• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official "Free" NES/GBA games for 3DS thread of Nintendo's guilt

fernoca said:
OMG! Yeah! :(

It's Septmeber 1st!!, where are my games??!
OMG 15 minutes already and no games!!!
eShop's crashing on me WTF NITNENDO FIX THIS SHIT!!

Multiplied x 200. :p
So many "hardcore gamers" and yet they don't have patience or...common sense. :p
you're from the future

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
fernoca said:

So many "hardcore gamers" and yet they don't have patience or...common sense. :p
I expect stupidity in Steam Sales threads-level.

Futureman

fernoca said:

I work til 8 pm on Thursday and I'm not checking until after I get home and eat, so like 9 pm.

Didn't they give a specific time for the e-shop update and they totally missed it?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
AniHawk said:
it's supposed to be the nes legend of zelda but instead we get the snes legend of zelda
And by snes legends of zelda, they mean the new parts of the GBA port of the game that only 1% of the owners used.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
I vote for a new thread title;

Happy Rom Dump for Make Happy Nintendo Fans and Forget about Troubles Day

Utako

Banned
There are an inordinate number of little kids who would orgasm early in life over 20 free games, but are too young (and have parents too ignorant) to know about it...

I was really expecting them to announce the rest of the games today. I mean, they're [supposedly] going to be downloadable in three days, right?

Jesus.

maeda

So we are pretty sure that SMB 3 will be one of the NES downloads? Cause if not heads will fall down!
P.S.: It's not like I have time to play my 3DS with all that stupid school and work, anyway. :( At least I am getting 4 streetpasses on average daily!

fernoca

maeda said:
So we are pretty sure that SMB 3 will be one of the NES downloads? Cause if not heads will fall down!
Super Mario Bros. 3 hasn't been confirmed, only rumored...unless there's a recent confirmation. :p

maeda

fernoca said:
Super Mario Bros. 3 hasn't been confirmed, only rumored...unless there's a recent confirmation. :p
They used a screenshot in one of their official press releases. It just makes too much sense to have it. I haven't played it in such a long time! There is only one thing better than having a perfect conversion of SMB 3 in your pocket, having a perfect Super Metroid conversion in your pocket!

Cheesemeister said:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/ambassador/detail.html

The games:

Famicom, available starting 9/1

Super Mario Bros.
Donkey Kong Jr.
Balloon Fight
Ice Climber
The Legend of Zelda
Wrecking Crew
NES Open Tournament Golf
Yoshi
Metroid
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

No, I don't know if this is just for Japan, or what.
Decent list of games. Never finished Metroid, or the original Zelda. Yoshi should be awesome! Now we wait for the GBA list.

oatmeal

Banned
I'm not really looking forward to the NES games...

It's the GBA games that I never really played much of...like Wario Ware...M v DK...shit like that.

I have at least 5 versions of Zelda 1/2 already.

Cheesemeister said:

The games:

Super Mario Bros.
Donkey Kong Jr.
Balloon Fight
Ice Climber
The Legend of Zelda
Wrecking Crew
NES Open Tournament Golf
Yoshi
Metroid

That's a fine list. Surprised that they're not including Kid Icarus though. I would've thought that they'd be chomping at the bit to take advantage of this advertising opportunity!

Meh. Not so enthused about the list. Zelda fans get two entries? Kirby, Kid Icarus, Punch Out, Dr. Mario, Ice Hockey, or Pinball would've been nice.

Suzzopher

Nuclear Muffin said:
That's a fine list. Surprised that they're not including Kid Icarus though. I would've thought that they'd be chomping at the bit to take advantage of this advertising opportunity!

Guess they didn't want to put people off the franchise ;)

Freezie KO said:
Meh. Not so enthused about the list. Zelda fans get two entries? Kirby, Kid Icarus, Punch Out, Dr. Mario, Ice Hockey, or Pinball would've been nice.

Dr Mario would've pissed off the people who bought the DSi Ware or the GB VC versions (currently Japan only).

Kirby or Kid Icarus would've been good replacements for Zelda 2 if they didn't want too much Zelda representation. But considering that they're celebrating Zelda's 25th anniversary, you can't have too much Zelda here!

It's a pretty good list if it's for all regions. I was hoping for one or two games out of left field, but they are all pretty solid.

I don't know why, but I'm really excited about Wrecking Crew.

Nuclear Muffin said:
Dr Mario would've pissed off the people who bought the DSi Ware or the GB VC versions (currently Japan only).

Kirby or Kid Icarus would've been good replacements for Zelda 2 if they didn't want too much Zelda representation. But considering that they're celebrating Zelda's 25th anniversary, you can't have too much Zelda here!

Not being a Zelda fan, it's funny because I was thinking about what I'd rather have. So I took a look through my NES cart collection. It's kinda amazing, but I was surprised at how much I actually cared about on that system was third party. The big first party stuff for me were the three SMB games, and I figured we'd only get one of them.

MoxManiac

Pretty meh list out side of SMB and the two zeldas. No kirby?

Honestly though i'm having trouble thinking about what exactly there is on NES that's first party..

Peagles

Cheesemeister said:

The games:

Super Mario Bros.
Donkey Kong Jr.
Balloon Fight
Ice Climber
The Legend of Zelda
Wrecking Crew
NES Open Tournament Golf
Yoshi
Metroid

I'd be happy with that list for sure. I still haven't finished Zelda or Zelda II (yes, I'm a terrible person) but I know I could finish them on the go!

MoxManiac said:
Pretty meh list out side of SMB and the two zeldas. No kirby?

Honestly though i'm having trouble thinking about what exactly there is on NES that's first party..

Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 3
Kirby's Adventure
Star Tropics
Zoda's Revenge: StarTropics II
Punchout!!
Kid Icarus
Ice Hockey

Those are the ones I'd be interested in.

confused said:
WTF Nintendo ?

great list otherwise but who cares about 25 year old sports games?
I care about Ice Hockey. :(

But yeah, no one gives a rats ass about NES Open Tournament Golf. That's pure filler on Nintendo's part, and a pretty shitty "reward" for being an early adopter.

confused

Banned
GrotesqueBeauty said:

But yeah, no one gives a rats ass about NES Open Tournament Golf. That's pure filler on Nintendo's part, and a pretty shitty "reward" for being an early adopter.

If it were Blades of Steel I would've marked out like crazy.

GrotesqueBeauty said:

Hey, I care about it. I've never played it before so I'm all for its inclusion!

watershed

Banned
Very excited for that list, especially the play Zelda II. Boo at those complaining at getting a fairly diverse list of free games. I think it will be fun and caters to lots of different tastes.

artwalknoon said:
Very excited for that list, especially the play Zelda II. Boo at those complaining at getting a fairly diverse list of free games. I think it will be fun and caters to lots of different tastes.
Mario/Zelda/Metroid is great, but there are still some obvious missed opportunities. The absence of Kirby and Kid Icarus in particular is a bit conspicuous. Also, anytime I see Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Jr. packaged separately instead of together as Donkey Kong Classics I'm mildly annoyed. It was lame on GBA and VC and it's lame here as well, in spite of being "free".

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Good list, though I was secretly hoping for Star Tropics, SMB2 and Kirby.

I like golf games, though NES Open Tournament is no Mario Golf. Nintendo World Cup by Technos would've been a better sports choice. Wrecking Crew I've never really enjoyed.

Thoraxes

Wow.
We're getting actual good NES games.
Nintendo must be really compensational.
Zelda 2, Metroid, Zelda, ICe Climbers? Hell yes.

Now they also have an excuse for never putting them in the 3DS Animal Crossing too.

As for the Mario games, i'm willing to bet we'll see some of their GBA ports on the GBA list, which is fine by me, because those are great games.

Top Bottom