• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official "Free" NES/GBA games for 3DS thread of Nintendo's guilt

Franchuzas87 said:
Damn, I can never resist make a Zelda ranking!

Awesome Zeldas:

A Link to the Past
Link's Awakening
Ocarina of Time
Oracle of Ages
Oracle of Seasons
Majora's Mask

Great Zeldas:

The Legend of Zelda
The Wind Waker
Twilight Princess

Good Zeldas:

Phantom Hourglass
Spirit Tracks

Okay Zeldas:

The Adventure of Link
The Minish Cap

fixed according to my own verb

Roto13 said:
Gimme Kid Icarus so I finally play it.
A warning - in terms of modern gaming, Kid Icarus starts out uber hard, slow-paced, and frustrating; the first level is the hardest in the game. It's a game that gets both easier and better as you progress, but for a lot of people, they get too frustrated to get to that point.

Boney

Banned
TunaLover said:
It say eShop is not available for my region
I log in via United States.

Maybe Brazil has the eShop available, and that should do it.

Does this mean that anybody that picks the system before the 18th can log in via Brazil and be an Ambassador?

Javier

TunaLover said:
It say eShop is not available for my region
The eShop is not available in most Latin American countries, but it will become available when the free stuff is up.

I'm from Chile, but I have my 3DS set up to USA so I can have full eShop access. I don't recommend doing that now, since it could mess up your settings and cost you your free games. Just keep it as you have it and the games should be available soon.

EDIT: Boninja'd

Nessus

Really hope Drill Dozer is one of the unannounced GBA games, as well as the GBA port of Link To The Past, would prefer that to Minish Cap.

If they include the e-Reader levels in Mario 3 GBA (if that ends up being one of the games) I'll be very impressed.

AniHawk

Awesome Zeldas:

twilight princess
link's awakening

Great Zeldas:

the minish cap

Good Zeldas:

majora's mask
oracle of ages
the wind waker
ocarina of time
four swords adventure
the legend of zelda

Okay Zeldas:

spirit tracks
a link to the past

BAD ZELDAS
phantom hourglass
adventures of link
oracle of seasons

i'm thinking there will be a lot of issues with skyward sword. but if they're overwhelmed by so many awesome new things, it'll probably slot ahead of tmc.

not sure why this just happened.

AniHawk said:
Awesome Zeldas:

twilight princess
link's awakening

Great Zeldas:

the minish cap

Good Zeldas:

majora's mask
oracle of ages
the wind waker
ocarina of time
four swords adventure
the legend of zelda

Okay Zeldas:

spirit tracks
a link to the past

BAD ZELDAS
phantom hourglass
adventures of link
oracle of seasons
Well Travis, it's about time to take old Ani out behind the barn. I know you had some good times, but believe me it's better to put him out of his misery rather than let him go on posting like this.

Jackano

BY2K said:
Why are the 2 Oracles so far appart? They are almost the same games...
I disagree with this general thinking.
Story is different, worlds/dungeons are differents, items are mostly differents, many characters are differents...

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Link to the past is "okay" now?
Fuck that noise

awesome

Link to the past
Link's Awakening
The Wind Waker

great

Ocarina
Majora's

Good

TP
Oracle of ages

Okay

Minish Cap
oracle of seasons
TLoZ

Ugh

spirit tracks
Phantom hourglass
adventure of Link

BY2K said:
Why are the 2 Oracles so far appart? They are almost the same games...

Seasons is slightly better than Ages, but both are awesome. It depends on whose opinions you're following. Let's just say Ani is wrong, wrong, totally, incredibly, indefinitely, universally wrong

MicH

The eShop is getting some great games, I'm actually a bit surprised and pleased. Even though I suppose this should be posted in a separate thread and not be confused with the ambassador program?

isny

napkin dispenser
Brainiac 8 said:
I'm excited to play Metroid II again though. :)

I hope this isn't just a port like the other games. The least they could do for the Metroid anniversary would be to give us a Super GB pallet for it. (I know we won't get that, but one can hope that Nintendo has some sort of respect...) =(

GeekyDad

MicH said:
The eShop is getting some great games, I'm actually a bit surprised and pleased. Even though I suppose this should be posted in a separate thread and not be confused with the ambassador program?

It is? Something out of Gamescom, I presume?

Gravijah

isny said:
I hope this isn't just a port like the other games. The least they could do for the Metroid anniversary would be to give us a Super GB pallet for it. (I know we won't get that, but one can hope that Nintendo has some sort of respect...) =(

I don't see it being any different than past VC games.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
GeekyDad said:
It is? Something out of Gamescom, I presume?

For VC, the following were announced (no idea why NintendoLife didn't mention the other two, but hey...):
SML2
Metroid 2
Mega Man: edit Dr Wily's Revenge
Gargoyle's Quest

donny2112

Anasui Kishibe said:
Seasons is slightly better than Ages, but both are awesome.

Together (especially if playing double quests both ways), they're much more meatier than even Link's Awakening for the handheld Zeldas. Link's Awakening had more neato stuff (dessert), but Oracle's combined quests were the better main course to sink your teeth into for some long playthroughs.
Loved the linking between the games, if you can't tell. :D

Brainiac 8 said:
I'm excited to play Metroid II again though. :)

Ugh. I might buy it just to have it with the system, but it really isn't a good Metroid, unless you like almost no backtracking/exploration beyond the current depth of the lava. Story-wise, it was great and led into the greatest Metroid of them all, though. Liked the different Metroid types. Exploration-wise, it's lacking pretty badly. It's a "plow-through"/linear Metroid instead of a "explore everywhere again and again finding new secrets" Metroid.

Boney

Banned
Jackano said:
I disagree with this general thinking.
Story is different, worlds/dungeons are differents, items are mostly differents, many characters are differents...
Not only that, they're pacing and game feel are completely different. They're complements for sure. Seasons is much cooler though.

Stumpokapow said:
For VC, the following were announced (no idea why NintendoLife didn't mention the other two, but hey...):
SML2
Metroid 2
Mega Man Wily Wars
Gargoyle's Quest
Helll yewah

donny2112 said:
Ugh. I might buy it just to have it with the system, but it really isn't a good Metroid, unless you like almost no backtracking/exploration beyond the current depth of the lava. Story-wise, it was great and led into the greatest Metroid of them all, though. Liked the different Metroid types. Exploration-wise, it's lacking pretty badly. It's a "plow-through"/linear Metroid instead of a "explore everywhere again and again finding new secrets" Metroid.
There's still plenty of exploring in this closed up areas. My problem is the freakin Spiderball.

Stumpokapow said:
SML2
Metroid 2
Mega Man: edit Dr Wily's Revenge
Gargoyle's Quest

Hell yeah, I love SML2. I was thinking to myself yesterday if they'd be releasing this game soon. At least it's coming out this year.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Stumpokapow said:
SML2

Ommmmmmmmmmmggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

When?! WHEN

GeekyDad

Very cool. Would definitely love to play SML2. Are these game's all slated for this week, or are they merely "announced"?

GeekyDad said:
Very cool. Would definitely love to play SML2. Are these game's all slated for this week, or are they merely "announced"?
Good one. If we're lucky they might be out within 2 years from now.

But seriously, they are coming during Q4.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
AniHawk said:
Awesome Zeldas:

twilight princess
link's awakening

Great Zeldas:

the minish cap

Good Zeldas:

majora's mask
oracle of ages
the wind waker
ocarina of time
four swords adventure
the legend of zelda

Okay Zeldas:

spirit tracks
a link to the past

BAD ZELDAS
phantom hourglass
adventures of link
oracle of seasons

Let's be friends. I'll even forgive you for putting MM two ranks too low.

Sianos

Top Tier Zeldas:

Link to the Past
Link's Awakening
The Oracles
Wind Waker
Ocarina of Time

High Tier Zeldas:

Minish Cap
The Original
Twilight Princess

Medium-High Tier Zeldas:

Zelda II
Spirit Tracks

Low Tier Zeldas:

Phantom Hourglass

quote really needs to play this zelda but he hasn't because he is a moron

Majora's Mask

I am a terrible person for never playing Majora's Mask.

A TERRIBLE PERSON

WEGGLES

NSQuote said:
Top Tier Zeldas:

Link to the Past
Link's Awakening
The Oracles
Wind Waker
Ocarina of Time

High Tier Zeldas:

Minish Cap
The Original
Twilight Princess

Medium-High Tier Zeldas:

Zelda II
Spirit Tracks

Low Tier Zeldas:

Phantom Hourglass

quote really needs to play this zelda but he hasn't because he is a moron

Majora's Mask

I am a terrible person for never playing Majora's Mask.

A TERRIBLE PERSON

Uh. How shit are the LoZ games if OoT is top tier? I've played WW and MC and liked them... don't really like OoT NEARLY as much. It's rather dated, for sure. Maybe at the time it was amazing, I don't doubt... but here and now? I dunno. 7/10 for me.

Top Bottom