• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official "Free" NES/GBA games for 3DS thread of Nintendo's guilt

fernoca

Satanic Saint said:
Hell yeah I just checked and I am an ambassador. But my problem is that the tool stated that I should connect to the eShop before Sept 1st or there might be a delay for me to get those games. My 3DS is not able to connect to the eShop. The browser is working totally fine but the eShop is giving connectivity errors. It has never happened with me before. I even looked up those errors on nintendo's techsupport site but it doesnt say shit about what the problem is. Can any of you guys help me on this. I am afraid I wont be able to connect to eShop before Sept 1st because I am pretty busy in the coming days.
Where do you live? If you're in the US, contact NOA; Europe = NOE, etc. If you're in Laitn America, some countries the eShop is not working yet, but will work by the time the games are out.

Unicorn

Roto13 said:
The "special reward" as in the Platinum reward? In the past we've gotten a Mario hat, a Mario figurine, and this year we got 25 Mario pins. (See a theme? :p) Gold always gets calendars.
Buh. Platinum members should get the calendar too!

fernoca said:
Where do you live? If you're in the US, contact NOA; Europe = NOE, etc. If you're in Laitn America, some countries the eShop is not working yet, but will work by the time the games are out.
I imported a 3DS from the US. I live in India where the last officially launched Nintendo console was the GBA. But I have never had connectivity problems with my DS Lite or my 3DS up until now. Even my internet browser is working fine and my connenction test is passing, its just the eShop which is giving problems.

sakipon

Satanic Saint said:
Even my internet browser is working fine and my connenction test is passing, its just the eShop which is giving problems.
Have you tried any other connections, like at a friend's place or a public one?

Javier

Satanic Saint said:
I imported a 3DS from the US. I live in India where the last officially launched Nintendo console was the GBA. But I have never had connectivity problems with my DS Lite or my 3DS up until now. Even my internet browser is working fine and my connenction test is passing, its just the eShop which is giving problems.
What kind of connectivity error message are you getting? Also, you have the location on your 3DS set to USA, right?

Cruzader

Banned
Satanic Saint said:
My bro bought as used 3ds and when trying to connect to the eShop, we get that error too. I live in the US.

Also noob Q, the previous owner left some date and games in the system. My bro said he changed his Id name or some sort...is that all that needs to be done or is it live PSN where you can make a new account and such?? Thanx

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Yenrot said:
Maintenance
It's obvious that the maintenance is in order to update us with the final 5 NES games. 1 week to go and they're finally telling us!

They ain't telling us shit. :(

Roto13

Wouldn't it be nice?

w4np.wiggle.gif

(I didn't make this, I just found it on some random website.)

You can also see it on your 3DS in much nicer 3D.

Fuzzy

MicH said:
I've been waiting for it as well. As always, I fear the worst for some reason :p
It's because it's Nintendo. It's hard for us to image them not screwing something up for some reason.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So still no leaks about these games? I'm somewhat surprised. Looking forward to seeing what we get.

Fuzzy

Anyone else think we're only getting the first 5 NES games on Thursday and an announcement of what the other 5 games we'll be downloading over the next 5 weeks?

GeekyDad

Fuzzy said:
Anyone else think we're only getting the first 5 NES games on Thursday and an announcement of what the other 5 games we'll be downloading over the next 5 weeks?

I think we're getting one game Thursday, one game the week after that, and so on and so forth. Hope I'm wrong, but that's my suspicion.

Roto13

GeekyDad said:
I think we're getting one game Thursday, one game the week after that, and so on and so forth. Hope I'm wrong, but that's my suspicion.
Your "suspicion" goes against what we've explicitly been told every time it has come up until now, but ok.

DSN2K

GeekyDad said:

I think its more likely we will get 5 games they have announced at the beginning and maybe other 5 later in the month.

We don't really know whats going to happen due to Nintendo's lack of info.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
GeekyDad said:

I think we're getting all 10 at once. The original email could have been taken different ways, but on the current website it seems pretty definite.

GeekyDad

Roto13 said:
Your "suspicion" goes against what we've explicitly been told every time it has come up until now, but ok.

By others in this thread, not by Nintendo. I still don't agree that the wording of their statement on their U.S. site can be interpreted in just the one way, but ok.

Will enjoy being proven wrong, though.

donny2112

Fuzzy said:

i_live_to_stir_the_pot_tshirt-p235758243249441515t5tr_400.jpg

GeekyDad said:
I still don't agree that the wording of their statement on their U.S. site can be interpreted in just the one way, but ok.

There's primary and secondary interpretations. The primary interpretation is that all 10 games will be released on Sept. 1. If the secondary possibility of them just starting to be released on Sept. 1 was intended, then they worded it badly to get across that meaning. It would be *awkward* but not impossible to interpret the press release that way.

GeekyDad

Gravijah said:
Remember when the store first went up and how badly it got hammered?

Good times, good times.

So, what you're saying is, expect about 10 pages of this thread to be dedicated solely to complaining about the eShop on Thursday?

watershed

Banned
Gravijah said:

Good times, good times.
People still complain today but from my user experience the store works fine. In fact, without knowing sales data, I'd say the store in terms of design and UI is a success.

Fuzzy

Gravijah said:

Good times, good times.
That's true. See you guys at 9am Pacific in order to get my stuff before the flood of people hit it.

fernoca

OMG! Yeah! :(

It's Septmeber 1st!!, where are my games??!
OMG 15 minutes already and no games!!!
eShop's crashing on me WTF NITNENDO FIX THIS SHIT!!

Multiplied x 200. :p
So many "hardcore gamers" and yet they don't have patience or...common sense. :p

Top Bottom