• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official "Free" NES/GBA games for 3DS thread of Nintendo's guilt

Roto13

Had to delete a bunch of music to get them to fit. :p But yay, free NES games. I've only played Balloon Fight so far but it looks fine. Someone I follow on Twitter and one or two people on here say it looks blurry, but I don't know how that's even possible. The 3DS and NES have the same vertical resolution. Nothing is upscaled....

richiek said:
I'm at work and I left my 3DS at home.

rageGuy2.jpg

:Motorbass said:
I hope the next firmware update adds a buffering function to games that are on the SD card. My homescreen is half empty for 2-3 seconds until the SD card loads the icons.
You might be able to dos oemthing already, use a higher class of SD card. At least on the Wii I noticed a difference.

:Motorbass said:
I hope the next firmware update adds a buffering function to games that are on the SD card. My homescreen is half empty for 2-3 seconds until the SD card loads the icons.

Oh my goodness what will you ever do for those 3 seconds?

Seriously, that sounds like a weird complaint.

Starwolf_UK said:
You might be able to dos oemthing already, use a higher class of SD card. At least on the Wii I noticed a difference.

I need to do this one of these days. I'm sure just about anything will be faster than the MicroSD in SD Adapter that I use now.

Edit: In fact, any recommendations?

Futureman

Whenever you Streetpass someone and it says what game they've been playing, is it just the most recent game, or is it your game with the most playtime according to the Activity Log?

I played Zelda 1 NES this morning for about 10 minutes and I'm wondering if that's what people will see if I Streetpass them today?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Futureman said:
Whenever you Streetpass someone and it says what game they've been playing, is it just the most recent game, or is it your game with the most playtime according to the Activity Log?

I played Zelda 1 NES this morning for about 10 minutes and I'm wondering if that's what people will see if I Streetpass them today?
Most recent.

beje

Banned
Futureman said:

Last app launched, either game or not (System settings, Netflix, etc...).

Edit: lol, beaten

Greymanic

Neo Member
Futureman said:

I believe its the last application you use, be it a game or something like the activity log or even the streetpass plaza.

I think I"m gonna try playing through Zelda II without using the Life spell. I beat it twice before and I already saw YouTube vids of a player going through at the lowest stats possible.

Boney

Banned
Open Golf is surprisingly great! Did a +36 lol, but in the end I was catching on and scored to birdies. Bar just moves so fast and putting is impossible.
Naked Snake said:
Welp. I still got my nes games though.

Javier

Fun Fact: The Wii VC version of Zelda 1 is actually the same version released as the Classic NES series on the GBA, with the 1986-2004 Copyright notice and proper English. The 3DS VC version however, is the original NES version with all the broken English.

Open Golf is surprisingly great! Did a +36 lol, but in the end I was catching on and scored to birdies. Bar just moves so fast and putting is impossible.
There is a setting before you swing where you select "fast, medium, and slow".

The Medium and Slower settings make it much easier to swing, but I *think* it has an effect on your output as well.

Javier said:
Fun Fact: The Wii VC version of Zelda 1 is actually the same version released as the Classic NES series on the GBA, with the 1986-2004 Copyright notice and proper English. The 3DS VC version however, is the original NES version with all the broken English.

Rushed conversion process confirmed?

KittenMaster said:
I think I"m gonna try playing through Zelda II without using the Life spell. I beat it twice before and I already saw YouTube vids of a player going through at the lowest stats possible.
I beat the whole game last year, but after beating it I realized I forgot to get the Shield spell. Whoops!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Cymbal Head said:
Why the hell can't I hit the ball farther than 6 yards in this golf game?

Am I misunderstanding how this is supposed to work?

Hit the button when the cursor is at the far left of the blue bar and then push it again as close as you can get to the flashing white part.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
EvilMario said:
I AM ERROR

I was amazed that the servers were not over run like it was during the eShop opening.
Most people thought they'd be up tomorrow.

I won't be downloading any of the games yet since I really don't care about them.

Okay, I have beaten the original Zelda four or five times over my life...

...But I still have NO idea where the second dungeon is without the use of a walkthrough. I have no idea what it is, but I have never implanted it into my memory. Yet I know where even the littlest secrets of the rest of the game are.

The Mana Legend said:

...But I can still have NO idea where the second dungeon is without the use of a walkthrough. I have no idea what it is, but I have never implanted it into my memory. Yet I know where even the littlest secrets of the rest of the game are.

Strangely, I can't think of where Dungeon 2 is, either. Isn't it in the Forest, a few screens away from the start point, but you have to take a long route to get there? Or is that Level-3?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
The Mana Legend said:

...But I still have NO idea where the second dungeon is without the use of a walkthrough. I have no idea what it is, but I have never implanted it into my memory. Yet I know where even the littlest secrets of the rest of the game are.
I used to always miss it because you can only enter it from 1 screen. I don't know how long it would have taken me to find it if the map to the first two dungeons wasn't in the instruction manual.

Javier

Ah, the "Free Key" glitch in Level-1 of Zelda. Using it is almost tradition at this point.

And yeah, Level-2 can be real tricky to find. In my first playthrough I did levels 1, 3, 4, 5 and found 6 and 8 before finding Level-2.

Electivirus said:
I see the notes function becoming VERY useful to me in the near future.

That and the itty-bitty Web Browser.

To be honest, I always forget about the Notes function!

EDIT: Javier: What "Free Key" glitch is this, exactly? A halfhearted Google search brought me nothing.

I don't think it's a glitch, I think there's just one door in the dungeon that you don't have to open so you can keep an extra one for later use. There might actually be a few dungeons like that.

WEGGLES

Holy moley, that was a pain. 11 seperate downloads that require like 10 button presses each :[

Can't have a queue or them all as one download? :[

Top Bottom