson. PEACE.

Acidote

CurlySaysX said:
haha@ vettel giving Lewis Zero room at all at the pit lane and the BBC commentators trying to damage control the unsafe release of Hamilton.

There's a Spanish saying: "En todas partes cuecen habas". Which means something like "It's the same everywhere you go". Well, that's what happened with Alonso's jump start :lol

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Sutil, Vettel and Hamilton mega battle.

Hamilton gets away with it while Sutil raises the finger big style at Vettel. F1 is so boring and predictable!

Pimpwerx

You could totally see Lewis set up that double-pass. Instead of pulling a Mika, he backed off and made the inside-out on two cars. The kid is a master behind the wheel, but he needs to make tire calls like Button, and have a bit more luck with race strategy. But man he is hella fun to watch. :D PEACE.

Stop It

Pimpwerx said:
You could totally see Lewis set up that double-pass. Instead of pulling a Mika, he backed off and made the inside-out on two cars. The kid is a master behind the wheel, but he needs to make tire calls like Button, and have a bit more luck with race strategy. But man he is hella fun to watch. :D PEACE.
That was a stroke of racing genius, he waited for the mistake, and took a tight line, easy.

Webber almost pulls off the same trick, but knowing him he wouldn't have passed Vettel but swiped him out of the race, so thought better of it.
StoOgE said:
Why isn't Hammy in the fucking pit lane for that horseshit he pulled in the pits?
Because it wasn't against the rules? You don't stop racing until you hit the rev limit line in the pit lane.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Pimpwerx said:
Lewis overtaking a legend next. Let's see how much room Michael gives him. PEACE.

Until he gets called into the pits for entering pit lane illegally TWICE in the same race and racing a car in the slow lane in the pits.

Why he hasn't been called in is beyond me.

He blocks like a madman last week with no penalty and this week he is getting a free pass on a clear violation of pit rules.

StoOgE

So, Schummy doesn't have to pit again and the other leaders do correct?

Assuming the weather holds he could be in the cat bird seat.

Stop It

Rain in 3 minutes, same sort of rain, 10 minutes.

Rosberg staying on dry tyres.

Also, write off Schumacher at your peril, his car might be slower but he still knows his racecraft, great battle.
StoOgE said:

Nobody needs to pit, rain nullifies the soft/hard tyre rule.

Dead Man

StoOgE said:
Until he gets called into the pits for entering pit lane illegally TWICE in the same race and racing a car in the slow lane in the pits.

He blocks like a madman last week with no penalty and this week he is getting a free pass on a clear violation of pit rules.
Yeah, even if they were released at the same time, his entries were rubbish, and the exit with Vettel was terrible.

Also wow at Schumi, great defensive driving!

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
StoOgE said:

Yeah top 3 have to pit, they are still on the soft tyre.

Or I'm wrong...

Pimpwerx

StoOgE said:

It was legal. You're allowed to go off, just like Massa going off course before going in. That was some fun racing with Michael and Lewis. Lewis did not do the best bit of driving, but he did kinda outfox Michael in that hairpin. Michael put on a nice little clinic on defensive driving there. PEACE.

Stop It

Schumacher finally relents, but he didn't give Hamilton any room, and gave him a scare by slipstreaming HIM after the overtake.

Still, I can't help but think rain is going to mix this up again....Vettel vs Schumacher up next.

Oh. That was anti-climatic, I wonder if the Anti-Vettel brigade are going to criticise his overtaking skills this time?

StoOgE

Pimpwerx said:
It was legal. You're allowed to go off, just like Massa going off course before going in. That was some fun racing with Michael and Lewis. Lewis did not do the best bit of driving, but he did kinda outfox Michael in that hairpin. Michael put on a nice little clinic on defensive driving there. PEACE.

He didn't go off because he lost grip.. He intentionally cut across the gravel on the first pitstop and dove across the white line into another cars racing line the second time. Then he decided to race a car that was clearly ahead of him while he was in the line that pitworkers occupy.

There is nothing even remotely legal about what he did.

legend166

I'm still trying to work out what happened at the beginning.

Webber was essentially first, with Alonso having the impending drive-through penalty. Then he had to pit twice because Red Bull is run by morons and now he's so far back. Most unlucky guy ever.

Also, can someone explain to me where all this slipstream stuff is coming from? What happened to the whole 'dirty air' problem?

StoOgE

Blablurn said:
damn, i hope schumi gehs some more speed in the upcoming races.

doesn't seem likely. It was a real letdown.. I mean, passing Michael should be a big fucking deal.. but instead he just killed him on a straight.

Dead Man

legend166 said:
I'm still trying to work out what happened at the beginning.

Webber was essentially first, with Alonso having the impending drive-through penalty. Then he had to pit twice because Red Bull is run by morons and now he's so far back. Most unlucky guy ever.

Also, can someone explain to me where all this slipstream stuff is coming from? What happened to the whole 'dirty air' problem?
Dirty air only effects the cars during cornering since it disrupts the aerodynamic downforce of the cars. On straights, no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom