• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
:lol pretty amazing how different Button and Hamiltons races have been, sums up the differences between them perfectly, Button has just made the right calls while Hamilton has been constantly pushing to make up for errors.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
rhfb said:
Don't worry, stewards will take it away after the race is over.

The same Hammy that they put back on track with a crane when he pitched it off course?

Unlikely.

He has to run up the back of a parked car in the pits to get a penalty.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
StoOgE said:
Wow.. Hammy has a fuck up in the pits AND still gains a spot.

Pretty amazing.
Yep, Rosbergs tyres were utter dire by the end, 1 lap too late pitting.

Anyway, raining heavier in certain parts of the track, which means that these inters shouldn't die, as much.

Brundle jinxing Button re: the SC fun.

One issue with Teds idea to let Hamilton try to make the the potential "20 second penalty" for the pit lane fun: Button is not being caught by Hamilton, :lol
idahoblue said:
Nah, they'll dock him 5 grid places next race. Bullshit if they do. They should have looked at it during the race.
Blatant cop out, that's not the FIA style at all!

Pimpwerx

Jenson's driving away now. Oh well. The talk of a penalty for Lewis is kinda bullshit, but whatever. It's not like I'm surprised. PEACE.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Webber's wet race settings meaning he is catching Vettel really quick.

Hats off to Button again. His race craft and strategy have been spot-on again.

Jinjo

Epic battle coming up. Will the "non-worthy" champion be the first to take a second win this season or will Hamilton get the one win he's been hungry for since the start of the season?

Also there is no 25 second penalty after the race. That's only a possibility if there has been no time to serve the drivethrough penalty during the race, because the incident happened in the last few laps. This is not the case now.

Stop It

Webber is on fire, someone fetch the fire brigade!!

Or, he was, a 1:47 turns into an average 1:49 the next lap. Hamilton took a second out of Button last lap, but this one...Button 4 tenths faster with a 1:47.1?

Lap times pinging all over the place, what the hell is going on?

FuturusX

Ghost said:
:lol wtf? How does he deserve it? Because he fucked up the tire choice again?

Yeah I was kidding but....

I appreciate pure fast driving and overtaking, you know like the old days. What ever the result. Hamilton's passing has been amazing.

Stop It

FuturusX said:
Yeah I was kidding but....

I appreciate pure fast driving and overtaking, you know like the old days. What ever the result. Hamilton's passing has been amazing.
While i totally agree, it is not Buttons fault that he hasn't needed to overtake. He is serenely buggering off, again.

If Button isn't a worthy World Champion, then I am the King of Siam.

Anyway, Massa and Petrov murdering Alguersuari, as does Sutil, his race ruined.

Rosberg has murdered his tyres it seems? (Wait, wasn't last years Merc, the Brawn, epic on tyre management?) and Alonso has cruised up his arse.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Alonso is going to overtake Rosberg for 3rd IMO.

Button and Hamilton in formation I'd say. Both just keeping it going till the end.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Started to fall asleep on the lounge from the beers :lol

Will watch the last handful of laps early tomorrow morning. Great race so far though. Whoever said no refueling would make races boring!?

Dead Man

navanman said:
Alonso is going to overtake Rosberg for 3rd IMO.

Button and Hamilton in formation I'd say. Both just keeping it going till the end.
Incredible driving from Alonso and Hamilton today, dodgy tactics not withstanding.

Pimpwerx

OK, looks like 2nd it is for the day. Great result for the team if they get the 1-2. I actually had the finish picked as Hammer, Button, Rosberg, so let's see if Nico can at least hold his place. Anyone that picked Renault and sacrificed drivers will make out well this week in the fantasy league. I'm about to pass out as soon as the checkers fly. PEACE.

Stop It

speedpop said:
Started to fall asleep on the lounge from the beers :lol

Will watch the last handful of laps early tomorrow morning. Great race so far though. Whoever said no refueling would make races boring!?
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Bernie/the FIA needs to mandate a minimum of 5 (or 25% as of next year) of races to be wet. If the weather doesn't do the trick, install sprinkler systems.

Edit: Hamiltons tyres more like slicks than anything.

FuturusX

Stop It said:
While i totally agree, it is not Buttons fault that he hasn't needed to overtake. He is serenely buggering off, again.

If Button isn't a worth World Champion, then I am the King of Siam.

Anyway, Massa and Petrov murdering Alguersuari, as does Sutil, his race ruined.

Rosberg has murdered his tyres it seems? (Wait, wasn't last years Merc, the Brawn, epic on tyre management?) and Alonso has cruised up his arse.

Take nothing away from Button. He's a worthy world champion. I just love a driver taking a charge through the field to win a race.

Button is smooth and it seems like tyre management is key these days. Props to him.

Timbuktu

Stop It said:

If Button isn't a worthy World Champion, then I am the King of Siam.

Yeah, it's not like he couldn't overtake Rosberg. AND he get the big calls right and look after the tires, as it's showing now.

Stop It

idahoblue said:
Again. The guy is death on tyres. But he should make it to the end, which is all that matters.
Just, he has a gap of 8 seconds, and 6 laps.

Which comes first, the finish line or Rosberg? Button - as long as he doesn't explode - is doing an Iwata impression right about now.

Edit: Make that 5 laps, Rosberg and Alonso no faster. Button has been told to turn his engine down methinks, very slow that last lap but too far in front to care.

Jinjo

Stop It said:
Just, he has a gap of 8 seconds, and 6 laps.

Which comes first, the finish line or Rosberg? Button - as long as he doesn't explode - is doing an Iwata impression right about now.

Rosberg and Hamilton are lapping at the same pace. No worries there. It's a McLaren 1-2. How long has it been since we had one of those?
It's 2007.
Great stuff.

Goddammit McLaren, this is getting intenser than I thought it would.:lol

Stop It

Oof, Button locking up on the hairpin, if this was a track like er...Monaco, Spa etc, he would have been doomed.

Heart, mouth, Button must be bricking it.

Edit: Hamilton trying to kill himself too, yikes.

Stop It

Timbuktu said:
Well, Massa was leading it before without a win.
Something something MotoGP points system does that something something.

Anyway, I can barely watch. 1 tyre bugger up between any of these guys and a wall. I'm scared.

Edit: Massa has never been any good in the wet, but that overtake move was TERRIBLE.

Stop It

FuturusX said:
Petrov having a great race!
He just took a sliding Webber right out.

Anyway, 2.7 seconds, 2 laps. My word F1 is boring nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom