• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official "Free" NES/GBA games for 3DS thread of Nintendo's guilt

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Nintendo is a pretty cool guy, brings over Mega Man 6 when Capcom won't and doesn't afraid of anything.

It is still the year 1995, right?

Soi-Fong

That's elfin BS. It's saying that I purchased this system after the 11th. BS, I purchased this at launch and logged on to the Nintendo store way before Aug 11th.

Soi-Fong said:
That's elfin BS. It's saying that I purchased this system after the 11th. BS, I purchased this at launch and logged on to the Nintendo store way before Aug 11th.
Did you omit the digit in the box?

Tucah

you speak so well
I was worried because I never logged in after the initial shop launch (completely forgot until the 12th :lol) but I'm an ambassador. Bring on the first!

qq more

What the fuck, I'm not eligible??? Is this a joke you have to ask me? I got the 3DS on the last day of July for fucks sak-

Jaded Alyx said:
Did you omit the digit in the box?
Oh... Now it works, thanks!

What the fuck was Nintendo thinking?! They told me to include that digit.

Roto13

Ha ha ha ha ha ha, GAF panic mode is hilarious

I look forward to ten "WTF NINTENDO NOT ELIGIBLE FUCK YOU" posts per page until September 1st.

randomkid

Watching people's reactions is like a funny little mini-psych test.

"Hmm I guess the site isn't working" High in composure/emotional stability.

"This site better be wrong or else" Medium in composure/emotional stability.

"I GOT THE 3DS DAY ONE, ASSHOLE! The fuck is this bullshit!?" Low in composure/emotional stability.

watershed

Banned
Fantastical said:
Lol, Nintendo of America can't do anything right.
Seriously, I like how the instructions explicitly say "(Be sure to include the last number in the box.)". Maybe NOA is trying to be cheap and avoid sending out the free games or something. Or more than likely the chimp they hire to manage their website typed "in" instead of "ex".

BooJoh

Now that they posted a link to the tool on twitter, there's tons of replies all from people who know they should be eligible but are being told they're not. Way to reassure your fans, NOA.

jwluther

GDGF said:
Yep. I just called an NOA rep and he told me this. They know about the issue and they're working to fix it.
They're "working to fix it"? How long does it take to remove a sentence from a webpage?

ffs

Moodkip

I'm worried this thing is telling anybody that's omitting the last number that they're an ambassador, regardless if they bought their 3DS before or after the 12th/connected or not. It says I'm an ambassador but I don't want to get a big slap in the face later because of a silly glitch.

randomkid said:
Now the key is for someone who DID buy the 3DS after the deadline to try it out and make sure they're not eligible. Otherwise we could all just be false positives!

Basically this.

sfried

I just got my 3DS from repair. At first it says I'm not eligible. So I omit the last digit and now it says "Undetermined". What the hell?

Can Nintendo do anything right with the 3DS? What's going on with them? I think they drowned in the sea of money the original DS and Wii printed, were resuscitated but suffered permanent brain damage.

GDGF

Soothsayer
If you want to be damn sure you're in, you can call 1800-422-2602 and ask to speak to a rep and they'll look it up for you on the spot.

watershed

Banned
grap3fruitman said:
Can Nintendo do anything right with the 3DS? What's going on with them? I think they drowned in the sea of money the original DS and Wii printed, were resuscitated but suffered permanent brain damage.
Unless your in another region I think its best to blame NOA or even more specifically whoever manages the American/Canadian website. Other regions seem to work just fine. Reggie bashing time?

Keyouta

I still get this message:
Eligibility:
Undetermined

Information is not available for this serial number. We are not able to confirm your eligibility for the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Program.

I've tried both with and without the boxed #. Fuckin' NOA.

Hylian7

Like many have said in this thread, NoA just screwed up, the instructions were probably supposed to be "Be sure not to include the last digit in the box." instead of what they are.

I put mine in without the digit and it worked.

I'll say it again

DO NOT PUT IN THE LAST DIGIT IN THE BOX!

Top Bottom