• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TylerD

I sacrificed with Lotus on my engine so I could pick up Kubica. I sure hope he qualifies and places well so I can get some big driver points.

Q1 was pretty routine compared to what I thought it could be.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
This is going to be the closest pole of the year. The top 6 are really close.

Anyone can take it but Massa and Rosberg look really good.

S. L.

both my drivers are out, but that was to be expected.
Unless RBR has some more speed for Q3 stashed away Rosberg has a pretty good chance for pole i guess. He has fresh sets for of option tires now.

Orgun

Fantastic lap from Kubica!

God I hate hate hate Legard, I wish you could get 5 live commentary of the race through the red button

navanman

Damn, my bet is shot. I had Kubica for pole.

Hamilton on 3rd row is a blow for him although Massa could get a penalty for blocking.

Leonsito

Fantastic stuff from Webber and Kubica.

I have the feeling that this is not the definitive order for tomorrow, let the protests begin !

Dead Man

Awesome stuff from Webber and Kubica. Massa looked a bit suspect, possible blocking? Hopefully it will be a good race tomorrow.

navanman

Still going for Kubica for tomorrow. He has the most consistent pace of all the drivers even after several laps on the tyres.

Webber has had the match of Vettel for the last 2 races, quite easily in fact.

Deadman

Button on thursday: Drivers shouldnt get angry, people get blocked but its monaco, that happens.

Button on saturday: Massa blocked me and its ruined my life!

Dead Man

Deadman said:
Button on thursday: Drivers shouldnt get angry, people get blocked but its monaco, that happens.

Button on saturday: Massa blocked me and its ruined my life!
Accidental blocking = shit happens.
Intentional blocking = irritation.

John_B

Webber, Kubica, Hamilton for tomorrow.

Webber will be fast. Kubica won't risk overtaking. Vettel's car will blow up and land in the harbour. Massa will spin a couple of times. Let's just hope for rain.

Massa seriously blocked Button, reprimand incoming?

Don't think I did too badly out of qualifying in the end, even though Sutil was nowhere (nor, unsurprisingly, was di Grassi), as I'd sacrificed my second driver for an upgrade to Renault engines (I've got FI chassis and Total fuel as well), and correctly bet that Hamilton wouldn't be in the top 3 and that Webbles will be pole. I've also got Webber down for all the podium positions as well, so fingers crossed he'll do me proud.

S. L.

somehow i managed to get more points out of this qualifying than last races.
not complaining, but certainly could have done better

Wes

venison crêpe
Remember last year?

zd2j2022_opt.jpg

Dilly

Banned
I was yelling at my television when it looked like Kubica was going to get pole :lol . Webber screwed up the big moment :(

Shaneus

Not being the most hardcore F1 follower, what is it with Webber this year? Is it the car, the driver or the competition? I mean, it was painfully obvious during his early RBR years (and pretty much his entire run at Jag) that reliability was an issue and car performance at Williams but it seems like now everything else is running smoothly we can finally focus on his ability which seems to be rock-solid and consistent.

Dead Man

I think this picture sums up qualifying today:
d10mon1113.jpg

Vettel: Third? WTF is this shit

Webber: Hell YEAH!

Kubica: Get your hand off me, Webber.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Shaneus said:
Not being the most hardcore F1 follower, what is it with Webber this year?
This year is his last year to do something. Also, RBR is bloody fast this year and he is gentle on his car (Vettel is on the other side of this spectrum).

avaya

Deadman said:
Massa hasn't been penalised for blocking button.

As well he shouldn't be.

Mercedes are idiots for sending out both their drivers in a position where they'd both block each other. Fucking hell Ross.

Seanspeed

Banned
Shaneus said:
Not being the most hardcore F1 follower, what is it with Webber this year? Is it the car, the driver or the competition? I mean, it was painfully obvious during his early RBR years (and pretty much his entire run at Jag) that reliability was an issue and car performance at Williams but it seems like now everything else is running smoothly we can finally focus on his ability which seems to be rock-solid and consistent.
Webber being a bit underrated is what happened.

I think Webber improved as a driver after his 05 season. 06 was rocky because of an inconsistent car, but he did well to shine when he could. Monaco that year was a high point. In 07, he drove a brilliantly quick and consistent season. There was lots of bad luck and reliability problems that occured when he was in good points positions, leaving his place in the standings to be completely unrepresentative of his efforts. 08 started well when the car was in good shape, but as the season went on, the car went backwards relative to the others and he had a bit of a '2006' struggle. 09, he didn't capitalize completely on his opportunity, but he did show he was unbeatable on his day.

And now here we are - finally seeing that Webber can *indeed* drive the socks off an F1 car. I think he's a bit more pressured now, and has made more mistakes than he would have liked, but I think that he's capable of being incredibly consistent, in which case he'll be a huge threat for the WDC.

Chris R

Pretty nice qualifying. Sucks that Alonso wasn't able to even get on the track to get out of Q3 or Q2 (Didn't have him winning the pole after the crash, but for some stupid reason I still have him wining the race as my bet :| ) Kubica didn't get the pole either, but I did get Hammy not getting in the top 3 :D

Buemi failed me though. Better not crash out early in the race :<

Im in a sports bar in tokyo getting loaded for the race. Hoping for the right brazilian to bring out the right safety car at the right time to get Alonso the win.

Make it so Massa you fucking loser!

Templar Wizard said:
Im in a sports bar in tokyo getting loaded for the race. Hoping for the right brazilian to bring out the right safety car at the right time to get Alonso the win.

Would take a bit more than a safety car to get Alonso into a position to win.

megateto

Templar Wizard said:

Remember to scream Puxa Alonso!!! whenever Fernando manages to gain a position, true Asturian style XD.

shas'la

Templar Wizard said:

Gimmie a heads up if you have a good experience watching the race there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom