• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official "Free" NES/GBA games for 3DS thread of Nintendo's guilt

Boney

Banned
Takao said:
Huh? Is this an attack on my Medabots fandom or something?
AAIMEcover.jpg

Moodkip

So I've been putting in totally random serial numbers (with the included boxed digit) and each one is a "confirmed ambassador" so far. :\

Can someone test with a 3DS that was bought/connected after the 12th?

I was worried I'll be getting screwed by this program since I wasn't able to register my Sing/Mal 3DS at Club Nintendo with my serial number unless I changed the first 2 letters to "CW".

Tried my luck and bam!

ambassadorf-yeah.jpg

!!!

BowieZ

Banned
This Nintendo 3DS has been registered for the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Program. Visit the Nintendo eShop on your Nintendo 3DS from Sept 1 to access your free downloadable games as they become available.

WOOT

Cygnus X-1

CoolS said:
Do you have a link?

Q: How do I know if I’m registered on the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Programme?

A: We will be providing a tool at http://ambassador.nintendo-europe.com in the near future which will enable you to check if your system is successfully registered on the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Programme. All you will need on hand to check is the serial number of your Nintendo 3DS system, found on the back of the system.

I found this. It's not up.

Entered my number and it says I'm unconfirmed. Bought mine 2 weeks before the price drop and got on the eShop the day I opened it, even got the Ambassador email alert and eShop message. Stupid broken website.

Yen

My code begins with CEH but that doesn't work. However, when I change it to CW, it does work.
Hmm, that doesn't filll me with confidence but I bought mine in July (for £90 more than it is now!).

Nessus

So these sites with the serial numbers, are they just to confirm for peace of mind, or are they a necessary part of authentication you must do before you can get the games?

MooMoo

Nessus said:
So these sites with the serial numbers, are they just to confirm for peace of mind, or are they a necessary part of authentication you must do before you can get the games?
Peace of mind.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Fuzzy said:
11 days left and Nintendo still hasn't announced the rest of the NES games? I'm freaking out!

I'm wondering if we'll even get an announcement before release. We're so late into it they might as well just surprise everyone.

I'd still love to see Punch-Out!, Pro Wrestling, Ice Hockey, Wrecking Crew and Star Tropics on that list.

I have a sinking feeling we're getting Pinball and Clu Clu Land, though.

Gravijah

Plinko said:
I'm wondering if we'll even get an announcement before release. We're so late into it they might as well just surprise everyone.

I'd still love to see Punch-Out! and Star Tropics on that list.

I have a sinking feeling we're getting Pinball, though.

PLINKO DAMN IT BRING BACK THE YOSHI

also tennis

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Gravijah said:
PLINKO DAMN IT BRING BACK THE YOSHI

also tennis

When the GBA version of Yoshi's Island is released I'll bring it back.

Plinko

KarmaCow said:
NES games for the first 10 weeks, GBA games for last 10 weeks then?

That's my guess, but nobody is sure because of the wording of the press release.

donny2112

Fuzzy said:
11 days left and Nintendo still hasn't announced the rest of the NES games? I'm freaking out!

You're going to get 200 coins and go over 600 for the year? You are freaking out!1!

Are you covered to handle the influx of the additional 200 coins?

Arren

If they add the GBA version of Super Mario Bros. 3 to the roster, complete with all the eReader extra levels unlocked, I'll be the happiest man ever.

SMB3 is still one of the most creative, genuinely entertaining and joyful videogame titles I've ever experienced.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
donny2112 said:
You're going to get 200 coins and go over 600 for the year? You are freaking out!1!

Are you covered to handle the influx of the additional 200 coins?
I'll go over for the first time but it won't be by that much.

Hell, if it's possible for me to delay downloading some of these until July then I will and not go over. :)

Unicorn

So I'm platinum already, but I'm curious what kind of "special reward" I can expect.

What have they given in the past? I already redeemed 500 pts for the Animal Crossing playing cards (They are fucking awesome).

I'm probably going to try and save up some more to get another set of them for my friend.

Hell yeah I just checked and I am an ambassador. But my problem is that the tool stated that I should connect to the eShop before Sept 1st or there might be a delay for me to get those games. My 3DS is not able to connect to the eShop. The browser is working totally fine but the eShop is giving connectivity errors. It has never happened with me before. I even looked up those errors on nintendo's techsupport site but it doesnt say shit about what the problem is. Can any of you guys help me on this. I am afraid I wont be able to connect to eShop before Sept 1st because I am pretty busy in the coming days.

Roto13

The "special reward" as in the Platinum reward? In the past we've gotten a Mario hat, a Mario figurine, and this year we got 25 Mario pins. (See a theme? :p) Gold always gets calendars.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Satanic Saint said:
Hell yeah I just checked and I am an ambassador. But my problem is that the tool stated that I should connect to the eShop before Sept 1st or there might be a delay for me to get those games. My 3DS is not able to connect to the eShop. The browser is working totally fine but the eShop is giving connectivity errors. It has never happened with me before. I even looked up those errors on nintendo's techsupport site but it doesnt say shit about what the problem is. Can any of you guys help me on this. I am afraid I wont be able to connect to eShop before Sept 1st because I am pretty busy in the coming days.
You're totally screwed and won't get the games for 6 months, sorry.

Relax.

Top Bottom