• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official "Free" NES/GBA games for 3DS thread of Nintendo's guilt

Rehynn

Boney said:
You did whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Me too. I was just starting out with my first serious band and basically poured all my money into music. Well worth it, but it meant missing out on some really good gaming. And now I'm here to make it all up.

Jokeropia

shahkur said:
Do I need to register my 3DS on Club Nintendo as well as having logged on to the eshop before August 11th? I'm confused. Someone, please help me.
From the press release:
These free games are available to anyone who owns a Nintendo 3DS system and uses a wireless broadband Internet signal to connect to the Nintendo eShop at least once before 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on Aug. 11. These users will automatically be registered in the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador program.
Just connect to the eShop and you should be fine.

yankee666

So when the NES VC for the 3DS is released, can i transfer all my NES VC (Wii) games that i purchased to the 3Ds? or i need to buy them again?

Lol who i im kidding, i know the wont let me transfer them so i will triple dip ......, they better put SMB 3 + TLOZ : ALTTP for free!!!

ZeroCDR

Uh oh, I sent my 3DS for repair yesterday! Now I did log onto the E-shop several times before that, but what if they have to replace my system and I don't get it back before the 11th?

They said they will transfer over all my shop stuff to any replacement unit, but will that count?

Futureman

yankee666 said:
So when the NES VC for the 3DS is released, can i transfer all my NES VC (Wii) games that i purchased to the 3Ds? or i need to buy them again?

if Nintendo doesn't set up some kind of transfer system, they deserve to be berated by the press (and consumers). They've got to be clueless if they think people will buy multiple copies of virtual games so they work on every system. They need to realise there is more profit potential by saying, "Buy a VC title, and it works on every system we make" instead of the bullshit "Buy 3 copies of SMB if you want to play it on your 3DS, Wii, and Wii U LOL."

shahkur

Jokeropia said:
From the press release:Just connect to the eShop and you should be fine.

Thank You. I hope this works without any problems.

Anyone know what happened to Yoshi's Island and other games being redone in 3D? Is this that? Or this just a straight port/emulation?

PikaZeroX said:
Uh oh, I sent my 3DS for repair yesterday! Now I did log onto the E-shop several times before that, but what if they have to replace my system and I don't get it back before the 11th?

They said they will transfer over all my shop stuff to any replacement unit, but will that count?

I'm in the same situation... but I sent my system last Saturday.

I already sent them an e-mail and they told me that they just checked and they saw that I have accessed the eShop and that I have been online with the system, so I'm already covered.

Same with you. Don't worry.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
duckroll said:
For the GBA VC games, it gets even weirder. While there is no release date for those other than within 2011, Nintendo is outright saying that they currently have NO plans to ever sell such games

I know they don't call the shots but NOE's pr is worded differently, it says there are no plans to sell them "at the moment".

Roto13

Dash Kappei said:
I know they don't call the shots but NOE's pr is worded differently, it says there are no plans to sell them "at the moment".
"Currently" and "at the moment" mean the same thing. :p

Korosenai

I am honestly much more happy getting 20 free games then saving $80, because I probably would have bought all of these games anyway. And I am very proud of my 3ds purchase because i've probably already put in about 100 hours on pokemon black, OoT, and pokemon platinum alone.

Roto13

The only GBA game I'm really specifically hoping for is Minish Cap. I own it, but I'd like to be able to play it on my 3DS.

Drkirby said:
After playing both English GBA ones, I rather it didn't. It likely will though.

What's wrong with Maximum Velocity? GP Legend, yeah I can understand the hate for that (Suzak garbage) but there's nothing wrong with Maximum Velocity at all. It's a great game!

Takao

Banned
Raine said:
I want a Pokemon game damnit

Instead of Pokemon, they should partner up with Natsume and get Medabots. That way you can have your Pokemon-style RPG while not hurting sales from future Pokemon eShop releases, and enjoy a great game you probably never would've played.

Roto13

Takao
Medabots Medabots Medabots
oh god i am drowning in them

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Eh...still regret getting the 3DS thus far. Would another year of development and more and better releases help?

This is Nintendo we're talking about...

chixdiggit

How do I register my system to become a 3DS ambassador? I have already downloaded stuff from the shop, is that good enough?

KAL2006

Banned
Futureman said:
if Nintendo doesn't set up some kind of transfer system, they deserve to be berated by the press (and consumers). They've got to be clueless if they think people will buy multiple copies of virtual games so they work on every system. They need to realise there is more profit potential by saying, "Buy a VC title, and it works on every system we make" instead of the bullshit "Buy 3 copies of SMB if you want to play it on your 3DS, Wii, and Wii U LOL."

Exactly, I was hoping 3DS will be able to play all the VC games from Wii. It would be lame if you have to rebuy the games again. Hell the PSP plays PS1 Classics which you can buy and play on PS3.

Takao

Banned
Roto13 said:
Takao
oh god i am drowning in them

There is a Medabots game in development for 3DS.

You gotta believe!

If I got a tag, I'd like it to be something like "Preaching the gospel according to Ikki Tenyrou since 2009" or something, lol

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Takao said:
Instead of Pokemon, they should partner up with Natsume and get Medabots. That way you can have your Pokemon-style RPG while not hurting sales from future Pokemon eShop releases, and enjoy a great game you probably never would've played.
It will never happen, even though I wish it did. The English GBA Medabots game is one of my Favorite RPGs on the system.

Takao

Banned
Drkirby said:
It will never happen, even though I wish it did. The English GBA Medabots game is one of my Favorite RPGs on the system.

If Natsume cared about localizing Medarot 3D for 3DS, or even an up-port of DS giving away the old RPG would be probably the best marketing they could do. But they don't care about the future of Medabots, and besides, even if they did, Nintendo wouldn't let them.

Izayoi

Banned
So is it bad if I can't seem to link my 3DS to my Club Nintendo account? Am I going to get fucked out of my games? Help. :(

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Anybody have a list of Nintendo-produced games on the GBA so we can try and guess what will be the other 5? I can't find a link.

Were Gameboy Advance games ever multiplayer?

It's rather coincidental, I was just looking for my copy of Mario Kart for GBA recently and couldn't find it, and now it's been announced as a free download for 3DS.

I didn't pay for my 3DS so I'm very happy with the free games

Squall5042 said:
Plenty of them were, but you had to deal with link cables.

Still, I have rather delicious memories of link cable multi-player on Shining Soul II.

Takao

Banned
Medabots turns 10 years old September 1 (in North America - it turns 15 next year in Japan). This cannot be a coincidence. My brains is melting, bsajdfsdfgbasdgf

Squall5042 said:

A lot had local multiplayer via link cable or the wireless multiplayer adapter.

Takao said:
Medabots turns 10 years old September 1 (in North America - it turns 15 next year in Japan). This cannot be a coincidence. My brains is melting, bsajdfsdfgbasdgf

A lot had local multiplayer via link cable or the wireless multiplayer adapter.

Was Mario Kart one of these?

Squall5042 said:

It's rather coincidental, I was just looking for my copy of Mario Kart for GBA recently and couldn't find it, and now it's been announced as a free download for 3DS.

I didn't pay for my 3DS so I'm very happy with the free games

The one you're looking for was. You could play all tracks if they other 1-3 people had the cart or link up with one with the cart and play a couple tracks.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Takao said:
I always get a warm and fuzzy feeling while reading your posts about Medabots.

JazzmanZ

If the last 5 GBA games did have some 3rd party in it I rather have

-Aria of sorrow
-Minish cap
-Zero mission
-Astro boy omega factor
-Megaman and Bass

BY2K

Membero Americo
JazzmanZ said:
If the last 5 GBA games did have some 3rd party in it I rather have

-Aria of sorrow
-Minish cap
-Zero mission
-Astro boy omega factor
-Megaman and Bass

Does not compute.

outunderthestars said:
Walmart and Best Buy will both refund the difference within 30 days. Amazon too.....

Amazon stopped doing this since long time. Current policy is this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_468502_postorder?nodeId=468502#postorder

Post-Order Price Match Policy

With the exception of TVs, we do not offer post-order price matching when an item's price drops after you buy it. Our prices regularly change, and the price you paid when your order shipped was the lowest price we were able to offer at the time. We consistently offer competitive prices on everything we carry because we know low prices are very important to our customers.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Roto13 said:
"Currently" and "at the moment" mean the same thing. :p
:p

I was referring to the "ever" part, that one is swapped with "at the moment".
It sounds pretty different to say something like "we currently have no plans to EVER sell them on the eShop" stat, to "at the moment, we have no plans to sell them on the eShop".
Hopefully I've explained myself :)

Top Bottom