• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official "Free" NES/GBA games for 3DS thread of Nintendo's guilt

EvilMario said:
Repeating again. It's under Settings / Other on the far left. Then click on Your Downloads. And then scroll through until you see the games and a REDOWNLOAD button.
Oh wow, sorry about that. Thanks though.

I got my games yay. I have to say that the Game Notes functionality on 3DS is perfect for password based games like Metroid until the final versions come out with save states.

GeekyDad

tim.mbp said:
I've only downloaded the certificate so far. I want to see if I'll get a notification for them.

How are people organizing their Home screen? Seems like things will start to get really cluttered.

I just resized my menu again. It's starting to look more and more like my desktop every day. With all my DSiWare, movies, 3DSWare, essential software, and now NES, I have 46 icons in my menu. Seems I have almost double that left in empty spaces, and perhaps it will let me expand further down the road -- not sure.

tim.mbp said:
I've only downloaded the certificate so far. I want to see if I'll get a notification for them.

How are people organizing their Home screen? Seems like things will start to get really cluttered.

I just spent like 35 minutes doing just that. Holding down the icon then moving them. I pushed all the non game stuff all the way to the end. LOL

imthemaid

Banned
JackFrost said:
I didnt wanna be the first to say it.

Unimpressed...Ill stick with the PSP for my handheld EMU needs

And I'll stick with something that isn't glitchy laggy garbage.

JackFrost said:
what a hassle....They relly need a cart or queue system and a folder setup. I went through op and saw nothing...any way to get these to stretch to fit on top screen? too fuking small for me.

You're a true scholar.

imthemaid said:
And I'll stick with something that isn't glitchy laggy garbage.
You're a true scholar.

sorry dude ive NEVER had a problem with any nes/gb game on psp except for KH. Im not really trying to argue its just my opinion on this.

you mad about something...just another opinion its too small.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
tim.mbp said:

Only really using two sections, with the grid zoomed out two levels from max. Only the Safety Warning / Ambassador Certificate are pushed all the way to the right. I deleted all the E3 videos, cluttering my precious 3DS.

mx8FQ.jpg
qxnOT.jpg

imthemaid

Banned
JackFrost said:
sorry dude ive NEVER had a problem with any nes/gb game on psp except for KH. Im not really trying to argue its just my opinion on this.

you mad about something...just my opinion its too small.

Apology not accepted.

Are you mad about my opinion of your opinion?

Can you read this? H o w a b o u t t h i s?

CoolS

People from EU have to chill. I know, every other regions seem to have the game a day early but all they ever said is that we will get them tomorrow. So if we can't download them by tomorrow evening, well then it's really time to get angry imo.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Downloading the games now ... I'm going to be deleting all those E3 videos eventually.

The 3DS would benefit from a trash can icon somewhere on the menu, then you could just drag and drop items into it instead of going to settings lol.

randrews

Neo Member
The downloads work here in BC, but now that I've given a couple of the games a whirl, I've realized that the d-pad isn't all that great for playing old games. It's too tiny! Nintendo better fix this with the 3DSXL

jufonuk

not tag worthy
CoolS said:
People from EU have to chill. I know, every other regions seem to have the game a day early but all they ever said is that we will get them tomorrow. So if we can't download them by tomorrow evening, well then it's really time to get angry imo.

it's not even that, I cannot check that I am eligible to DL them, I should be been online before the deadline, it's the not knowing that is doing my noggin (head) in, I think EU Nintendo 3DS owners are in the same boat as me so freaking out :(

I hope the next firmware update adds a buffering function to games that are on the SD card. My homescreen is half empty for 2-3 seconds until the SD card loads the icons.

D-Pad is not good but I think I would get use to it or even the slider. Bigger issue is the SNES style pad A/B for Mario is not good for me. I do the B/Y with the All-Stars versions.

It is gonna be an adjustment with that.

I always forget Select is how you go down in the menu in Zelda. So there I was for about 2 minutes at the game over screen, pressing down, wondering why it wouldn't go down to Save, tried switching to controller 2, then realized I have to press Select...

GDGF

Soothsayer
Just finished downloading :)

Sucks a bit that you have to return to the first screen every download, but the games themselves only took about four seconds or so per download.

GeekyDad

imthemaid said:
Apology not accepted.

Are you mad about my opinion of your opinion?

Can you read this? H o w a b o u t t h i s?

Wow, dude...guy seemed to be trying his damnedest to be polite.

Javier said:
Also, according to the 3DS manual (the actual booklet), there's a limit on 300 icons on the 3DS Menu.

Holy shit. Don't think I'll ever have to worry about running out of space...or will I?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
StickSoldier said:
What the fuck man, it says that they're still not available.
I got them from Texas too.
So you see them in your list, and it doesn't have the two buttons?
One that says More Info (i think) and Redownload?

GDGF said:
Yep it connects.

First thing I tried months ago.

Cool, I'll try it during lunch. Then I can grab a couple to play before lunch is over and I won't have to wait till I get home tonight to do it. Thanks.

Top Bottom