• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official "Free" NES/GBA games for 3DS thread of Nintendo's guilt

@MUWANdo

Banned
There is no account system, no. From the sounds of things Nintendo is working on implementing one eventually, but again, no real timeline.

Roto13 said:
The update is coming this month and obviously it's not one-way between two 3DSes.

That's a different non-specific firmware update; the update to the NES games will only come once Nintendo officially makes NES games available to the general public on the 3DS VC, which is not coming on November 22 with the firmware update AFAIK.

When I say "one-way" I mean that it's a transfer, not a PS3-esque gameshare thing - you can only have the games on one unit at a time. There is a transfer cap, too, but I don't think anyone know what it is.

AbsoluteZero said:
Where did you read that the GBA games are non-transferrable? (This is a bummer as I was planning on replacing my beaten up Aqua Blue 3DS with a Flame Red unit)

It was one one of the Ambassador FAQs, eith NOE's or NOA's, I forget which. I hear it's been edited since people unearthed them originally but I haven't checked myself - if they've changed it to say that GBA games can be transferred then I'll be pleasantly surprised. EDOT: looks like someone already did!

Esiquio

Wow, haha...sorry for dissapointing everyone with the bump. Unless I'm a bit thick, I still don't think that my question was answered:

If I buy a 3DS that already downloaded the Ambassador games, then they're mine to keep and I'm good to go, right? RIGHT???!!

Also, is the Ambassador Certificate something that is necessary to have? From what I understand it is two things:
1. A video for Ambassador's only
2. A notification tool of some sort that notifies you when new 3DS Ambassador games are available (i.e. the GBA games everyone pooped their pants about when I bumped this thread)

Luigi87

Esiquio said:
Wow, haha...sorry for dissapointing everyone with the bumb. Unless I'm a bit thick, I still don't think that my question was answered:

If I buy a 3DS that already downloaded the Ambassador games, then they're mine to keep and I'm good to go, right? RIGHT???!!

Also, is the Ambassador Certificate something that is necessary to have? From what I understand it is two things:
2. A notification tool of some sort that notifies you when new 3DS Ambassador games are available (i.e. the GBA games everyone pooped their pants about when I bumped this thread)

As of right now there is no way to transfer the games. In the future one will be able to, but right now, you cannot.

The certificate is unneeded.

backlot

Esiquio said:
Wow, haha...sorry for dissapointing everyone with the bumb. Unless I'm a bit thick, I still don't think that my question was answered:

Abassadorship is linked to each individual system. If you buy a system with the ambassador games on them they will stay on that system unless you do a system transfer after the update comes out.

I don't think the Ambassador Certificate is necessary but if you buy a system with ambassador games on it you should be able to download the certificate at any point.

Esiquio

Luigi87 said:
As of right now there is no way to transfer the games. In the future one will be able to, but right now, you cannot.

The certificate is unneeded.

That's fine with me. I just want to buy a used 3DS that has them already, that's good enough. Transferring them later to another 3DS would be nice down the line. I think I missed the boat with getting some Club Nintendo coins, but that's alright.

EDIT: Thanks GAF, this is why I love you. Thanks @MUWANdo, Luigi87, backlot, and Roto13 for the quick and clear answers.

Roto13

Esiquio said:

The eShop account is tied to the hardware (until you transfer it and tie it to different hardware). They're yours forever assuming you keep your 3DS forever or transfer them to another 3DS and keep THAT forever.

Nintendo doesn't have too much longer until they have to release the GBA games, right guys? Right? I really hope they don't delay it, playing Metroid Fusion again is something I can't wait for.

Since we're on the topic of transfers and such, is it possible to transfer from the 3DS back to the DSi? Like if I wanted to play my download of Cave Story on my XL, for instance?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
ConradCervantes said:
Since we're on the topic of transfers and such, is it possible to transfer from the 3DS back to the DSi? Like if I wanted to play my download of Cave Story on my XL, for instance?
That'd be nice, so no.

Lothars

The Mana Legend said:
Nope. I'm guessing they will announce them after Mario Kart 7 is released.
Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case, they don't want to take any attention from the other games.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Everytime this thread gets bumped I get a nice feeling thinking the GBA games are finally coming but then I open the thread I am sad.

JazzmanZ

For once there might actually be a tibit of news!

Recently there were some spot passes sent out for ambassadors to look foward to a update on the release of the GBA games soon.

So I'll gander by december they'll be out

Recently there were some spot passes sent out for ambassadors to look foward to a update on the release of the GBA games soon.

Real potential for news.

Shock & Awe.

GameE

I never got a spotpass :(

tsab

to all of you saying to stop bumping the thread:

you just bumped the thread posting that

ohhhhh jesus I did it too!!! AAAAAAArg

Kerub

Banned
Maybe Nintendo is just waiting for us to forget that they promised GBA games.

So if we keep bumping this thread we will eventually get the games!

Top Bottom