• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucius86

Banned
operon said:
Is that answer to the bonus question wrong, going by what I can fine on wikipedia I get an answer not there

Well I definitely found it there......it was under 'Recent Developments'.

Dead Man

jey_16 said:
the question is a bit odd because do they want the amount for each year or for all 5 years?
I assumed it was the total for all five years. But as usual, the wording is a bit average.

mus6677

I'm confused on how to answer the bonus Q.

I've found on some forum that said the amount paid is 100mil less than the amount that in the wikipedia...

operon

I assumed it was for the 5 years, wikipedia gives u an amount per year, when I multiply that by 5 it gives me an answer which is not an option

Lucius86

Banned
operon said:
I assumed it was for the 5 years, wikipedia gives u an amount per year, when I multiply that by 5 it gives me an answer which is not an option

With that logic, select the yearly option :D

operon

it said 30 milllion and not its been changed to 35 million a reace so someone is messing with it
that why I said couldn't get the answer as it had said 30 million by 5 = 150 not in the bonus question

Massa

Massa and Scuderia Ferrari together until the end of 2012
Maranello, 9 June - Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro announces that it has extended its contract with Felipe Massa, who will now drive for the team until the end of the 2012 racing season.

Felipe has been with the Scuderia since 2001. To date, he has competed in 69 Grands Prix for the team: he has taken eleven wins, 30 podium placings, 51 points finishes, fifteen pole positions and twelve fastest race laps, scoring a total of 360 championship points.

“I am happy to be given the opportunity to drive for Ferrari for a further two seasons,” said Felipe. “Throughout my entire Formula 1 career, I have always raced with an engine made in Maranello and it is a matter of pride for me to be able to continue working with a team that I regard as a second family.”

“Felipe has been part of Ferrari for almost a decade and together with us, he has grown as a driver and as a man, going through some very difficult times as well as giving us moments of great happiness,” commented Stefano Domenicali. “We wanted to show proof of stability for the future, believing in the worth of a driver pairing that is without equal in terms of talent, speed and its ability to work together for the good of the team.”

http://www.ferrari.com/English/Form...100609_Massa_Scuderia_Ferrari_until_2012.aspx

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I thought it was 65mill, as another article said about £8.5m per year which is £42.5m for the five years, which comes to around $64m.

Dead Man

navanman said:
So is everyone saying the correct answer is the total amount of 5 years based on the NYT blog?
Fuck it, I'll say it. I have selected 75 million, based off the actual figure of 15 million in the NYT link, and the full duration of 5 years.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Good man. That's what I put down as the total too.

It was like everyone was answering the question without actually giving the answer.

Lucius86

Banned
navanman said:
Good man. That's what I put down as the total too.

It was like everyone was answering the question without actually giving the answer.

People complained before about others posting the answer outright. I went for 75mil too.

Dead Man

Lucius86 said:
People complained before about others posting the answer outright. I went for 75mil too.
Yeah, some were a bit put out by that, I think in a case like this it should not be a problem for anyone.

operon

Aye with the confusion regarding the wikipedia entry, I think us saying which answer we're going with is fine, in my case 75 million as well

S. L.

Templar Wizard said:
Nooooooooooooooo Massa..............
horrible news :(
eh Ferraris drivers are the least of their problems

The Webber news is much more dissapointing.
No Kimi-Vettel :((

Pimpwerx

Yeah, I'd interpreted the answer as $75M as opposed to the $15M per year. The question does mention the range of dates, so I assume it's cumulative dollars. Still...I was hoping to take advantage of some poor reading comprehension this weekend. :D

I'm gonna pay close attention to practice and qualies this weekend. I want to take that top spot, so I think I'm gonna try a different team package. PEACE.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
No wonder that RBR guys tried to hide the backside of their car.

I am very eager to see new parts on Mclaren and if Ferrari can get nearer to RBR and Mclaren.

Good boy, Massa, you will be playing the slave in Team Alonso for two more years :lol

S. L.

Pimpwerx said:
Yeah, I'd interpreted the answer as $75M as opposed to the $15M per year. The question does mention the range of dates, so I assume it's cumulative dollars. Still...I was hoping to take advantage of some poor reading comprehension this weekend. :D

I'm gonna pay close attention to practice and qualies this weekend. I want to take that top spot, so I think I'm gonna try a different team package. PEACE.
I'm suspecting you have a huge load of money stashed away, you barely seem to be changing your team from race to race :lol

also unless Mcl is gonna show a clear advantage in training i'm probably gonna stick with RBR

Leunam

Dead Man said:
Well, it is still better than last years tantrums! :D

Yeah, I couldn't find any the same format, sorry.

Edit: LOL at new avatar! :lol

Edit2 Oh, it changes, nice. Is that new, or did I always just see the Hammy picture before?

Thanks for trying anyway. :)

And yeah, it changes now. Not dogging Webber, I actually like the guy, I just had to use that shot. I also need one in yellow for Kubica but it's all good.

Pimpwerx

navanman said:
Another driver getting a new chassis because of poor performances and suspected damage.

Source
I don't understand FI's continued use of di Resta on Fridays. He's not showing well, and taking away from two darn good drivers in Sutil and Liuzzi. Sutil has paid dividends for me this season in the fantasy league, as has Liuzzi. I switched from Liuzzi to Petrov right after Spain, I think. I don't know why FI isn't giving both these guys full cockpit time since they're both still improving.

The only thing I can think is that some teams are scouting one or both of their drivers. Sutil must be the one on the move. And if I was to guess, I'd say maybe Mercedes or Renault? Just a random thought. I don't know if anyone's paying attention, but he's got 22 points in a friggin' Force-India, and Schuey only has 34 in a Merc. :lol He's my all-time favorite driver, but he's really not the same. PEACE.

navanman

Pimpwerx said:
That translates to "We don't need another one of our engines in front of us." :lol PEACE.

Its to be expected TBH. Do Red Bull really expect any of their biggest rivals to give them a more competitive engine & gearbox? All the teams are doing their best to bet them not help them make them even more dominant.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Leunam said:
Montreal track?

Hey, i found it -
montreal.jpg
. It is on FIA site :lol

Dead Man

An update from subzero9285:

subzero9285 said:
I wanted to applaud Leunam for taking up the slack and doing a fantastic job with the previews, and Navanman for keeping the thread alive during the breaks, and also Dieselrainbow for his efforts in the motorsport thread. Great job guys.

Leunam wants a map for his Canadian GP preview, here it is;

http://www.fia.com/en-GB/sport/championships/f1/2010/canada/Pages/circuit.aspx

Also, I want to thank Wes for his stunning World Cup thread, and his continuing efforts with it.

Obviously DrM already tracked down the map, good work!

navanman

Today is the auction of what was once going to be USF1, the interesting thing is that there are lots of stuff for auction but hardly any of it related to actually manufacturing an F1 car.
The US F1 dream finally ends today when the contents of the factory go up for auction in Charlotte at 0930 local time.

The list of lots reveals just how much equipment the team had bought, and which represents a considerable investment. Items include everything from office chairs and wastebins to a truck along with some state-of-the-art machinery.

However there is virtually nothing that relates directly to the car apart from a chassis mock-up, a chassis mould, and a single wheel.

The most unusual items are paintings of Dan Gurney and Mario Andretti, a barbecue, and an apparently unused bottle of champagne…
us-f1-was-here.jpg

Link to the auction is here:
http://www.bidspotter.com/forms/imagegallery.php?gallery=10981&page=1

DrM

Redmond's Baby
German media is reporting that Ross Brawn will decide after Silverstone, if they will still develop car for this season or they will switch almost all resources into 2011 car.

From J. Legard twitter:
McLaren upgrades include new front and rear wings for Canada. For Silverstone, though, Button and Hamilton will have pretty much a new car
New front suspension for both drivers at Renault who're expecting to mix it with Mercedes. Team feel Kubica could be stronger than in Monaco

navanman

Jesus, McLaren are just insane with bringing out upgrades. Very impressive stuff.

I hope Mercedes don't ditch their car for this year. It didn't exactly work out for Ferrari last year and certainly didn't harm McLaren for this year.

S. L.

DrM said:
German media is reporting that Ross Brawn will decide after Silverstone, if they will still develop car for this season or they will switch almost all resources into 2011 car.
abandoning the 2010 would be highly disappointing, especially now that it is a full Mercedes team.
The better take out their development whip and motivate their engineers a bit :p

It worked for Honda/Brawn because of the massive rule changes that year, but i doubt it will work again... (see Ferrari)

Deadman

On the mclaren homepage it has various countdowns to the next race. Examples are how many laps of the canadian grand prix you could do, or how many times a wheel would rotate in that time.

One of them is how many updates to the MP4-25 could be done, which reveals that on average the car is updated once every 20 minutes.

See it here

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I think that they mean they could evalute an upgrade every 20 minutes or so. Otherwise, that intro is SO COOL.

Mclaren seems very well organized. But we will see how will they cope with that 300 employee limit for 2011 (or something like that). Mercedes is according to Brawn, already on that limit this year, some other top teams are not.

@ S.L. : hm, German press will be very unhappy if they switch to 2011 development. But, if we look from next season perspective - DDD will be gone, driver operated F-duct will be gone, KERS will probably return, so we will see some changes. So, if Ross is wise, he will decide to minimize 2010 development plan and focus on 2011.
Also, if we will see KERS - Mclaren and Mercedes will use the same KERS unit. Mercedes is still working on them.

S. L.

DrM said:
Mclaren seems very well organized. But we will see how will they cope with that 300 employee limit for 2011 (or something like that). Mercedes is according to Brawn, already on that limit this year, some other top teams are not.
they could fire everybody during their sleep/off time and rehire them in the morning. that way they can work two shifts with 600 people :p

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I've heard that Ferrari has almost 800 people working on F1 cars. So chasis, aerodynamic and engine department (which is the largest, with 300+ people).

But they will found some ways to get around this rule...some outside contractors, disguised in construction workers or gardeners :lol
Mclaren and Ferrari could hide some staff under sports car divisions, Mercedes into AMG, Renault into road car division somewhere in Russia (chief aerodynamice engineer for F1 car working on new Twingo :lol )....

Goldrusher

Deadman said:
On the mclaren homepage it has various countdowns to the next race. Examples are how many laps of the canadian grand prix you could do, or how many times a wheel would rotate in that time.

One of them is how many updates to the MP4-25 could be done, which reveals that on average the car is updated once every 20 minutes.

See it here
180 bpm average driver heartbeat ? Damn.

Pimpwerx

Code:
2010 F1 Team Budgets and Payment Speed

Team	Est. 2010budget
Ferrari	 £260m	 
McLaren	 £137m	 
Mercedes	 £173m	 
Williams	 £85m	 
Renault	 £134m	 
Red Bull Racing	 £134m	 
Toro Rosso	 £82m	 
Force India	 £78m	
Sauber	 £46m	 
Lotus	 £52m	 
Virgin	 £36m	 
HRT	 £33m
Source: http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=40573

Not sure how reliable this is, but looks like Ferrari still far outspends everyone else. And with no real gain either. I've seen a list with McLaren at 220 and Ferrari at 240, but that's the closest I've seen. Everyone else's numbers seem to make sense. PEACE.

navanman

FP1 is under way. Track is really really dirty so very little action going on at all until last few minutes.
In the early pace, McLaren & Mercedes are looking good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom