• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official "Free" NES/GBA games for 3DS thread of Nintendo's guilt

risk

So it's just to validate whether or not you signed on the eshop/updated before the 12th? I was hoping to use my serial/receipt to prove that I had the 3DS before the ambassador due date so I would be eligible.

Roto13

risk said:
So it's just to validate whether or not you signed on the eshop/updated before the 12th? I was hoping to use my serial/receipt to prove that I had the 3DS before the ambassador due date so I would be eligible.
You can do that, too, but not through the validation app thingy.

sfried

I got my 3DS back from repair (it is indeed a replacement unit retaining all of my eShop and data settings). I noticed a new...notice replacing the old Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Program message. Did you guys happen to get the Ambassador Program notice updated too, or was I suppose to receive an entirely different message (it did say "Update" before I checked it out, so...)

I really wish they'd post that website sooner.

donny2112

sfried said:
I really wish they'd post that website sooner.

Boo-yaa!

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/sy...ssador.jsp?menu=how&submenu=ctr-ht-amb-lookup

DO NOT PUT IN THE NUMBER IN THE BOX ON YOUR SERIAL #.

Edit:
3DS_Ambassador_20110819.jpg

Gravijah

"Your system was purchased after the deadline for becoming a Nintendo 3DS Ambassador. The Ambassador program is available to any Nintendo 3DS owner who connected to the Nintendo eShop or performed the latest system update before 11:59pm Eastern August 11, 2011. "

guess it's not working properly.

DO NOT PUT THE LAST DIGIT IN

Morts

"Your system was purchased after the deadline for becoming a Nintendo 3DS Ambassador."

No. No it was not. This thing better be broken.

donny2112

Gravijah said:

Edited above post with a picture. It's working for me, at least.

Edit:
It's worth noting that I used the serial number from the Club Nintendo site from when it was linked. Using a Nyko battery, so haven't dug out the original backing to compare, yet.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Boney said:
finally
Eligibility:
Undetermined

Information is not available for this serial number. We are not able to confirm your eligibility for the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Program.

wat
"Fuck Latin America."

randomkid

Haha I got the you are not an ambassador message too. Activity log says I connected to eshop on the 10th so pretty sure this ish is busted. Oh Nintendo.

Tyeforce

To anyone who's getting a message saying they're not an Ambassador, try again but exclude the last digit with the box around it. It seems to be working then. On the North American webpage it says to include the last digit, but other regions have said to exclude it, and sure enough excluding it seems to work.

KarmaCow

Gravijah said:
"Your system was purchased after the deadline for becoming a Nintendo 3DS Ambassador. The Ambassador program is available to any Nintendo 3DS owner who connected to the Nintendo eShop or performed the latest system update before 11:59pm Eastern August 11, 2011. "

It better be, I got the same message.

EDIT: Yup, getting rid of the last digit worked. Thanks!

watershed

Banned
Nintendo thinks a 3ds bought on day 1 of launch is after the ambassador program deadline. Heads will roll if this doesn't get fixed................will probably just send NOA an angry email if I don't get the games in september (it will be my first angry email to a game company ever!!!).

Edit:
Tyeforce said:
To anyone who's getting a message saying they're not an Ambassador, try again but exclude the last digit with the box around it. It seems to be working then. On the North American webpage it says to include the last digit, but other regions have said to exclude it, and sure enough excluding it seems to work.

This man is a genius!!! Totally worked. Someone give him a slice of pie quick!

Gravijah

Tyeforce said:

bingo. :) it worked.

donny2112

DO NOT PUT IN THE NUMBER IN THE BOX ON YOUR SERIAL #.

Edit:
Tyeforce said:

Thanks! Compared the serial # on the Club Nintendo account to the serial # on the original backing, and that last number isn't listed in the Club Nintendo account. :)

vulva

Gravijah said:

I don't think it is working, since I got the same message

EDIT: nm, awesome

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Tyeforce said:

Just did this now it is saying I am a Ambassador. Now it just needs to be the 1st.

Tyeforce said:
It worked! Thanks! :)

randomkid

Yup, removing that last number works. They specifically tell you to "be sure to include the last number in the box" Heh kind of a funny little fuckup.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Eligibility:
This system is not eligible for the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador program.

Your system was purchased after the deadline for becoming a Nintendo 3DS Ambassador. The Ambassador program is available to any Nintendo 3DS owner who connected to the Nintendo eShop or performed the latest system update before 11:59pm Eastern August 11, 2011.

I GOT THE 3DS DAY ONE, ASSHOLE!

The fuck is this bullshit!?

I3rand0

KarmaCow said:
It better be, I got the same message.

EDIT: Yup, getting rid of the last digit worked. Thanks!

So did I and I still have my receipt to prove it too.

Edit: Yeah don't use the last digit.

BooJoh

Yeah, I've connected to the eShop weekly since the day it launched, and it told me I'm not eligible. Left off the last number in the box (which it told me not to forget) and it said I'm an ambassador.

You'd really think they'd get this working before going live with it.

Socreges

Banned
Tyeforce said:
Thank you, sir.

So far there really aren't any games that either I haven't already played or have much interest in. I'm counting on at least one of those unannounced GBA games being a doozie.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Got rid of the number in the box, says I'm in.

Though it clearly says we HAVE to include the number in the box. Ugh.

Tyeforce

No problem everyone, you're welcome. =) I kinda freaked out myself, too, when I first tried it and it wasn't working. But I removed the last digit and it worked like a charm! I also tested it on my boyfriend's 3DS and the 3DS I bought as a gift for my brother and sister, and both of those worked as well!

randomkid

Now the key is for someone who DID buy the 3DS after the deadline to try it out and make sure they're not eligible. Otherwise we could all just be false positives!

DarkWish

donny2112 said:
DO NOT PUT IN THE NUMBER IN THE BOX ON YOUR SERIAL #
Damn, I almost had a freaking heart attack at first since I got the 3DS day 1 and it says I wasn't eligible. Thank you for pointing this out! Okay, I can breathe now.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
They screwed up their thing, putting "Make sure to put the number", when they mean not to.

I wonder what the deal is with that last digit, maybe some sort of check number?

GDGF

Soothsayer
randomkid said:
Yup, removing that last number works. They specifically tell you to "be sure to include the last number in the box" Heh kind of a funny little fuckup.

Yep. I just called an NOA rep and he told me this. They know about the issue and they're working to fix it.

Top Bottom